Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Clancy's The Division

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah saw that today,disappointing. Although if it needs another delay to be a better and more polished game im all for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was it due to come out late this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was it due to come out late this year?

Was announced at E3 2013 with a release window of late 2014. Then in May 2014 it was delayed to 2015. Now delayed another year and has been in development since summer of 2012

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think we're looking at massively ambitious and oversold features not being deliverable - sound like Watchdogs to anyone else? :) I don't mind waiting though, it still looks like a very interesting game and gameworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Fcuks Sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shiminay wrote: »
    sound like Watchdogs to anyone else?

yeah it does, and tbh even watchdogs wasn't all bad, crappy buggy release and pretty short for an open world game but it was a decent AAA.

I dont mind it being delayed so much, so long as it's not cancelled after the amount of time it's had in development hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I think we're looking at massively ambitious and oversold features not being deliverable - sound like Watchdogs to anyone else? :) I don't mind waiting though, it still looks like a very interesting game and gameworld.
    The only thing that was really ambitious here was the release date. It was blatently obvious that it was never going to be finished in time even before comments like this leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The funny thing is, all we've really seen are a few demos and a loose description of what it actually is - It smells like another destiny disappointment, but I really hope its not, it looks incredible, and I really want it to be the best game it can possibly be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I thought it was 2016 anyway. They said 2015 was too optimistic last year at E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I had 2016 in my head too, so not too disappointed. I also won't ever be surprised if it gets canned. It just seems a little too ahead of its time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it single player or multiplayer only ?

Think it's multi only. The idea is it's like Destiny, only better. Always online world that changes as players adapt it to their survival etc etc.

The potential is great, it could strike that fine balance between MMO/RPG and action shooter to create a perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Did I see March 8th 2016 as the date for this from E3? (I know these can be pushed back and back, but this is the first definite date unless I'm mistaken?).

Was there any gameplay shown? Or even trailers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did I see March 8th 2016 as the date for this from E3? (I know these can be pushed back and back, but this is the first definite date unless I'm mistaken?).

Was there any gameplay shown? Or even trailers?

Theres a gameplay PVP mission in the E3 video thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Theres a gameplay PVP mission in the E3 video thread.

Haven't ventured in there yet, thanks, only thought of it as I read through all the stuff I recently started following on Twitter (prob the first E3 I've ever paid attention to) :o

The game looks decent but the scripted voice chat is fcuking gay.

Have to say this is the one thing I'm most disappointed in. Looks a far cry away from what they envisioned, the nice cover system with lots of really crisp particle effects in the original 'demo' is now a real toned down rpg style spray fest with very few clean particle effects.

The graphics don't look near half as good from the old demos. Typical ubisoft, feels like another watchdogs.

.ak wrote: »
    Have to say this is the one thing I'm most disappointed in. Looks a far cry away from what they envisioned, the nice cover system with lots of really crisp particle effects in the original 'demo' is now a real toned down rpg style spray fest with very few clean particle effects.

The graphics don't look near half as good from the old demos. Typical ubisoft, feels like another watchdogs.

The latest demo was played on Xbox One while the early demos were on PC. I still feel they are doing a Watchdogs on it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Does anyone really trust Ubisoft to release a finished game this time?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Does anyone really trust Ubisoft to release a finished game this time?
    Yes.

Look at the list of games published by Ubisoft.
    Sort by release year.
    Look at the games released in an objectively unfinished state.

Yes, Unity was pushed out the door in a ****ing awful state and their PC ports can leave a lot to be desired but at some point cynicism can become just hyperbolic arm waving for the sake of it.

With this game though I'd be wary of it at launch seeing as it relies on decent stable servers that will stay up and handle the load.

When was the last time they released a game similar to this that is online heavy.

With this game though I'd be wary of it at launch seeing as it relies on decent stable servers that will stay up and handle the load.

When was the last time they released a game similar to this that is online heavy.
    The Crew, Shootmania Storm and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot in terms of their more recent releases. I believe the former suffered from connectivity issues during it's first week on sale but from reading up on it, they seem to have been sorted after that period.

Ubisoft's uPlay shop has listed three separate editions: standard, Gold and Sleeper Agent Collector's Edition.

The Gold Edition will launch with the game and season pass and costs £74.99. The Gold edition is only listed as a PC download on the store.

The collector's edition comes with the game, The Agent replica watch, The Agent replica armband, an artbook, a poster and collector's box. There's also some uPlay exclusive bonuses: guaranteed access to the closed beta, as well as the in-game Hazmat Gear set and a steelbook. The Collector's Edition costs £114.99 on PC or £119.99 on Xbox One and PS4.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/tom_clancys_the_division/news/the_division_season_pass_to_deliver_full_year_of_major_expansions_and_exclusive_benefits.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got my code for the beta, and instructed to go enter details on www.thedivisiongame.com/beta

Can't see anywhere to redeem code though, am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got my code for the beta, and instructed to go enter details on www.thedivisiongame.com/beta

Can't see anywhere to redeem code though, am I missing something?

Me too. Go here http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/beta/
    The beta isn't live yet, they will email an access code when it is.
    Anyone know when it will be?

Sure don't you have that pre order the game to get the beta access??

Yep. Fcuk that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sure don't you have that pre order the game to get the beta access??

Yep. Fcuk that

pre order then cancel ? :D

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    pre order then cancel ? :D

Where, Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

In other news the beta for PS4 players has been cancelled for this month and pushed into "early" 2016

Got my code and I have begun pre-loading the alpha :D

Looking forward to Wednesday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

can you still register for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Where, Amazon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreznTHiS9g

Follow this youtube vidoe from free and dont need to pre order.

put on a waiting list.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mreznTHiS9g

Follow this youtube vidoe from free and dont need to pre order.

put on a waiting list.

I've been following that lad since the game was first shown.Did that last week and got my code today:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Anyone got a spare code going, Im desparate, Ive tweeted everyone. Sent out emails.

Anyone got a spare one going that would be great.

DM if so.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Division Alpha is live again tomorrow on XB1 for at least 3 hours for stress testing, starting at 2PM GMT.

Also, here's a new live action Christmas themed trailer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Division Alpha is live again tomorrow on XB1 for at least 3 hours for stress testing, starting at 2PM GMT.

Also, here's a new live action Christmas themed trailer :D

Probably a weird thing to pick at but I hate those types of trailers. Gentle song with war/shooting throughout, it's been done to death.

It was cool that one time with Gears Of War and Mad World. it's been shít ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Probably a weird thing to pick at but I hate those types of trailers. Gentle song with war/shooting throughout, it's been done to death.

It was cool that one time with Gears Of War and Mad World. it's been shít ever since.

Not live action but I loved this one too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOoTXwdaPY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Not live action but I loved this one too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOoTXwdaPY

Alright, that one was cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J. Marston wrote: »
    Alright, that one was cool too.

my first time seeing that technique, but yeah, its a bit done to death now alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

The Tom Clancy Humble Bundle Weekly is running at the moment and anyone willing to part with $10 can get a beta access key!

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

beta-access-key.png

It's not a bad deal either, 8 games and a beta key for one of the most anticipated games of 2016 for just $10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

That's not a bad deal at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

New trailer for the division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

If they have a good mechanic in place to compel people to team up with strangers, I may just look past it being a Ubisoft title. If it's just going to be another kill-on-sight post apocalyptic shooter, then meh.

This game is going to look nothing like the 1st post :)

Dair76 wrote: »
    If they have a good mechanic in place to compel people to team up with strangers, I may just look past it being a Ubisoft title. If it's just going to be another kill-on-sight post apocalyptic shooter, then meh.

It does. It impressed the hell outa me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

It does. It impressed the hell outa me.

Interest levels rising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, won't be a day 1 for me, but we'll see in 8 weeks or so how it fairs. Evolve has made me 2nd guess getting too investing in games like this at launch that's for sure.

It would be nice to have an Online game that mixes Co-Op into the mix in a new way.

Think Ubisoft are doing their best to try and raise consumer confidence to be fair (which is no harm after AC: Unity and Watchdogs)

• Advertisement
Advertisement