Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends boxing 26/10 Prograis/Taylor

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The Mig wrote: »
    Adam Smith on a Prograis wankathon. 4-4 for me

7 rounds in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

From what I can see, and the stream is shakey, Taylor is now winning, if he had more power prograis would be out by now

8th round to Prograis.

I have it 4-4 now.

Big round from Taylor there.
    Bullied him back

5-4

Taylor is dominiating now 6-4.

Driving forward but keeping his defence really tight too. His performance is surprising me a bit here. Best I've seen him.

• Advertisement

Prograis won the 11th.
    This is razor thin now

I have it a draw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Super fight. Taylor by 2 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Draw for me, I thought Taylor was going to win 8-4 at one stage but Prograis dug deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Didn’t score rds, but Taylor won 60 percent that fight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

Taylor by 1 for me. Mainly cos I scored the 11th even. Otherwise a draw.

Taylor on bigger strikes and prograis on fancier boxing I’ll call a draw

Great fight, only decent fight of the night

5 rounds is way too wide

There will have to be a rematch there. Be interested to see the judges card that scored it 5 points apart.

What a fight all the same

5 rounds is way too wide

Here we go again...loads close rds...so not too wide at all..

Taylor for me out-worked Regis in most rds.

What a fight all the same

I have to say the Super Series is great.
    It has produced some top quality scraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Great high level fight had it 115-113 Taylor.

I have to say the Super Series is great.
    It has produced some top quality scraps.

It’s quality I love it

walshb wrote: »
    Didn’t score rds, but Taylor won 60 percent that fight..
    60% Taylor but question when I say 5 rounds is too wide. Hypocrite

• Advertisement

60% Taylor but question when I say 5 rounds is too wide. Hypocrite

That was my view. I have no issue with wider or closer...If I scored it rds I could have it 6/6, 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 etc...any permutation could be justified...Overall it looked to me that Taylor was winning..

Slow down....

Any tv channels showing this Stevenson fight?

Those are the official cards.
    Not sure how Taylor could be given the 11th..

Judge 2 scored every round the same as me

EH3xJ-QX4AE-P6h.jpg

I didn’t score the fight but thought there was one or two 10-8 rounds, can’t remember which ones

BDI wrote: »
    I didn’t score the fight but thought there was one or two 10-8 rounds, can’t remember which ones

Don’t think so. Most rds were so well fought and so competitive that a justified argument could be made for either man getting the nod in those rds...which is why I am continually baffled by boxing fans, pundits and others who make these matter of fact claims about cards that cannot be wide in these type fights....

I’d prefer if these matter of fact claims broke down rd by rd their scores and reasoning as to why a professional judge could not have a wide score in one boxer’s favor...

My own personal reason for Taylor winning (and I didn’t rd score it) was that he was the one landing more, outworking more, pushing more, dictating more; albeit in a very competitive back and forth.

walshb wrote: »
    Don’t think so. Most rds were so well fought and so competitive that a justified argument could be made for either man getting the nod in those rds...which is why I am continually baffled by boxing fans, pundits and others who make these matter of fact claims about cards that cannot be wide in these type fights....

I’d prefer if these matter of fact claims broke down rd by rd their scores and reasoning as to why a professional judge could not have a wide score in one boxer’s favor...

My own personal reason for Taylor winning (and I didn’t rd score it) was that he was the one landing more, outworking more, pushing more, dictating more; albeit in a very competitive back and forth.

Fair enough but I clearly remember one round where taylor had the other lad looking very shaky when the bell rang. I thought it as very close to ending. Maybe I don’t remember the first half of the round though, who knows.

In boxing you will only get a 10-8 if you get a knockdown.

On the odd occasion you will get a 10-8 without a knockdown but only if you batter your opponent from pillar to post for 3 minutes.

Fair enough but I clearly remember one round where taylor had the other lad looking very shaky when the bell rang. I thought it as very close to ending. Maybe I don’t remember the first half of the round though, who knows.

Trust me, no rd in that fight justified a 10-8..

One of the most enjoyable fights this year. Brilliant action, next to no spoiling, and a serious commitment in all areas from both men...credit to the sport.

In boxing you will only get a 10-8 if you get a knockdown.

On the odd occasion you will get a 10-8 without a knockdown but only if you batter your opponent from pillar to post for 3 minutes.

Yeah maybe I was drunk but I was thinking at one stage it was very close to the ref stepping in at the end of one round. It’s possible I was mistaken or the easy stoppage in the price fight was skewing my judgement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement