Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Munster squad returned from Dublin last night and will recover today before beginning preparations on Tuesday for our Guinness PRO14 semi-final against Leinster at the Aviva Stadium on Friday (7.35pm).

There were no new knocks following Sunday’s victory over Connacht.

Roman Salanoa returns to full training following an abdominal injury.

RG Snyman will undergo surgery this week having sustained an ACL tear against Leinster last week.

Continuing to rehab: Joey Carbery (ankle), Dan Goggin (ankle), Dave Kilcoyne (ankle) and Jean Kleyn (neck).

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/08/31/squad-update-guinness-pro14-semi-final-week/

Good to get Salanoa back. He'll likely feature in the A interpros to build match fitness for 2020/21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

A few decisions to be made for the weekend

Props: Do you stick with Loughman or bring Cronin in who has had 30 mins or rugby since March? Loughman might offer more off the bench if the game begins to open up

Who partners Beirne in the 2nd row? Thought Holland and Whycherley both did well in their games. Maybe Whycherley brings a bit more ball carrying ability which we will need in the absence of Snyman

the No.7 Jersey... Cloete would be the ideal person for the jersey if he cant sort his discipline, that late shot vs Connacht was just typical of the silly needless penalties he tends to give away. However his presence around ruck time could give the opposition a hard time.

O'Donoghue is a great Maul and lineout defender and a great carrier in the wide channels

I would probably roll the dice and play Cloete.

The backs probably stay the same.

Playing 3 games in 3 weeks with a 5 day turnaround to the 3rd game after 6 months off is not ideal

Will Leinster benefit more from having last week off than Munster will from the extra "Match sharpness"

Wouldn't surprise me if Leinster start Rob. Kearney to try and nullify Murrays box kicks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I wonder with 7 is there a chance we could see POM there with Beirne at 6, and Holland and Wycherly both starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

aloooof wrote: »
    I wonder with 7 is there a chance we could see POM there with Beirne at 6, and Holland and Wycherly both starting?

Against Leinster? No chance. Would leave us without an impact second row on the bench. Jack to start at 7 as he would have first time had he not picked up a knock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Semi Final team.

Munster: Shane Daly; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Tadhg Beirne, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Chris Cloete, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Mike Haley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Semi Final team.

Munster: Shane Daly; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Tadhg Beirne, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Chris Cloete, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Mike Haley.

Forgot today was Thursday and when I read first your post I thought it was your thoughts on who the team might be. Great ot see Jacko start

Meanwhile Ciaran Parker has gone to Leinster from Jersey when he moved to earlier this year.

For those of you that don't have access to eir sport they are also broadcasting the match on the eir Sport Facebook page

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

phog wrote: »
    For those of you that don't have access to eir sport they are also broadcasting the match on the eir Sport Facebook page

For free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

I've a good feeling about tomorrow night. Few pints in the pub and enjoy the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

A lot of the training range absolutely ruined by the sheer size of the "MUNSTER" emblazoned below the logo, you'd hardly notice the logo in comparison

awec wrote: »
    For free?

I would assume so

The_Dave wrote: »
    A lot of the training range absolutely ruined by the sheer size of the "MUNSTER" emblazoned below the logo, you'd hardly notice the logo in comparison

I actually like it but of the 16 items that I saw only 4 had Munster below the the logo - hardly a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

phog wrote: »
    I actually like it but of the 16 items that I saw only 4 had Munster below the the logo - hardly a lot
    One would be too many, looks really cheap to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Like the look of the new polos

Where do you access the MRSC discount code ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PTH2009 wrote: »

The polos look like last years with the three stripes across the lower back, but in different colours.

The MRSC code would have been emailed to you last year towards the start of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

To add to Cookiemunster's post, MRSC also tweeted awhile back to contact them if you cannot find your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Did Leinster not have a purple training jersey a couple years back?

Don’t like the vertical Munster on some of the gear.

found the mrsc code

€4.50 off and free delivery how bad

Went with the supposedly purple polo

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/adult-munster-20-21-polo-t-shirt-57875443.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

That's an awful colour

That's an awful colour

Look better in person id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The_Dave wrote: »

Agreed, that sweatshirt would have been going straight in my basket if that wasn't on it.

The price rise in merchandise in recent years is ridiculous. 45 euro for a polo shirt? Get outta here.

Good grief look at this monstrosity.

57874243xlarge.jpg?sw=530

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It looks like Ron Weasleys quidditch jersey

Suppose its something to wear for fancy occasions and show your support for Munster at the same time

Suppose its something to wear for fancy occasions and show your support for Munster at the same time

What fancy occasions are you attending in a tracksuit top? Must be a Limerick thing?

What fancy occasions are you attending in a tracksuit top? Must be a Limerick thing?
    Its a jumper type thing

• Advertisement

Its a jumper type thing

That wording is very tacky. Munster used to do jumpers with the logo (same colour as the jumper) sown in and it was a lot nicer than this.

Advertisement