Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

manta mad wrote: »
    god ,, their all gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

To the scrapman i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

For those of us that don't know, what was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

lots of crusty old Opels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Blue850 wrote: »
    lots of crusty old Opels

Thats a bit of an under statement ....

54083.jpg

54084.jpg

54085.jpg

( taken from a post by rotorhead in 2008 )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The place has got a lick of paint....The Rover P4 is still there.....although for how long:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

These belong to a friend Volvo is well gone but is good for a few rare bits and bobs I guess but he still may get a good shell. The interior and all its chrome is very good. Also his Nissan which his son hopes to get back on the road one day..
    02062011390.jpg
    02062011391.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

okistag wrote: »
    02062011391.jpg

Hello Jack,
    I'd be interested in this ... would your friend sell it?
    Send me a PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

wilkinstown clearance must be pretty recent, they were there a couple weeks back. hope they didnt all get scrapped??!!most likely though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

not scrapped ;)

all safe !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

good

did you buy the lot? are all the cars both sides the road gone?what is left there?just that p4 rover is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Manta Mad
    I am pleased to hear that seventies Rekord is not a cube of metal. Hopefully it will see the road again. Rekords dont often get mentioned on here, but were plentiful in the sixties and seventies.

Regards, rugbyman

their not scrapped ,their all removed in to another yard they have !

the garage & yards both sides of the road is now been rented out to a fella selling modern cars !

so thankfully they are still around ,,some are too far gone to save ,but theirs a lot of hard to find parts on them still !

hopefully the ones that are saveable will be !!! :)

ohhh and as for buying the lot !!!! :D

no,....... unfortuneatly not ,,, although i have been in their a few times and couldent get to buy one let alone all of them !! :)

still theirs always the next time ;)

Dick Springs old Volvo estate shortly about to meet it's maker it seems.
    859833bb.jpg
    Doesnt seem in bad order either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

859833bb.jpg
    Doesnt seem in bad order either.

Jesus, that cars too good to scrap her:eek:

jimmyw wrote: »
    Jesus, that cars too good to scrap her:eek:

So it seems, I don't know anything else about it though, engine might be gone, could be a scrappage scheme car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

So it seems, I don't know anything else about it though, engine might be gone, could be a scrappage scheme car.

Seems a shame...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Not doubting you or anything, but how do you know it's his?

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Not doubting you or anything, but how do you know it's his?
    I was always sure it was, but i met one of his sons shortly after i took the pic and he confirmed it for definate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I was always sure it was, but i met one of his sons shortly after i took the pic and he confirmed it for definate.

I sincerely hope someone saves it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

my neighbour i think has one of them in is shed....not sure if its that model or the one before it....next time i see him i will ask what he has for sale over there....he did say he has to sell some stuff including cars n a truck or 2 and maybe even a tractor :confused:.....i will find out

mk1esc wrote: »
    my neighbour i think has one of them in is shed....not sure if its that model or the one before it....next time i see him i will ask what he has for sale over there....he did say he has to sell some stuff including cars n a truck or 2 and maybe even a tractor :confused:.....i will find out

Thanks very much for teasing us:(:)

here are a defo 2 i know that are for sale

ford corsair.....needs a complete resto or good for spares and as far as i know a complete car
    the other is a merc,250 se, again needing a resto or good for spares :D
    if you want info i can pm you his number and you can deal directly with the owner ;)

jimmyw wrote: »
    Thanks very much for teasing us:(:)

on what part jimmy??? the whole lot :D....i will ask when i see him about the stuff, thats all i can do :)

All, get them pics up, including the tractor:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Hi there,
    Can you ask about the Merc for me please ? Where is it located roughly ?

Ta

Ben
    mk1esc wrote: »
    here are a defo 2 i know that are for sale

ford corsair.....needs a complete resto or good for spares and as far as i know a complete car
    the other is a merc,250 se, again needing a resto or good for spares :D
    if you want info i can pm you his number and you can deal directly with the owner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

manta mad wrote: »
    god ,, their all gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Most of the Opels are in behind the wall at the moment, a lot of them are quite rotten though, a cool LHD Record there too.

As for the Rover...... it's a 1954 P4 60 (think it had an ONI reg, or so I'm told)

I have that now :D

DSCF5588.jpg

It is really rotten and beyond saviour, been sitting outside since 1990, but it has a few good parts left on it though I suppose, which I will strip.... might keep someone elses going, however the rest of the rust will be heading to the squisher, it really is a wreck :(

DSCF5589.jpg

DSCF5590.jpg

DSCF5593.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tin Lizzy

Good on ya for saving it,By the sounds of it,it wont buff out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I
    Most of the Opels are in behind the wall at the moment, a lot of them are quite rotten though, a cool LHD Record there too.

As for the Rover...... it's a 1954 P4 60 (think it had an ONI reg, or so I'm told)

I have that now :D

DSCF5588.jpg

It is really rotten and beyond saviour, been sitting outside since 1990, but it has a few good parts left on it though I suppose, which I will strip.... might keep someone elses going, however the rest of the rust will be heading to the squisher, it really is a wreck :(

DSCF5589.jpg

DSCF5590.jpg

DSCF5593.jpg

Awwww
    I'll have nothing to look at on my little test drives :(

• Advertisement

It is really rotten and beyond saviour, been sitting outside since 1990......... however the rest of the rust will be heading to the squisher, it really is a wreck :(

Cue the PMs from the banger boys so then! Shove in a Ford Essex on the stick and she would be good for a few laps on the shale!

*DUCKS AND RUNS FOR COVER....*:D

Advertisement