Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remaining very cold - Bitterly cold Easterly winds later - Snow at times

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Beautifull spring like day today.

Yes, there is a nice quality to the sky today due to low upper humidity. Can see those little fluffy clouds for miles all around. Temp is touching on 9.0c now and feels very pleasant indeed outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it could but, whatever about their long range forecasts, their monthly outlook has been fairly accurate over the past three months. so i think if significant snow was on the cards they'd mention it. based on what they say that high will more than likely be another re run of the high we got in feburary. although temperatures will rise a bit more by day this time due to the strengthening sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snow risk on Wednesday for Midwest and South West
    uksnowdepth.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great day today, sunny and mild, seems like winter is almost over. Today was better than many of the days we had last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Taking into account all the different models and sets to friday,some are still showing this.

We shall see.

gens-2-1-102.png?12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

How about not one but TWO polar lows side by side off the coast of Norway today!!

MANU_20100301_1200.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

10.7c here today as a high! Didnt feel right sitting in the sun having a cuppa earlier and then looking across to the snow capped conemmara mountains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Met Eireann today confirmed that the coldest temperature that they recorded in Ireland this winter was at Mt.Juliet estate near Thomastown, Co Kilkenny.

See here for details -16.3C. Anyone know what Villains lowest temp was???

Just interests me because Mt.Juliet is around 1 mile from my house . . .

That would be an official recording station like mothmans near Ashford.

Meanwhile - mods-it would,I think be a good idea to close this thread at this stage as it's become very misleading.It's going to be at least the following week before an Easterly if at all occurs and at that the likelyhood of it being biting is next to nill.
    Snow is likely to be confined to above 2000ft where nobody to my knowledge in Ireland lives :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement