Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using the new ID mobile network?

Options
  • 27-08-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Just wondering is anybody using the new ID mobile network around the city/suburbs? Just wondering how it's performing locally. I've read some bad reviews about it elsewhere but not seeing anything directly for limerick. It's piggybacking on the 3 network so I'd imagine it's not to bad. What's people's experience, if any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basically the same systems as the tesco mobile network also.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Using it for the last few weeks without any issues.. 4G is working at a decent speed. Like Tesco Mobile, ID is sitting on the 3 Network which is under going some work since they took over O2 as they to combine both networks so until this is complete there probably will be some reception issues.
    I moved from Tesco Mobile to ID and am seeing much better reception and performance on ID but that could be a coincidence.
    So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well tesco is still only 3G so you're definitely getting better with 4G. Oh is with tesco and I'm with both eMobile and meteor.

EMobile is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Berty wrote: »
    Well tesco is still only 3G so you're definitely getting better with 4G. Oh is with tesco and I'm with both eMobile and meteor.

EMobile is atrocious.

Tesco is 4g at no extra cost for over a yr?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Tesco Mobile isn't 4G, it's just H+ (between 3 and 4 G)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ID mobile looks great, currently with 3 so wouldnt see much change. their bill pay sim only is half the price of what I pay at the moment with three!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks for the feed back. I'll probably switch next week. I'll moved to the sim only package. Looks to be the cheapest for me with the most 4G data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Cork guitarist

I signed up to ID a few days ago (Cork suburbs). I was with Meteor and always had 4 or 5 bars coverage. The most I have now with ID is 2 bars, it disappeared altogether earlier today, now is back with 1 bar. that's ok for a call, but if the network is busy, I reckon my coverage will disappear again.

Coverage still up and down, mostly 1 or 2 bars. I phoned iD customer care three times on 1747, engaged each time. Then I tried Tech Support, also engaged.

Coverage still up and down, mostly 1 or 2 bars. I phoned iD customer care three times on 1747, engaged each time. Then I tried Tech Support, also engaged.

And that's in Cork the whole time? Doesn't seem to be much negative comments about it in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The bars on your phone doesn't really mean anything about what your coverage is like, checked here, I think they discussed it on an episode of QI before as well so it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Perardua

I signed up to iD on 17th August and was told it would take 48 hours to port my old number. Since then - nothing. I ring them every 2 days and am invariably told that it is sorted and it will take 48 hours .... The customer service people are very pleasant individuals and always polite and trying to be helpful but I can't get any further. it has also cost me a fortune ringing them; you have to go through a rigmarole and then hang on for ages waiting for the call to be answered.

There are no contact details on the iD website and apparently they don't accept calls or emails.

I am now considering giving up on iD. Does anyone have a contact for them? Or advice on what to do next? I think they must be in breach of contract as they certainly haven't fulfilled their promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GERRY 999

I had the misfortune to buy a prepay sim card from ID Mobile on the 7th September ,3G speed less than half a megabyte, live 100 m from 3 and 02 sites call centre unable to help despite several calls, no refund of my €20 from store, Tesco sim card in same phone gives 14 Megabytes ????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jnicolau

Changed from 3 to iD just now and that the Internet got much slower. It looks like just half speed. If this doesn't improve I'll consider reverting back to 3.

This is very annoying. just called iD reporting a a problem that prevents people from sending SMS to short numbers. Some apps and automated services use this short numbers, such as Wattsup or Car Parking Registration services. In that case the SMS doesn't even leave your phone and it keeps asking you if you want to retry. The issue has been there for some weeks. I reckon that because so many people need to use Wattsup they must have known about it for quite a while and still don't know how long is going to take for fixing it...

This is very annoying. just called iD reporting a problem that prevents users from sending SMS to short numbers. Some apps and automated services use these short numbers, such as Wattsup or Car Parking Registration services. In that case the SMS doesn't even leave your phone and it keeps asking you if you want to retry. The issue has been there for some weeks. I reckon that because so many people need to use Wattsup they must have known about it for quite a while and still don't know how long is going to take for fixing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wally9

This is truly a terrible network and should not have been released to the public,no contact details,no app to top up online,no facility to check balance of usage. Very poor coverage in a lot of areas,little or no support in carphone warehouse ie,staff ill prepared for release of network or not in a position to assist customers with queries.

Yesterday I gave up on my iD mobile. When I was going to topup I found out that there was no online payment... This would be like going backwards many years. When I asked them the answer was "It will be available down the line". Does that mean 1 month? 1 year? never? It means that they want no commitments with their clients.

Good job I didn't switch. Seems like this network is not good

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Went down for me yesterday evening, inward and outward everything, wasn't impressed. Can't seem to send MMS either, they say they don't have agreements with the other networks in place yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 minty8200

ID MOBILE is a car crash

Some of the problems I'm having

1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that.
    2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed.
    3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.

Oh coverage is crap too. I live in Dublin but it still crap. Amount of calls dropping is unbelievable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 forgot_it_all

its rubbish , my other half works in that sector and persuaded me to join , both of us are less than thirty days in so plan to move back to the provider we were with

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Bobking

Clareman wrote: »
    The bars on your phone doesn't really mean anything about what your coverage is like, checked here, I think they discussed it on an episode of QI before as well so it must be true.

The bars tell you comparatively what coverage is like.
    If that person was using the same phone in the same spot then their comparison is valid. The service could have changed so they could put back in the first sim to continue the comparison.

There is just no standard measurement between phones is all.
    So one bar on your phone could be the same signal strength as two bars on my phone.
    But four bars is always better signal than two using the same phone.

Also, the range of required signal for good connection isnt large so handsets are somewhat comparable too.

Qi were strugging for nobody knows answers because clearly the manufacturer knows what their algorithm is and knows the strength of signal each bar represents.

Interesting to know theres no standard though. Thanks.

Sometimes I get "not registered on network" and can't make a call, even tho I have signal bars. I reckon that if you don't get the service you paid for, you can leave, regardless of how long you're with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I've just ported away from this crowd, crap is an understatement. Moved to Tesco on bill pay Sim only, hopefully that works out.

Just to say, it's not true that ID and Tesco are on the same network.

Tesco are on the old O2 network while ID are on the 3 network (this is why Tesco have no 4G). So while they're both on networks owned by the same company, they're not the same physical network and will perform differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i took up the 14.50 a month contract for six months with ID.im on it two months at this stage and while everything else is fine its coverage is a joke and not in the way you might think.
    if i go out of coverage it goes to roaming(which your not charged for)but if you have been on 4g, it stops and when you go back into coverage you have to go into your settings, network operators, search for network,wait for it to find it,all just to get back on 4g again.......EVERYTIME! because it stays on roaming if you dont.
    this has been a right pain in the ass,i called them about it and they said its something there looking at fixing in the future,its apparently because they piggy back on the three network.
    well im finishing this contract and im leaving them.id rather have no 4g than put up with this rubbish.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i took up the 14.50 a month contract for six months with ID.im on it two months at this stage and while everything else is fine its coverage is a joke and not in the way you might think.
    if i go out of coverage it goes to roaming(which your not charged for)but if you have been on 4g, it stops and when you go back into coverage you have to go into your settings, network operators, search for network,wait for it to find it,all just to get back on 4g again.......EVERYTIME! because it stays on roaming if you dont.
    this has been a right pain in the ass,i called them about it and they said its something there looking at fixing in the future,its apparently because they piggy back on the three network.
    well im finishing this contract and im leaving them.id rather have no 4g than put up with this rubbish.
    This has been a problem with Three since day one. So I'm not surprised that their MVNOs are affected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

I have ID for 6months. Been on a few networks and its similar to the rest. Its very good value and flexible with minutes etc. Find the coverage fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kingdanny486

Perardua wrote: »
    I signed up to iD on 17th August and was told it would take 48 hours to port my old number. Since then - nothing. I ring them every 2 days and am invariably told that it is sorted and it will take 48 hours .... The customer service people are very pleasant individuals and always polite and trying to be helpful but I can't get any further. it has also cost me a fortune ringing them; you have to go through a rigmarole and then hang on for ages waiting for the call to be answered.

There are no contact details on the iD website and apparently they don't accept calls or emails.

I am now considering giving up on iD. Does anyone have a contact for them? Or advice on what to do next? I think they must be in breach of contract as they certainly haven't fulfilled their promises.

i had same problem canceled debit GONE

Advertisement