Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mairead Ronan show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Doblin wrote: »
    I'd completely forgotten that this was going to happen, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Says a lot about how the station has changed in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I can tell you now, it's going to be shīte.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've had the misfortune to hear some bits of the Jennifer Zaparelli show, it's pretty grim.

I can see this being very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I’m going to try & win one of the hoodies she’s giving away

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I wish her the best of luck. Because of her long history with Today FM, I'm sure she'd like it to be a hit.

• Advertisement

I wish her the best of luck. Because of her long history with Today FM, I'm sure she'd like it to be a hit.
    Because of Steve Staunton's part-time assistant manager's career with Third Division team Walsall F.C, he'd have liked if being the Ireland. Manager was less of a crushing embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

How was it?

Just watched the teaser.

Christ.

I’m afraid that rather than encouraging me to listen, it’s inoculated me with just enough exposure to make me immune to the show.

Why did they ever let Muireann go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

Why did they ever let Muireann go?

Because her ratings were below 100k .

Blimey, is it as ruthless as that?

I think I probably know the answer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

So did anyone listen in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Louise Duffy was given three cracks at it and everytime they went below that - Muireann only was given one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So did anyone listen in?

Heard about 5 minutes,she has some new quiz where I think she was supposed to give the listener the first letter to the answer,needless to say she totally forgot this til the quiz was over,turned it off then

Heard about 5 minutes,she has some new quiz where I think she was supposed to give the listener the first letter to the answer,needless to say she totally forgot this til the quiz was over,turned it off then
    Was expecting this thread to be full of facepalm moments -- it seems that most people didn't even bother tuning in, or tuned out soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I've never seen anyone get such a popularity surge as Muireann did when fired :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

pjohnson wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone get such a popularity surge as Muireann did when fired :pac:

Will Leahy... the out pouring of grief when he was axed from 2FM drive time was up there with the Garth Brooks fiasco. And similarly, he seemingly had pitiful figures, if the JNLR is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

I've listened in the car to the full show and its a big steaming pile of ****e to be honest. The quiz where she actually forgot to give out the letter that was the first letter of each answer was ok in fairness with nerves but she just doesn't have a personality to draw the listener in
    Id say what's worse for Today FM is that this thread is not even on the first page of the radio thread which means that people just don't care anymore.
    I wonder what happened to producer Pam when MOC got sacked as her husband is the top sound guy in there and I didn't think they let her go but didn't hear her mentioned at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Or you could argue that they're doing well. Do many people from Today FM's target demographic post in the radio forum here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Or you could argue that they're doing well. Do many people from Today FM's target demographic post in the radio forum here?

what's there demographic on a mid day show thou ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

JoeA3 wrote:
    Will Leahy... the out pouring of grief when he was axed from 2FM drive time was up there with the Garth Brooks fiasco. And similarly, he seemingly had pitiful figures, if the JNLR is to be believed.

Now he was brilliant in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

It's terrible radio tbh a cringy stalker woman on today that's trying to fi d her first love for 16 years

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Was forced to listen to some of this recently in a canteen. Woeful. Also, I don't like when a lunchtime radio presenter uses the word sh1t so carelessly. Houses are full of kids at the moment and its in bad taste. I, like most Irish people, can curse with the best of them but there is a time and a place. It's embarrassing and shows a lack of eloquence and presenting skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Since the start of the pandemic I had stopped listening to her as it was total foom gloom and rubbish about the pandemic.
    Weeks later I was objected to her show on Thursday the poor girl two months later shes still rattling on the same rubbish.judt shows she hasnt the ability or her production team to be able to create content other than covid.ir heres a scary thought if she shut up and just kept playing music dong after song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree totally with you but on that subject Fergal Darcy is the worst offender. He has an obsession with using that word-so much so that’s its quiet weird.
    Was forced to listen to some of this recently in a canteen. Woeful. Also, I don't like when a lunchtime radio presenter uses the word sh1t so carelessly. Houses are full of kids at the moment and its in bad taste. I, like most Irish people, can curse with the best of them but there is a time and a place. It's embarrassing and shows a lack of eloquence and presenting skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

johnire wrote: »
    I agree totally with you but on that subject Fergal Darcy is the worst offender. He has an obsession with using that word-so much so that’s its quiet weird.

Sometimes it's the mistaken belief that it makes for a sense of edginess and cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Love muireann having a dig on the 6 o clock show at mairead suddenly mairead hit back he nicked my job. Also how she keeping the slot under 100k in last figures

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

I have no idea how she got her own show. She is terrible its devoid of any originality, it sounds totally tone deaf or just doesnt have a natural flow. To have her on right after dermot & dave is like chalk and cheese.

Ive had to give up and switch off every day-the same content and theres not one day she doesnt mention kids or what her own got up to. Its like an advertisment for Irish Mammies or something. Brutal.

Are there any listener figures for Mairead?

Have to be honest, I haven't listened to her. Gave her a shot randomly here and there when out in the car but I don't like her show at all. I realise it's not popular on here, but I wonder how it's faring out in the grand scheme of things.

Also, what were Anton Savage's figures like, out of curiousity? Getting rid of him/him leaving seems to have been a death knell of sorts for TodayFM.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have no idea how she got her own show. She is terrible its devoid of any originality, it sounds totally tone deaf or just doesnt have a natural flow. To have her on right after dermot & dave is like chalk and cheese.

Ive had to give up and switch off every day-the same content and theres not one day she doesnt mention kids or what her own got up to. Its like an advertisment for Irish Mammies or something. Brutal.

I suppose cos she is now seen as one of Irelands top 'celebs'?

What dig did MOC have on the 6 o'clock show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I said it from day one.

Absolute tripe..... The Jennifer Zamperelli of todayfm.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement