Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My father is being tested tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Topdolla wrote: »
    Yes because you know everything and that is why there are so many people in the world active with it and a handful recovered.

84,000 = a handful ???

Hmm????

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Cough sometimes, sore throat sometimes, fever sometimes, headache sometimes, fatigue most of the time.

If other people that have said yes to symptoms post your symptoms also

I’ve been living with those symptoms since 2015.

I hope I’m not patient zero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

anyone that has a pain in the head now will think its coronas or if you have a sore throat or a cough or a fever

you need all 4 to start to worry aint it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

listening to some doctor on the radio today you cant get it twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

mean gene wrote: »
    anyone that has a pain in the head now will think its coronas or if you have a sore throat or a cough or a fever

you need all 4 to start to worry aint it

Nope. If you have any of them (Particularly dry cough/fever) you should contact your gp

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe some medical staff with no symptoms have been tested.
    If so, that's very logical.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I think if you always think about this virus and that its always on your mind, you will make yourself sick, your mind is looking for something that isn't there.
    Time to switch off/cut back on news and social media, these are just outlets for negativity and will do nothing for your wellbeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Phil.x wrote: »
    I think if you always think about this virus and that its always on your mind, you will make yourself sick, your mind is looking for something that isn't there.
    Time to switch off/cut back on news and social media, these are just outlets for negativity and will do nothing for your wellbeing.

This should be stickied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have all the symptoms for the last three weeks. Headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, coughing up blood, runny nose, a terrible cough etc. I have a rare lung disease and im on steroids and my second round of antibiotics. My GP arranged the test for me on monday but i still havent heard anything from them. Did they call you directly and tell you to go somewhere?
    My GP said they would be out to my house i dont know if this is because i already have a preexisting condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

My GP also booked a test for me on Monday and I’m also still waiting. Haven’t heard a thing. Do they text you or ring you, or can someone tell us what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you? I thought that hadn't been confirmed? I was under the impression that (so far anyway) it was a one-hit wonder?
    Experts say it's unlikely that you get it twice, but it did happen at least once in Japan

I don't have any symptoms and am not tested but every time I cough or sneeze I think "this is it..."

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

84,000 = a handful ???

Hmm????

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Sorry I should of been more specific and said in Europe, tbh I am not that bad just showing symptoms it is the fatigue for me that is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If someone was sneezing a little, felt a little run down, etc would they be running to the doctor to be tested for whatever?

No they wouldn't.

This is bringing out all the worriers.

If you actually had it you would know.

Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Phil.x wrote: »

Every minor pain that i usually shrug off I am now convinced is the start of it! And i am being fairly rational and careful about it all- human nature!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I've had most symptoms since Friday and rang my GP Monday who prescribed me an antibiotic once she heard I hadn't travelled or been in contact with a confirmed case.
    Still sick.
    Thinking of getting 2nd opinion at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I've had most symptoms since Friday and rang my GP Monday who prescribed me an antibiotic once she heard I hadn't travelled or been in contact with a confirmed case.
    Still sick.
    Thinking of getting 2nd opinion at this stage.

Antibiotic won't kill a virus, my doc just gave me a cough bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I know. That's why I'm wondering why she went down the road of diagnosing it as a possible bacterial infection instead of putting me forward for testing.

I'm not in a doctor's from one end of the year to the next. Was eight years at one stage! But just can't ignore the symptoms I have. Hoping it is just the normal flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Do we have an up to date and fairly accurate map/list of the locations of people which have tested positive? Not just a God forsaken compass point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

auspicious wrote: »
    Do we have an up to date and fairly accurate map/list of the locations of people which have tested positive? Not just a God forsaken compass point.

We have a county by county breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope you don't have to wait long for results

I know someone who was tested Monday morning and is still waiting for the results. They have an underlying illness and were told that they are priority 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

KaneToad wrote: »
    We have a county by county breakdown

I seen that list. Anything more accurate going?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CymbaltaMan

Ok so I have been showing symptoms for 3 weeks and just got tested today I will know the results in the next 48hrs I pray that I don't have it :(

Good luck

I got tested - Sunday

Im still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lfen wrote: »
    I know someone who was tested Monday morning and is still waiting for the results. They have an underlying illness and were told that they are priority 1.

I thought they would be 24 hours at latest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did they not say earlier they only notify you if you are positive?

I think they lost mine or its a new hybrid :(

Stheno wrote: »
    Did they not say earlier they only notify you if you are positive?

I was told I would get a call ??? Whats this ??? Is this legal news?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Doesn’t seem to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lfen wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to be the case.

Yup he's incorrect, 36hrs - 48hrs are what most are being told.

They have the test kits and it takes 6 hours to complete a test but the backlogs in the labs are massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

auspicious wrote: »

As of yesterday

Advertisement