Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus IS300h service Dublin

Options
  • 19-02-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I bought a 2015 Lexus up North last year and it needs a service now. Anyone with any experience getting one in Dublin or have a recommendation?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Main dealer all day.

They'll do a Hybrid Health Check too which (I think) gives another 12 month warranty on the hybrid system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Soarer is bang on the money. Also you arent limited to lexus. Some toyota dealers also have lexus trained techs (though maybe this is only allowed in cities without a lexus dealership).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

That's great advice cheers. Seems Murphy and Gunn are authorized Lexus repairer so they might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I bought a 2015 Lexus up North last year and it needs a service now. Anyone with any experience getting one in Dublin or have a recommendation?

Cheers

I, too, got a 2015 IS300h from up North. I tried ringing Murphy and Gunn, as they were nearby, but couldn't get them to answer their phone. So, I ended up using Carroll & Kinsella, who were able to answer their phone and take a booking. Their service place is in Deansgrange beside the NCT centre.

I, too, got a 2015 IS300h from up North. I tried ringing Murphy and Gunn, as they were nearby, but couldn't get them to answer their phone. So, I ended up using Carroll & Kinsella, who were able to answer their phone and take a booking. Their service place is in Deansgrange beside the NCT centre.

Just checked online statements - €245 for the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ilfdlab

Hi all, I too have a UK import is300h & brought it to Denis Mahony for the full service & Hybrid health check. The full service seems to have consisted of an oil & filter change, air filter & brake fluid change & cost a hefty €350 ! None of the wheels were removed so brake pads must have been checked with a mirror...I would be interested to hear what a €245 service entails ? I normally do my own maintenance but brought it to a main dealer to maintain the warranty.

Ilfdlab wrote: »
    ...I would be interested to hear what a €245 service entails.

Hi, I just came across the invoice and documentation this morning.

It was a 2nd Annual Service (Full Health & Safety), Every 30,000 km or 2 years, whichever comes first, @ €245 Inc VAT. Also included the Hybrid Health Check.

Attached is a pic of their After sales leaflet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ilfdlab

Thanks Deliberator, I know where I won't be going back to for my next service.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bazzzzzza

Hi - Im looking at a 142 is300h UK import. It will be five years old soon so I understand needs a “Health Check” to extrnd the Hybrid system warranty. The seller is an independent and the car has a full lexus service history from the Lexus uk dealer. Wondering has anyone confirmed that you can get a health check done at an Irish Lexus/Toyota dealer on a UK import and enforce the hybrid warranty in Ireland if something goes wrong?

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

The in laws have a Yaris Hybrid that we brought in from the UK, and our main Toyota dealer does the health check every year.

I assume Lexus would be the same.

• Advertisement

Okay- that's very good to know. Thank you!

Bazzzzzza wrote: »
    ...Wondering has anyone confirmed that you can get a health check done at an Irish Lexus/Toyota dealer on a UK import and enforce the hybrid warranty in Ireland if something goes wrong?

Many thanks!!

Hi, I have a 151 is300h, that I brought in from the North, just over a year ago. I had it serviced and the health check done here in Dublin, by a Lexus agent. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

How long does the hybrid warranty last? I

Hi, I have a 151 is300h, that I brought in from the North, just over a year ago. I had it serviced and the health check done here in Dublin, by a Lexus agent. No problem.

Excellent, do you mind me asking which agent? Murphy and Gunn by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Bandito909 wrote: »

10 years if you get the healthcheck done every year. Simplest just to keep the full dealer service history as healthcheck is included with the service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Don't know about imports but I've. 141 lexus and I hed it serviced c/w health check on Dennis Mahony M50. The hybrid health check is not really a big deal at all. I barely even noticed they'd done it.

Got a call saying all was good and a decent report. I did buy it new there and have had it serviced there from the start though.

They don't seem to care if you bought it there or not though. I reminded them of that when I needed a new reflector and got a discount, but they'd no issue servicing it. I'd bought it in the kilbarrick branch and wasn't recorded as a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bandito909 wrote: »

1 year or 15000km or if in miles 10000

245 is for the intermediate service which is basically an oil change if you leave out the "freebies" included, and the full is around 420.
    Gone up since last year.
    Crazy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Don't know about Lexus but the Toyota Hybrid Health Check is €50, and you can just do normal servicing elsewhere. I do the oil and filters myself.

Bazzzzzza wrote: »
    Excellent, do you mind me asking which agent? Murphy and Gunn by any chance?

Carroll & Kinsella. Their service department is in Deansgrange Business Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egyman

Lads,

240 euros for engine oil, filter, air filter, differential oil, and brake oil, is not much at all.
    I have a corolla 2010, and changed the oil and filter only for 100 euro in a garage not even a registered dealer.

• Advertisement

egyman wrote: »
    Lads,

240 euros for engine oil, filter, air filter, differential oil, and brake oil, is not much at all.
    I have a corolla 2010, and changed the oil and filter only for 100 euro in a garage not even a registered dealer.

You don't get the diff oil changed in the €240 service.
    Or brake fluid if I remember correctly.
    That's only in the €420 service.

Also,
    €100 for oil and filter is bad enough.
    €40ish for parts and 15min work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 egyman

blade1 wrote: »
    You don't get the diff oil changed in the €240 service.
    Or brake fluid if I remember correctly.
    That's only in the €420 service.

This is what I see from Deliberator invoice.
    Hi, I just came across the invoice and documentation this morning.

It was a 2nd Annual Service (Full Health & Safety), Every 30,000 km or 2 years, whichever comes first, @ €245 Inc VAT. Also included the Hybrid Health Check.

Attached is a pic of their After sales leaflet.

Check his image, seems fair.

egyman wrote: »
    This is what I see from Deliberator invoice.

Check his image, seems fair.

I've gotten the service a few times my self.
    The full health is 60 worth which is supposed to be free.
    But even if it wasn't you'd be paying 185 for more or less an oil change and safety check.
    And the safety check is just a way for them to see can they make some more money on items you may need.

Here's an actual invoice of mine from a year ago to show what you get for your money

IMG-20191101-132902.jpg

€230 and they're still too tight to use the correct 0W20 oil!? :rolleyes:
    One of the reasons I started doing oil changes myself...

€230 and they're still too tight to use the correct 0W20 oil!? :rolleyes:
    One of the reasons I started doing oil changes myself...
    I've the full service due soon and I'll be doing it myself.
    The only reasons I was getting it done at lexus was for the hybrid check and stamped service history.
    Now is there away I can get someone to do just a hybrid check on it.

Toyota dealers will do the HHC on its own, not sure about Lexus.

Toyota dealers will do the HHC on its own, not sure about Lexus.

Not when I asked and Toyota wouldn't either.

Well Toyota will, for a Toyota...

• Advertisement

Well Toyota will, for a Toyota...

I know that ;)

Advertisement