Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

what date did they give for delivery?was it between tuesday and friday?

Ye man said Delivery estimate: 18 May 2012 - 19 May 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just finished the beta with Wizard class... really excited for the full game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Where's the best (cheapest, most reliable for stock) to buy this? Should I download it off Blizzard? Is it €60 everywhere? Seems a bit steep to me but been out of the game a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Where's the best (cheapest, most reliable for stock) to buy this? Should I download it off Blizzard? Is it €60 everywhere? Seems a bit steep to me but been out of the game a while...

with such big game i would go only from brick and mortar.

with such big game i would go only from brick and mortar.
    Why is that?

• Advertisement

Why is that?

well, its just me, but i dont trust delivery drivers with two things: my games and my misses.

nothing worse then being hyped for a game that is coming today and you newer get delivery on release date. diablo 3 is a really really big game for pc crowd so i would not take a chance of even 1% of it not being delivered on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Chances are you would be grand buying it off Gamestop.ie for €43.
    well, its just me, but i dont trust delivery drivers with two things: my games and my misses.

Mail order bride?:pac:

Chances are you would be grand buying it off Gamestop.ie for €43.

Mail order bride?:pac:
    €43 is more like it, thanks. I'm not too pushed about having to have it on release day. Whats with the €60 price direct from Blizzard?? That's a bit naughty of them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Underwhelming game.

I have it running with everything up full on a 27inch monitor and it doesn't look that great to be honest.

I'm not going to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dermighty wrote: »
    Underwhelming game.

I have it running with everything up full on a 27inch monitor and it doesn't look that great to be honest.

I'm not going to buy it.

You decide whether you buy a game or not based on how good it looks? :confused:

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »

i still play diablo 2, which is 800x600 resolution and looks like shiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

i still play diablo 2, which is 800x600 resolution and looks like shiet...

Same here. Class game!

I preordered from Amazon in 2010 and locked in at £22. Winning!

Big Knox wrote: »

I found it underwhelming.

Also it doesn't look great.

I didn't elaborate on why I found it underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Dermighty wrote: »
    I found it underwhelming.

Also it doesn't look great.

I didn't elaborate on why I found it underwhelming.

good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

set up a battlenet account a while ago but set US as location, wanted to change it now as before i put money on the account or get invested in it. They wanted photo id and a bill to change it, so i just changed the email and made a new account with the original one. I had nothing on the account so i can't see why they made a big deal out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I too found the beta under-whelming. The character development is streamlined (although that isn't in and of itself a bad thing). Obviously since its the beginning of the game it was easy and the maps were small. I just really hope the later levels are bigger.

I felt like I was playing a dumbed-down, limited version of D2.

My biggest complaint is that sometimes when the action is hectic it can be difficult to spot individual or certain types of monsters. I believe this harks back to when screens were first released people complained that is was too colourfully and not dark and gritty enough.

I still fully intend to buy it though. Multi-player was fun.

D wrote: »
    I too found the beta under-whelming. The character development is streamlined (although that isn't in and of itself a bad thing). Obviously since its the beginning of the game it was easy and the maps were small. I just really hope the later levels are bigger.

I felt like I was playing a dumbed-down, limited version of D2.

My biggest complaint is that sometimes when the action is hectic it can be difficult to spot individual or certain types of monsters. I believe this harks back to when screens were first released people complained that is was too colourfully and not dark and gritty enough.

I still fully intend to buy it though. Multi-player was fun.

well dumbed-down is thanks to it being ported to console. if you tried beta when it was released and now, then you would see 2 totally different games mechanics wise.

still its only act1, hopefully the rest will be better. still day 1 purchase, i just cant stop the loot whore in me. :o

well dumbed-down is thanks to it being ported to console. if you tried beta when it was released and now, then you would see 2 totally different games mechanics wise.

still its only act1, hopefully the rest will be better. still day 1 purchase, i just cant stop the loot whore in me. :o

I'm assuming that's only a small part of act1 not the entire thing. King Leoric being a sub boss like Blood Raven from act1 or Radament from act2 in D2.

Hard to tell if it is infact "dumbed-down" in terms of size. D2 had a good mix of areas with different feels and size, most of the underground dungeon areas like in this Beta were very similar with the outdoor over ground areas being much bigger and open. However all of the beta is very confined in terms of space so it's hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have a temporary Blizz account that Magill kindly gave me if anyone wants to try the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

KilOit wrote: »
    I have a temporary Blizz account that Magill kindly gave me if anyone wants to try the beta

I would love to give it a go if no-one has PM'ed you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

To be honest i think the character development is alot better this time around and would take it over the tier'd system in Diablo 2. I remember in D2 you wouldn't spend any of your talent points till you hit around level 30 so you could optimize your build around a WW barb or some such. Plus the rune system really opens up a lot more possible build types with each spell having 5 different runes.

Really looking forward to it now that its getting closer to release date. Just hoping its really hard in the later difficulties since Blizzard these days seems to be catering more to the casual crowd.

To be honest i think the character development is alot better this time around and would take it over the tier'd system in Diablo 2. I remember in D2 you wouldn't spend any of your talent points till you hit the around level 30 so you could optimize your build around a WW barb or some such. Plus the rune system really opens up a lot more possible build types with each spell having 3 different runes.

Really looking forward to it now that its getting closer to release date. Just hoping its really hard in the later difficulties since Blizzard these days seems to be catering more to the casual crowd.

Yep Hell difficulty better be rock hard and only doable with a max level highly optimized build with **** hot gear. Remember the AH is going to make things easier this time around with gear readily available so the difficulty better take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garcoss

If any still got a temporary account or access id love to try the beta, if any1 does plz pm me, pretty plz. Got 2 weeks off easter so would love to test it out. Only thing im sickened about is the fact my exams are from the 14th of may to the 26th. Real Sickener for me with 15th of May release date SIGH:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

The more I wait the less motivation is left here. Can't believe they finally made it. Can't believe I don't care at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Going to preorder this, anyone know where is cheapest? Don't care about having it on release date, as I'm doing exams, but to have it by the 18th would be nice.
    Also, anyone else tempted by the collectors edition? it's 85 on amazon, and I'm sure all the extras are necessary. Haven't been this excited about a game in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Standard version is cheapest on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

This might be a long shot but just wondering if anyone has a beta account I could use for a day or two? Absolutely loved Diablo 2 and want to check how the third one will function on my rig.

This might be a long shot but just wondering if anyone has a beta account I could use for a day or two? Absolutely loved Diablo 2 and want to check how the third one will function on my rig.

I pm'd you my login details.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would anyone like to share their temp account with me? Really wana give the game a shot before it's out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

+1 :D If anyone has any spare codes, or temp accounts i would really appreciate a PM. I know the game is gonna be good, but i just want a taste, just a taste of things to come.

Cheers

Advertisement