Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cannot.fcuking.wait! I orderd the CE from gamestop and bought the digital copy from blizzard, its already pre-downloaded, was 7GB.

*also booked a week off work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

How many hours is in Diablo 2? Might try it before Diablo 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

How many hours are their in a few years worth of gameplay ? Seriously tho its kinda open ended to a degree, but if you just want to play thorough the story once its about 20 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

KilOit wrote: »

Clear it on Hell I dare ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Excellent

I got the annual pass for WoW so I have my copy, just need to wait till I'm able to download it .

Now wouldnt it be awesome if they let us download early, for been annual pass adopters.

Its only right ;)

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Excellent

I got the annual pass for WoW so I have my copy, just need to wait till I'm able to download it .

Now wouldnt it be awesome if they let us download early, for been annual pass adopters.

Its only right ;)

Have you played 1 and 2?

If not then not only is the answer no but your copy should be removed and given to some poor diablo fan who can't afford the game and you should be burned at the stake for suggesting such an atrocity!!

If you have then carry on good Sir!!! :pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Have you played 1 and 2?

If not then not only is the answer no but your copy should be removed and given to some poor diablo fan who can't afford the game and you should be burned at the stake for suggesting such an atrocity!!

If you have then carry on good Sir!!! :pac:

Yes I played 1 and 2, with great success :)

Diablo 2 is currently on my laptop along championship manager 01/02 in prep for a lengthy work trip to belgium next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I just heard that it is shipping without PVP as they haven't gotten it balanced yet. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

D wrote: »
    I just heard that it is shipping without PVP as they haven't gotten it balanced yet. :(

there patching it in at a later date

D wrote: »

Can't see it being much of an issue, pvp will only really come into play at max level (80+ in D2) when you are fully geared or close to it and as we know that is not going to happen quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Nobody should play Diablo 3 without playing 2 at the very least completing it in normal. There's just so much backstory, character and geography; lore, all in 2 to dsiregard it. Pus its bloody brilliant fun. Assassin or Druid ftw!

Get 2 or 3 mates whip it onto the laptops/desktops and have some PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Hah, ordered it on GAME earlier in the day and just cancelled it and re-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for the heads up. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gizmo wrote: »
    Hah, ordered it on GAME earlier in the day and just cancelled it and re-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for the heads up. :)

so game are stocking it then?

I ordered the CE Off amazon too :)

so game are stocking it then?
    It's on their website alright but whether they honor them or are indeed still around come release remains to be seen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

It's on their website alright but whether they honor them or are indeed still around come release remains to be seen. :)

Why wouldn't they honor them?

Why wouldn't they honor them?
    One of two reasons:

a) This may have yet to take affect on their site.

b) If the OpCapita/Walmart buyout either doesn't happen or the stability it offers doesn't last, then regardless of whether Activision decide to support them again in the short term, they may just reverse it again down the line.

My amazon order says.its gonna ship on monday and ill have thursday/friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats the chance gamestop.ie get the CE back in stock? Thats a great price for it and apparently alot of people get games from them 1 day before release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Whats the chance gamestop.ie get the CE back in stock? Thats a great price for it and apparently alot of people get games from them 1 day before release date.

Doesn't matter as the game is locked until the release day anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Limericks wrote: »
    Doesn't matter as the game is locked until the release day anyway.

Yeah i know, but most times i ever ordered online from another site i wouldnt get it release day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

So how many people ordered from gamestop the CE version? I did, they better fulfil the order otherwise there'll be pitchforks!

So how many people ordered from gamestop the CE version? I did, they better fulfil the order otherwise there'll be pitchforks!

why wouldn't they fulfil the orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I'm hoping blizzard allow retail stores to sell the physical game a day or two before release to allow for people to be ready to play when servers open much like what BioWare did with SWTOR.

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I'm hoping blizzard allow retail stores to sell the physical game a day or two before release to allow for people to be ready to play when servers open much like what BioWare did with SWTOR.

Doubtful...

Blizzard are pretty strict with release dates.

I dont think youll see Q's like you do with wow and mmo games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

KilOit wrote: »

I think I played about 4000+ hours. (I used to work 11 hour shifts overnight with no work to do, so played Diablo II all night).

It is very highly addictive, although the graphics look quite dated now.

Great story, dramatic cut scenes, tons of atmosphere, a good challenge on harder difficulties, lots of class customisations & a few trillion items to loot & customise. It's still the king of loot whoring multiplayer games and the servers are still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Never played Diablo before but just got an email today saying I was in the closed beta for D3, so downloading it now and will see how it goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

danthefan wrote: »
    Never played Diablo before but just got an email today saying I was in the closed beta for D3, so downloading it now and will see how it goes.

Everyone in this thread now hates you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kiith wrote: »
    Everyone in this thread now hates you :pac:

I've applied to a lot of beta tests over the years and this is the first one I've ever got into!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

danthefan wrote: »
    I've applied to a lot of beta tests over the years and this is the first one I've ever got into!

Were still allowed to hate you :)

Advertisement