Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

With the map editor in this can you create a map fill it with AI Bots and play it on your own like a or does it have to be played with a friend in co-op or multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

GTR63 wrote: »
    With the map editor in this can you create a map fill it with AI Bots and play it on your own like a or does it have to be played with a friend in co-op or multiplayer.

I've only used it on PS3 but yeah you can create a map and add AI, vehicles and animals to play with by yourself. You can also add any weapon you want. Makes for some fun scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im currently holding a King of the Ring style animal wrestling championship.

Started with 1v1 knockout till i got a winner.

Then did one of them things where they all go into the ring and only one gets left.

This is discovery channel **** right here.

Will upload the results tonight.

Bear wins but only cos tigers and panthers wont fight him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Rented this on Tuesday And spent the while day today playing, finally starting to get into to it and really enjoy it, just took a break to make dinner and about to start again.

Also had a lol moment, "his name is buck and he likes to fu... Great reference. Also the buck missions are a little uncharted-esque which is no bad thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Also the buck missions are a little uncharted-esque which is no bad thing!

I was gonna say that. One mission in particular had me thinking it was almost a direct copy of a missing from Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Completed the story ,
    Great game - but I could pick holes in that story and plot all day long.
    Some of it is awful, although most of the characters are very well written, some are crap.

I wasn't happy with
    either ending - 1.Kill your friends and Die ? ...or some crap monologue about himself // Disappointed with Dennis

How did he kill Vaas after being stabbed through the chest , it just had me wandering in his mind and then the knifefight,

Same with the end fella, how did I kill the 2 guards before killing him with a knife

Why didn't I kill him earlier when it was 1v1 at his desk and had the chance (The character is under the impression your brother is dead at this stage)

I'll give it credit as being one of the best voice acted games I've ever played though. Vaas , Jason, Buck and the Dr. were amazing

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Completed the story ,
    Great game - but I could pick holes in that story and plot all day long.
    Some of it is awful, although most of the characters are very well written, some are crap.

I wasn't happy with
    either ending - 1.Kill your friends and Die ? ...or some crap monologue about himself // Disappointed with Dennis

How did he kill Vaas after being stabbed through the chest , it just had me wandering in his mind and then the knifefight,

Same with the end fella, how did I kill the 2 guards before killing him with a knife

Why didn't I kill him earlier when it was 1v1 at his desk and had the chance (The character is under the impression your brother is dead at this stage)

I'll give it credit as being one of the best voice acted games I've ever played though. Vaas , Jason, Buck and the Dr. were amazing

9 bodies in the room at the end for me, i didnt do it
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the co-op.. never played co-op online before..adds loads to the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

VinLieger wrote: »
    NO!!! you never invert on PC, seriously never heard of anyone inverting on a mouse, except in maybe flight/space sim
    Always invert the Y-Axis. On my Mouse and controller. So odd to try and attempt to play.

I love heading up to an outpost and having the wildlife take it over for me. Nothing more satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Finished the story tonight (wont be playing the tacked on MP or co-op). All in all it was pretty good, it could have done with more variety. I got pretty fed up with the routine of radio tower, outpost, hunter mission then wanted mission over and over. The side missions from NPC's were quite good but far too infrequent and relied too much on "go here, kill these three guys then return".

My GOTY was borderlands 2 previous to this and for a while there I was thinking far cry topped it but after the dust settled I'd give it to borderlands 2 just for the greater variety in weapons, locations and characters.

Far cry is a diamond of a game though, well acted, solid gameplay and excellent graphical / sound design. It holds itself back though with a lack of variety in terms of missions, locations and over use of quick time events.

*A special mention for the world the team created in terms of the wildlife interacting with each other and NPCs, it really game a personality to the jungle and a tense unpredictability to place. After the first croc attack unexpectedly on my first nights play I was super cautious every time I crossed a river every night from there on in!

hightower1 wrote: »
    Finished the story tonight (wont be playing the tacked on MP or co-op). All in all it was pretty good, it could have done with more variety. I got pretty fed up with the routine of radio tower, outpost, hunter mission then wanted mission over and over. The side missions from NPC's were quite good but far too infrequent and relied too much on "go here, kill these three guys then return".

My GOTY was borderlands 2 previous to this and for a while there I was thinking far cry topped it but after the dust settled I'd give it to borderlands 2 just for the greater variety in weapons, locations and characters.

Far cry is a diamond of a game though, well acted, solid gameplay and excellent graphical / sound design. It holds itself back though with a lack of variety in terms of missions, locations and over use of quick time events.

*A special mention for the world the team created in terms of the wildlife interacting with each other and NPCs, it really game a personality to the jungle and a tense unpredictability to place. After the first croc attack unexpectedly on my first nights play I was super cautious every time I crossed a river every night from there on in!

Post game dissapointment tbh :D I was like that last night, realised today it was mostly due to it being over :( and i cba doing what i didnt do. Not the games fault tho (supply drop and way of the warrior missions) :pac:

Brilliant game, been a while since i said that about an "AAA" type game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That gives me a brilliant idea. A domino map of exploding :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headshot wrote: »
    That gives me a brilliant idea. A domino map of exploding :)

I JUST made a similar video there :),can't upload till tomorrow though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I JUST made a similar video there :),can't upload till tomorrow though :(

nicking my ideas. That idea is patented. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ubisoft have been listening and confirm they are working on a 'No HUD' patch. Will be interesting to see if you can customize what you want to appear and not just a total lack of HUD.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382681/far-cry-3-no-hud-patch-incoming-ubisoft/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

45 people in a general straight line in the editor, Take down after take down and i got them all but the last fecker twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

funny moment I had nothing to do with.

I was climbing a tower on the southern island when I saw a car crash and catch fire. The passengers and driver jumped out and started yelling fire and another patrol car came around the bend and pulled up beside them...Sadly they stopped at the exact moment the fuel tank exploded sending the second car across the field and into the tower's base setting the whole ground underneath me on fire. So I jumped on the zipline to zip to safety over the fire.

I did nothing and all this happened, gave me a good laugh at how dynamic the game can be at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah the ai in the game is almost stalker-esque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just finished the main story there
    the end decision is completely spoiled by finding your brother alive, it pretty much removes any leverage citra had. If it had been between the b*tch of a girlfriend or citra alone I'd side with citra, but between the brother and the other friends being somewhat likeable I sided with them. Overall I really enjoyed the game, I think it has a lot of similarities with Assassins creed 2, broken but very very enjoyable, much like ac2 the economy breaks before you are even halfway through the game so a lot of the extras you can do become pointless as you've unlocked pretty much everything, but because those activities are so much fun you still do them regardless. I do think it could have been paced better though. I really didnt like they crammed all of Buck into one quest line and Hoyt entirely at the end, they could easily have sprinkled buck out among the early missions and the story really felt it ended with Vaas's death and not hoyts. Probably would have been better to have needed to kill hoyt before Vaas and ended with the death of Vaas. Saying that though both the deathscenes of both voyt and Vaas were great fun.

Headshot wrote: »
    nicking my ideas. That idea is patented. lol

Damn the file is too big anyway 2.2gigs and was gonna take 360minutes to upload and I only has a 500mb capped upload :(

Damn the file is too big anyway 2.2gigs and was gonna take 360minutes to upload and I only has a 500mb capped upload :(

Use Virtual dub to re encode it into xvid

Os sony vegas if your rich.

Im poor so use vdub cos its free ;p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Use Virtual dub to re encode it into xvid

Os sony vegas if your rich.

Im poor so use vdub cos its free ;p

Will they compress the files to under 500mb?I uploaded a file yesterday and it was 536mb and my connection went from 18mb to 2 :eek:

Will they compress the files to under 500mb?I uploaded a file yesterday and it was 536mb and my connection went from 18mb to 2 :eek:

Should get it under 500 but will lose some quality.

Can get fraps to record at 30fps and half size to make it smaller to start with.

7 people is my record for one bullet kills. Z93 in the editor and line up the lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just finished the main story there, really enjoyed the game over all, there was some serious fun to be had, I only rented it but will def buy when it drops in price and play through again. One of the better games of the year by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

You all need your hourly fix :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Soby wrote: »

You all need your hourly fix :D:D

Oh the fun I had bunning them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Soby wrote: »

Its rare for me to finish a mission and immediately replay it 5 times over.
    Damn that was so much fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Will have to try it out on warrior level. Usually never bother with anything but normal on games but Im finding this a bit too easy on Survivor. You can do the stealth if you like but theres not much penalty for going in all guns blazing either. Most wild animals are cannon fodder too. Be great if the base takeovers required some thought and if there was a high risk of being eaten while out in the sticks!

Advertisement