Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I thought Old World Blues was excellent. The rest were so-so though (mind you I never actually finished the Lonesome Road).

Is lonesome road with the original courier? wasnt bad but more shooting than anything else.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

God dammit now I want to play New Vegas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God dammit now I want to play New Vegas again.

I hope you aren't playing on PS3!

noodler wrote: »
    I hope you aren't playing on PS3!

PC.

PC.

Again, and as a warning to others, NV DLC is almost unplayable on PS3.

• Advertisement

Wasn't Skyrim an abomination on PS3 aswell - the longer your play, the bigger your save the slower it got?

Shoddy porting by Bethesda it has to be said. Didn't affect me but never like seeing that kind of laziness from arguably my favourite studio.

Wasn't Skyrim an abomination on PS3 aswell - the longer your play, the bigger your save the slower it got?

Shoddy porting by Bethesda it has to be said. Didn't affect me but never like seeing that kind of laziness from arguably my favourite studio.

I was late to Skyrim so it was heavily patched by then and I have had no issues.

The NV DLC slows after 30-40 mins of gameplay and I had to quit the game and reload each time to get it to revert to (Semi) normal.

The last bit of DLC though (Lonesome Rd?) I just couldn't get through cos it slowed even worse. It was similar with the Fallout 3 DLC.
    Funnily enough, neither of the main games gave me much hassle.

In fairness even the PC had issues with load screens between areas taking longer and longer as the hours went by. Exiting and reloading the game fixed it but it was a little annoying because it would have to get the stage where it was a proper pain in the ass before you'd exit/reload again.

It got to the stage where just saving and quitting (in order to restart) could take 5-10 mins as the pause button would take so long to respond etc.

Anyway, cannae wait for F4 on the Skyrim engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skyrim became unplayable on the PS3 un less you turned off autosave and didn't move any of the objects like cups and chairs :rolleyes:. Even if it's the same engine, I hope they can code it better and it's more stable on the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I would suspect the memory problems many complained of was another ... 'unique' feature of the GameBryo engine; by and large it's a terribly outdated beast, and would be sure more modern engines could deal with all that sandbox information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I always wanted more radio stations or a bigger selection of that 'nostalgic' music instead of hearing the same ones over and over.
    I think I even tried looking for a mod but was unable to find a decent one

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

pixelburp wrote: »
    I would suspect the memory problems many complained of was another ... 'unique' feature of the GameBryo engine; by and large it's a terribly outdated beast, and would be sure more modern engines could deal with all that sandbox information :)
    I assumed it had to do with the massive trail of corpses and 75% of the games items being hoarded in one place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I always wanted more radio stations or a bigger selection of that 'nostalgic' music instead of hearing the same ones over and over.
    I think I even tried looking for a mod but was unable to find a decent one

Turn off the radio.

Turn on Spotify.

Any of several Fallout playlists will do the trick, but what I eventually did was amalgamate them all into a single playlist and went through the artists and related artists lists picking and choosing back catalogues to add to the whole.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I never finished NV.....made a few accidental decisions and stopped playing.

I might just reboot it before F4 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The morse has changed. I think my transcript is correct.

The message now;

CQ/CQ/DE/OZ/PSE/AS

CQ being short for "Calling all stations"
    DE being short for "This is"

OZ? Signal Oscar Zulu.

PSE being short for "Please"
    AS being short for "Stand By"

Calling all stations, Calling all stations, This is Oscar Zulu, Please stand by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Mycroft, are you irishmadman?

Must admit, even though half of them turn out to be red herrings, I do like these pseudo ARG type viral marketing thingies.

*continues learning semaphore, "just in case"*

Mycroft, are you irishmadman?

Must admit, even though half of them turn out to be red herrings, I do like these pseudo ARG type viral marketing thingies.

*continues learning semaphore, "just in case"*

Just a bored fan

I remember deciphering morse off numbers stations on shortwave years and years ago; they were just meaningless letters and numbers but this is a bit more interesting.

Either this is some sort subtle viral marketing by bethesda or someone out to play a massive joke on all of us. Either way, it's good fun :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

pixelburp wrote: »

Its creaking at the seams for sure, although the "difference" style of save file that they used (which essentially stores every object you have ever moved moved etc) is also what makes the engine so mod friendly, so I would hope that that is not something that would be lost in any radical overhaul.

I can't remember it, but apparently there was an Oscar Zulu radio station in one of Fallout 3's quests. Connected?

• Advertisement

I can't remember it, but apparently there was an Oscar Zulu radio station in one of Fallout 3's quests. Connected?

I'd imagine so.

A bit of googling ->
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Signal_Oscar_Zulu
    Signal Oscar Zulu is a radio signal southeast of Relay tower KX-B8-11, northeast of the Temple of the Union, and far south of the Republic of Dave. When activated by a switch on a transformer below the tower, it broadcasts a plea for medical assistance for the son of Bob Anderstein. This is one of nine drainage chambers with a ham radio signal. The message repeats:
    Within are two small chambers. One is a living area with two adult skeletons (male and female) along with food, tin cans, a toy car, a lunchbox, surgical tubing, a crutch, and other assorted supplies (mainly medical). However, despite the message stating that Bob Anderstein has a young boy with him, there is no third child skeleton to be found.

Hmmmmmm. Possible connection right there?

And this is set 20 odd years after 3? So that young boy would be an adult now. Interesting... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

arguably my favourite studio.

like to argue with yourself do ya? :D

mystic86 wrote: »
    like to argue with yourself do ya? :D

Of course. Don't you have trouble weighing up your favourite game/song/film/crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

For whatever reason, PS3 just does not like open world games. I've been told it's something to do with the physical memory configuration, but GTA, Fallout, RDR... anything with wide open spaces made it an unhappy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Don't know why anybody would play games like 'Skyrim' or 'Fallout' on a console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cause they prefer playing on a console / don't have a pc? Seems pretty obvious to me.

I'm not sure i could go back and play them on a console myself, after being so used to modding the hell out of both games. So many mods that i'd consider essential, and massively improve both games. If you've not played the mods though, it doesn't really matter what system you play on.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Don't know why anybody would play games like 'Skyrim' or 'Fallout' on a console.

I find it's because the games are released on a console they happen to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I should really get back to Fallout 3.

I didn't like it when I first played it but went back to it this year and enjoyed it much more, branched off onto one of the DLC quests and haven't touched it in months, other games kept getting in the way :pac:

• Advertisement

Its just the Fallout 3 and NV DLC that are obominations on PS3. Main games are 90% fine.

Never had a single issue with Skyrim but I never played it before the uber patches.

Even if it is a hoax, its still fair to say that a F4 announcement can't be toof ar away.

They can't afford not to release it on PS3 and 360 given the install base - making a PS4/XBONE version at the same time sounds incredily difficult to me given the type of game it is?

Advertisement