Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

This group of De Tomaso drove through Copenhagen on Friday they must be on a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

some recent spots..

I'm not sure which model the Bentley wedding car is, other than it was huuge! I just happened to be walking by the church as it pulled up.
    I had a good look at the Bentley Eight and it was in magnificent condition, absolutely flawless.
    The 6.9 was spotted in Dublin airport on the return from hols.
    Pics to follow from the holliers . . .

from Lanzarote,

Mercs firstly. There's still plenty of W124s being operated as taxis over there, yet I didn't see one last year in Gran Canaria. Lots of private ones about too, as well as W201s

more Mercs..

the gold W124 (it looks almost yellow in the pic) is not a colour I can ever recall seeing on a Benz before, its similar to the BMW icon gold shade

what are the chances of this being authentic?
    I didn't hear it, it was just parked outside the shop.
    The gear stick was from a 90s Ford, that much I can tell you, so maybe just a good replica :)

I saw an original one at Terenure a couple of years back, and it was awesome. I think it was valued then at between €1-€2M

• Advertisement

and now some random daily drivers..

The BJ40s were in great condition. Not sure if the Audi is a 100 or 200??

maybe not classics in the true sense, but...

the Iveco is a clear rip off of the Defender. I think the Land Cruiser is one of the early models, and the LiteAce is not something you see too many of these days

No idea what the roadster is, a replica or modern take on something or other.. loads of these little Seat (Marbella?) / Fiat Pandas still knocking about..likewise the Renault van in both passenger & van guise (moreso than the Citreon equivalent)
    And who else rates the Mk1 Twingo? I've always had a soft spot for them. A friend had one in Germany in the early 90s, loads of room in them for such a small car. Lots of them still doing the rounds.

and now, especially for Duke O'Smiley; a few to give you the horn :D

( I think its a 21 in the pic, not 100%)

• Advertisement

and the last couple..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

tc20 wrote: »
    No idea what the roadster is, a replica or modern take on something or other..

Its a Wiesmann Roadster from Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

tc20 wrote: »
    what are the chances of this being authentic?
    I didn't hear it, it was just parked outside the shop.
    The gear stick was from a 90s Ford, that much I can tell you, so maybe just a good replica :)

I saw an original one at Terenure a couple of years back, and it was awesome. I think it was valued then at between €1-€2M

Replica, I;d say. Based on:

1. Would you park a million euro car like that on the street?:pac:
    2. Wheel nuts instead of knock offs. (although I know thats not conclusive)
    3. Reg is too modern - if it was original it would be older, if an import it would be on historic plates

Still nice though.

The iveco massif was a development of the santana hanibal which was in turn originally a licensed version of the Series II/III land rover

Were some of those photos outside the Los Fariones?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hi all .

First time posting here. This is owned by a friend of mine. He has a nice E Type as well. I'll post that tomorrow.

Apologies for not posting the E Type yet. He brought this on its maiden voyage today.

The original wheels are in the boot, before anyone starts complaining. The first and only owner before my friend didn't like them. He put these on instead. 1978 I think, with 48,000 miles

w124man wrote: »

I had to look them up - wow!

I think it was an MF4 that I saw. Seriously powerful, and pricey :eek:

http://www.wiesmann.com/en/models

The iveco massif was a development of the santana hanibal which was in turn originally a licensed version of the Series II/III land rover

Were some of those photos outside the Los Fariones?

Thanks, I didn't know about the Santana. When I saw the Iveco, I thought it was akin to a Chinese market knock-off.

and yep, spot on with the location :), most of the pics were taken between the old town and the strip along by the Fariones. Its great to be back...not!

Doesnt really look like a weismann - more likely a creation of Realm Engineering in the cotswolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Doesnt really look like a weismann - more likely a creation of Realm Engineering in the cotswolds.

Definite Weismann in my opinion. It's sad that what is a pretty well sorted and engineered car looks not much more than a cheep kit car ripping off big British roadsters.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Definite Weismann in my opinion. It's sad that what is a pretty well sorted and engineered car looks not much more than a cheep kit car ripping off big British roadsters.

Its not. It looks nothing like a wiesmann. Its a Realm LM D-type replica like this one sold at coys...

6139376.jpg

A weismann is more like what would happen if a Morgan mated with a TVR

weismann_gt_by_smevcars.jpg

Also, the realm LM has a backbone chassis designed by reynard - properly built its one of the best track cars out there.

Its not. It looks nothing like a wiesmann. Its a Realm LM D-type replica like this one sold at coys...

A weismann is more like what would happen if a Morgan mated with a TVR

Also, the realm LM has a backbone chassis designed by reynard - properly built its one of the best track cars out there.

You're looking at the wrong pic! That's just a D Type replica!

This is the Weissman

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/82798/357498.JPG

• Advertisement

This is the Weissman

>>>>>>>>>> Scaaaarlet! :o:o:o:o:o

didnt see that. I was wondering if kev was trolling, it seemed so obvious. I'll shut up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I didn't get a pic, but it could be a well known motor anyway - seen a BMW 3 Series of some description parked up in Dun Laoghire yesterday (behind Scrumdiddlies....mmmm). She's an old one, 1985. From the very quick glance I got of it, it looked in nice shape.

This is the Weissman

sorry if I started all that :o I meant to reply sooner to avoid confusion between the two pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Between Cobh and Cork

Saab.png

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Mmmmm ....another one.....Portarlington today.......

I have seen that one in Bray a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

clogher71 wrote: »
    Mmmmm ....another one.....Portarlington today.......
    That's a ringer, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

Sleepy wrote: »
    That's a ringer, right?

Probably a genuine chassis swap.

Sleepy wrote: »
    That's a ringer, right?

Its probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

We love changing out our land rover chassis in Ireland, except in most countries they take out the old rusty chassis and put a new one in, here in Ireland we like to do the opposite.;)

mini-old-and-new.jpg

http://www.vord.net/cars/land-rover/landrover-chassis.htm

Advertisement