Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Anyone else notice Company Of Heroes 2 is €79.99 on steam? Is this going to be the price of new games now?

That includes a Season Pass though. It's not worth it (and I say that as someone who pre-ordered the standard edition), as the main benefit from it right now is an extra commander and 24 skins... The Commander content comes post-launch, but who knows what that is...

Ah $hit, I just noticed the standard edition is 79.99. Must be a mistake as the collector's edition is supposed to be 79.99. The standard is 49.99 as I paid that myself. The game just launched so I guess that price is a mistake.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I'd imagine that's a mistake on Steams part, they probably got the price mixed up with the collectors edition. The game should be €49.99 which is the standard digital price for it. It can be got from key sites and retail considerably cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yeah, I'm using a Chrome script that shows the prices in other Steam regions, and it's only in Europe where it's abnormally high. Odd that it still hasn't been corrected though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This is always what happens come summer sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Skerries wrote: »
    tumblr_m5q3pyA06Z1r4pfkxo3_1280.jpg

There's a reason for that^

Ahem! :pac:

There's a reason for that^

Ahem! :pac:

yeah well....screw you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm hoping it's this week, but I've a feeling it might be in July

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's this week, but I've a feeling it might be in July

Considering the statement from Valve about an event 'everyone can be excited about' happening, I will take no less than a HL3 announcement to compensate for the sale not starting... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Falthyron wrote: »
    Considering the statement from Valve about an event 'everyone can be excited about' happening, I will take no less than a HL3 announcement to compensate for the sale not starting... :P

Better go bump the HL3 thread again with that suggestion just to annoy people. :D

So is it 6pm Thursday in place of the weekend deal or 6pm Friday that it would start?

Usually 6pm Thursday, and then runs to the Monday week. Should find out today, as usually the midweek sales are shorter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It'll happen tomorrow. A bunch of indie games will get an update to support Steam Trading Cards and of course they will go on sale. Done deal imo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

First proper summer sale with a decent computer. Have a large library already and I get paid on Thursday. Mix that in with Uni repeats and I'm gonna haaave a baaaad time.

Midweek sale is on as normal and no shortened time. No sale this week it seems :(

I'd say it'll be the 11th of July now

titan18 wrote: »
    Midweek sale is on as normal and no shortened time. No sale this week it seems :(

I'd say it'll be the 11th of July now

They won't give any indication of an impending sale so people continue to buy as normal. We will have to wait and see it seems. Besides, this midweek sale ends on Thursday, which is when the big sales (i.e Summer/Xmas) normally begin.

Falthyron wrote: »
    They won't give any indication of an impending sale so people continue to buy as normal. We will have to wait and see it seems. Besides, this midweek sale ends on Thursday, which is when the big sales (i.e Summer/Xmas) normally begin.

It's always been ended a few hours early instead of it's usual time, before a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Just picked up Arma II combined ops for 9.99,Im not sure if I should of waited (I probably should have) but i couldn't let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's what confuses me. It says in that article that last year started in July so why are people assuming end of June this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's what confuses me. It says in that article that last year started in July so why are people assuming end of June this year?

It has started in last week of June before, last years was quite late but I think its been getting later each year (for the past 3 or 4 years anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

hope they discount Borderlands 2 Season pass, just finished BL1 and starting into 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Just got an email offering Arma 2 operation arrowhead.It was titled "MIDWEEK MADNESS! Offer ends 28 Jun 12:00am IST" Hopefully that doesn mean that the actual sale will start friday tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Steam Sale is coming soon. A lot of games have gone up by €5 to €10 in the last 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

July 11th seems to be the general consensus on the steam forums anyways, but I wouldn't say no to it starting tonight :D

should be "BRACE YOUR WALLET"

that would be sexist ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Advertisement