Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds/Severe Gusts January 14/15th 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

clouds still moving quick in donegal town but wind backed right off ( just as I say that it picks up w it a squall)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Turned very stormy in dingle again now.

Thatll be the auld schting jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

All incoming flights in last 30 minutes diverted to Shannon, Shannon too busy now so flights going to Manchester. Wouldn't like to be trying to get to Dublin & ending up in Manchester!

Especially if you're flying from East Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Just arrived in Shannon after drive from Dublin. Portloe to Limerick was awful. Shannon is now yuck.

Portlaois I mean - phone e argh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Turned very stormy in dingle again now.

Indeed its worse here then yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Tralee Bay,

GRIM ! As bad as yesterday...............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Calina wrote: »
    Just arrived in Shannon after drive from Dublin. Portloe to Limerick was awful. Shannon is now yuck.

Portlaois I mean - phone e argh

You have to drive to shannon to get your flight?
    I find the M7 very handy. It might be barren in some areas, but if you dont like that you can go onto the old n7 and miss your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I was expecting a fall in temperatures behind the occlusion but temperatures have actually risen, Malin, Newport, Finner, Mace Hd, Belmullet are all on 7c making them the mildest parts of the country. :confused:

That could be due to a number of reasons Elmer. One is that the cloud and rain beneath the Occluded front is helping to depress temperatures; another reason may be that this particular occluded front is a 'warm' type, meaning that less cold air follows behind it than was ahead of it. though this may be debatable in this case, as they less common in this part of the world than cold occlusions.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This is bad.. am I looking at another night downstairs on the dreaded air mattress? Please no! But it really is fierce here now and throwing horizontal liquid in great streams.. Just put the cat out to prevent him improvising and when I called him in you never saw a cat move as fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Graces7 wrote: »
    This is bad.. am I looking at another night downstairs on the dreaded air mattress? Please no! But it really is fierce here now and throwing horizontal liquid in great streams.. Just put the cat out to prevent him improvising and when I called him in you never saw a cat move as fast....
    that's the old sleet falling here in coolock now fecking freezing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Carnacalla wrote: »
    You have to drive to shannon to get your flight?
    I find the M7 very handy. It might be barren in some areas, but if you dont like that you can go onto the old n7 and miss your flight.

Business meeting. Another one in Dub early tomorrow so I get to do the M7 back up this evening.

Was the horrors on the way down. Not looking forward to the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Calina wrote: »
    Business meeting. Another one in Dub early tomorrow so I get to do the M7 back up this evening.

Was the horrors on the way down. Not looking forward to the return.

Oh ok. Have a stop at Barrack Obama plaza to re-fuel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

The wind and rain has become a lot worse since 1pm and is now very very blustery - as bad as anything we had yesterday evening. Hope it begins to clear soon. And it's cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just checked ME and it is supposed to ease later and not a direct southerly anyways BUT THEY HAVE A SNOW SIGN right over my house now ...South Kerry mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Strong winds back in Tinahely now and its sleeting gusts are strong

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Currently sitting in amsterdam airport. You guys are really not making me feel comfortable about flying into dublin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In swords near Dublin airport the wind is ferocious

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

14murphy wrote: »
    Currently sitting in amsterdam airport. You guys are really not making me feel comfortable about flying into dublin.
    you'll be smashed out your nut anyway so you wont need a plane ;)

http://www.flightradar24.com This is flights in out Dublin so far!

hollster2 wrote: »
    http://www.flightradar24.com This is flights in out Dublin so far!

Yeh I've been sitting here using their app on my phone. My plane has just arrived from dublin looks unscaved.

• Advertisement

Yeh I've been sitting here using their app on my phone. My plane has just arrived from dublin looks unscaved.

Hope you have a safe flight and landing then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not much wind here now, but rain is turning a bit sleety

hollster2 wrote: »
    Hope you have a safe flight and landing then :)

Thanks !!
    If anyone wants to track my flight I am on EI609. See abouts where I end up. Have been tracking the last flight from Amsterdam and they seem to be on course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Thanks !!
    If anyone wants to track my flight I am on EI609. See abouts where I end up. Have been tracking the last flight from Amsterdam and they seem to be on course.
    Enjoy Shannon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

DUBLIN AIRPORT SW 31 Gust 47 RECENT SNOW :D

not-sure-if-i-should-post-about-the-snow-or-complain-about-everyone-posting-about-the-snow.jpg

The Mig wrote: »
    Enjoy Shannon :pac:

Looks just as bad there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Graces7 wrote: »

You should be fine tonight ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Walked out along the North Bull Wall early lunchtime. Wind was very gusty, averaging around 35 knots. Couple of gusts in the high 50's and one up to 64 knots (120km/h). Very difficult to stand let alone walk in those kind of winds!

335179.JPG

Bull Wall

335180.JPG

Lighthouse

335181.JPG

V_Moth wrote: »
    Walked out along the North Bull Wall early lunchtime. Wind was very gusty, averaging around 35 knots. Couple of gusts in the high 50's and one up to 64 knots (120km/h). Very difficult to stand let alone walk in those kind of winds!

335179.JPG

Bull Wall

335180.JPG

Lighthouse

335181.JPG

The picture of the lighthouse is amazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It's just a typical bad January day around Limerick but nothing too severe and no costly damage, thanks be to God.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement