Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

This season needs a health warning

7-2

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Wow we made hard work of that one.... the Wilson/Lockett partnership is incredible and Metcalf is coming good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

A win is a win but the signs are ominous if they are struggling to beat a poor Buccaneers team at home. You could argue that Arians has so much experience playing Seattle as one reason why it was a close game. They already beat the Rams in LA.

The next five games are all very tough and will
    Make or break the chances of getting into the playoffs. I know it’s unlikely but they could conceivably lose all of them if they don’t improve on defence. Offence looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just like we play down tonour opponents' level, I hope we can play up too. Defence needs to improve and our lack of sacks is almost embarrassing. If we'd lost the toss last night we would have lost in OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

The Seahawks way seems to be just do enough to win now. Secondary just seems so poor, Griffin just doesn't seem good enough right now, he had so much potential but just doesn't seem to be developing enough, he had a very poor game up until that one deflection. Mike Evans is hard to cover for sure, but it was an embarrassing display from the defence. D-Line couldn't go near Winston which is criminal with how bad their O-Line has been all season.

49ers game is going to be tell all, Sherman is no doubt looking forward to it. A win would turn it into a great chance at winning the west, a loss means it's even tighter with the Rams for 2nd and the wildcard spot.

On the other hand, I still hope Gordon can give us a little of what he showed for the browns in 2013, with him and Metcalf lined up on the outside and Lockett in the slot it could end up being an even better offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Cjs21 wrote: »
    The Seahawks way seems to be just do enough to win now. Secondary just seems so poor, Griffin just doesn't seem good enough right now, he had so much potential but just doesn't seem to be developing enough, he had a very poor game up until that one deflection. Mike Evans is hard to cover for sure, but it was an embarrassing display from the defence. D-Line couldn't go near Winston which is criminal with how bad their O-Line has been all season.

49ers game is going to be tell all, Sherman is no doubt looking forward to it. A win would turn it into a great chance at winning the west, a loss means it's even tighter with the Rams for 2nd and the wildcard spot.

On the other hand, I still hope Gordon can give us a little of what he showed for the browns in 2013, with him and Metcalf lined up on the outside and Lockett in the slot it could end up being an even better offence.

I'd have to disagree with you on Griffin. He has been very good all season. One game against a top 5 receiver is nothing to be ashamed about. He is giving up nearly half a foot in height to Evans. The secondary are young and will make mistakes but I do think there is a solid unit there if it is given time.

I do agree that the D Line has been atrocious and this has not helped the secondary. Clowney has been a menace in the back field but just can't turn it into sacks. The rest haven't done nearly enough.

Expecting Gordon to do anything close to 2013 is asking a lot. If he can come in and be better and more consistent than our current number 3 and 4 receivers I'll be happy. Otherwise it has really cost anything.

akenno wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with you on Griffin. He has been very good all season. One game against a top 5 receiver is nothing to be ashamed about. He is giving up nearly half a foot in height to Evans. The secondary are young and will make mistakes but I do think there is a solid unit there if it is given time.

I do agree that the D Line has been atrocious and this has not helped the secondary. Clowney has been a menace in the back field but just can't turn it into sacks. The rest haven't done nearly enough.

Expecting Gordon to do anything close to 2013 is asking a lot. If he can come in and be better and more consistent than our current number 3 and 4 receivers I'll be happy. Otherwise it has really cost anything.

I suppose I'm just disappointed with how quick he is developing overall, it's his 3rd season now, and yes he has improved a lot of aspects of his game even since last year but it just seems like his zone coverage is very poor and throwing me off. Then again, we don't have any better CBs.

With Clowney, it's weird. He isn't the same player that the Texans had, but he's adapting well. He's outstanding against the run when he spots it quick from the edge.

I still reckon Gordon will be productive, we have 3 extremely fast WRs now lined up for Wilson which can only be a good thing.

This season....

I just can’t anymore

Insane insane game

That is the definition of a rollercoaster game. It had everything.

I don't know about ye but I'm really enjoying this season. I'd love a blowout win as much as the rest of ye, but seeing Wilson and co constantly dig games out is great to see.

Look around the league and see the crap that some fans have to watch week in, week out. Seahawks are always in games, a couple of plays here ot there we could be unbeaten or we could be 4-6.

We could be watching an MVP season right in front of our eyes, try to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

A great win and now heading into the bye week to recuperate and prepare for a tough road game to The Eagles.

Only saw the highlights but it looked like a crazy game!

• Advertisement

Great win, hopefully build even further from that.

I take back what I said about Griffin, what a game from him and nice to see Clowney have a monster game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

TheDoctor wrote: »
    This season....

I just can’t anymore

Insane insane game

I don't know how you do that so regularly. I suppose it helps when you usually come out on the winning side.

Congrats on the win, see you in at the end of the year back in Seattle.

Going to our next game @Eagles in two weeks

Hopefully will be a straight forward win...... yeah

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I don't know how you do that so regularly. I suppose it helps when you usually come out on the winning side.

Congrats on the win, see you in at the end of the year back in Seattle.

Already looking forward to week 17.... winner takes the division would be good

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Already looking forward to week 17.... winner takes the division would be good

There will be a couple of twists and turns before then I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I’m gonna be at the week 15 game so particularly looking forward to how the season is working out

Courtesy of reddit

495341.png

With the game being flexed out of Primetime this week it's live on Sky at 6pm, Cliff Avril was one of their pundits last week and looks like he will be this week too.

Typical one of the games they show on TV at the regular time I’m not here for.

Though I will get to see Packers @ 49ers at a reasonable hour Sunday evening

Improving my games attended record to 4-1

Not a great game but 9-2 can’t complain!

Defence was very good again today

• Advertisement

I am literally bristling with excitement for the game on the 9th

I'm going to the Vikings game next Monday. Also very excited!

I'm flying out on Thursday. I'm going to the huskies cougars game on Friday and then the build up to the vikings game on the Monday.

Greetings from Centurylink 12s! Go Hawks!

You’re getting one of the less stressful games.

Absolutely blowing them away up front second half - Penny/Carson able to hit huge holes

Defence also two turnovers

Might even get to rest some players now with the 6 day turnaround to the Rams

Scrap that

No no, that ended up quite stressful in the end! It ended up a typical Seahawks game with that late sinking feeling.

But what a brilliant night. They really know how to give the fans an experience. I'm hoarse, deaf and exhausted.

Sets us up nicely to run the table and get the No.1, I guess we’re hoping the 9ers get a win against Saints now as long as we can beat them in Week 17. Home field advantage would be huge throughout the playoffs.

I’m up next. Roll on Sunday!!

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    I’m up next. Roll on Sunday!!

You have to keep up the thread 100% record!

Advertisement