Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends boxing 26/10 Prograis/Taylor

Options
  • 26-10-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭

Conor Benn up first tonight he's been in a war any time I've watched him, still takes plenty of shots, something he's gonna have to do less of if he's gonna make it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What time Chisora vs David Price I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Great day of boxing.

Fancy Prograis to nick it I think. Just think Taylor has been hurt on a few occasions against Postol and Baranchyk. Prograis a far sharper puncher than both of them will be able to get to Taylor I reckon maybe even drop him. Taylor still a little hittable in the pocket and can lose his head and be a bit wreckless. Lot of it may come down to whether Prograis can take his body shots and keep coming forward though.

Really looking forward to the Stevenson-Gonzalez fight later too. Really wouldn't be surprised if Gonzalez upset the odds in that one. Big ask for Stevenson fighting his first 12 rounder against such a good pressure fighter. Should come through it but won't be easy at all imo.

Not a bad showtime card either with Lubin and Easter fighting in competitive fights too.

Approx 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

10pm according to betfair.

Nigel Owens should be the referee for Okolie's fights. When I heard Eddie Hearn saying this was "the best card that has ever been put together" and I saw Okolie listed, I thought there is no way the best boxing card ever has Okolie on it. Not for the entertainment value anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Nigel Owens should be the referee for Okolie's fights. When I heard Eddie Hearn saying this was "the best card that has ever been put together" and I saw Okolie listed, I thought there is no way the best boxing card ever has Okolie on it. Not for the entertainment value anyway.

A cruiserweight Henry Akinwande

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Selby winning the first two rds here!

Best Selby performance in years this. Move up in weight definitely helping him maintain his boxing over the rounds. Was a six round fighter at featherweight most of the time.

Selby’s strategy here reminds me of Floyd moving, boxing and pot shotting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Think Price and Chisora will be very entertaining

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »

While it lasts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Blanco100 wrote: »

If you like incredibly slow lumps throwing the odd dig at each other before gassing in round two then absolutely it’ll be entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

If you like incredibly slow lumps throwing the odd dig at each other before gassing in round two then absolutely it’ll be entertaining.

That’s what I’m here for :)

Has to be better than the last 2 fights

To think this is a pay per view, spent the last 15 mins watching old fights from a dodgey camera angle

Price’s vulnerability is all that will make it possibly interesting. Chisora is horrible to watch. A useless lump...

walshb wrote: »
    Price’s vulnerability is all that will make it possibly interesting. Chisora is horrible to watch. A useless lump...

I love watching price some rounds he looks like a boxer and some rounds he looks like he just stepped out of the boozer.

Kind of like an Everyman type character

This could be lights out rd 1!

Chisora dominating the jabs in rd 1

Can see chisora tiring soon

• Advertisement

Great start from Chisora. You can see Price getting caught with another one of those rightst over the top. Chisora has much better head movement than Dave Allen, wont be able to jab the head off him all night the same way.

Very worrying looking at Price's face in the corner.

Price not engaging enough. One man wants to win...

BDI wrote: »
    Can see chisora tiring soon

Price will gas from the wrestling. Already blowing.

walshb wrote: »
    Price not engaging enough. One man wants to win...

Maybe he has had a light bulb moment and decided to conserve his energy, who knows with this fella

Next round is it.

Super stuff from both there...

I am enjoying Chisora for the first time ever..

Price, for such a lump, has a surprisingly good inside game when he commits.

Price looks f**ked. Getting hit far too often for a guy with his chin.

Another very low blow from Chisora there, should have been deducted a point at this stage.

Price making dereck look like iron mike

wtf happened there.

• Advertisement

Very sensible call there. Price was wrecked tired, and would likely have taken a dangerous follow up...

Advertisement