Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Smernt wrote: »
    Ahh great! Did you do that recently? I've set up an account, paid for a month & cancelled it, I just need to wait for a month now before trying to switch it to Turkish. Fingers crossed it works because buying Turkish Netflix Gift Cards is a PITA.

Make sure to add your mobile number to your account as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Smernt wrote: »
    Ahh great! Did you do that recently? I've set up an account, paid for a month & cancelled it, I just need to wait for a month now before trying to switch it to Turkish. Fingers crossed it works because buying Turkish Netflix Gift Cards is a PITA.

Yeah, about 6 weeks ago. I have seen a debit of 5.55e from my CC so all is well.
    As the comment above about a mobile, I dont recall adding mine, but you may as well add the mobile to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smernt

wiz569 wrote: »
    Make sure to add your mobile number to your account as well.

Oh yes, I have done :), thanks for the reminder though!
    bunderoon wrote: »
    Yeah, about 6 weeks ago. I have seen a debit of 5.55e from my CC so all is well.
    As the comment above about a mobile, I dont recall adding mine, but you may as well add the mobile to be safe.

Awesome! It's such a great saving. Grey area of course, but a saving non the less lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Any spaces for an account going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Last two posters. This isn’t what this thread is about!!!!

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Are you sure ? I thought this was bargain alerts and a family makes it stupidly cheap
    I have joined a family here when the thread first started and so have many other members of boards

If you have an issue then report the posts

Yes I’m sure.
    Yes It is bargain alerts.
    No it’s not about family making it stupidly cheap it’s about using a vpn to sign up via a cheaper country.
    Why would I report the post? I’m simply providing info that’s already available in the original post. Give that a read.

One for you though. Why would you want to share a €4 subscription with someone else?

I don’t need to explain myself to you I am simply putting it out there that if someone wants to share a 4 screen sub then I will take a space If you’re not interested then there is no need to get involved, just carry on about your day.

Side note :- a years 4k sub divided to four people means netflix is under €20 for the year

You’ll struggle to find another 3 people like yourself though. Especially in a thread that’s not designed for that

Well that is strange because I have joined one myself that lasted 3 years and I found places for 3 other people in this thread but thanks for your concern it’s really appreciated
    Enjoy your day

You’re welcome

Well that is strange because I have joined one myself that lasted 3 years and I found places for 3 other people in this thread but thanks for your concern it’s really appreciated
    Enjoy your day

Ive created an Irish sub and cancelled it, it expires on the 7th August. Plan to resubscribe on the Turkish Netflix as described here. If it works as planned I'll pm you.

Cheers Paul

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Ive created an Irish sub and cancelled it, it expires on the 7th August. Plan to resubscribe on the Turkish Netflix as described here. If it works as planned I'll pm you.

Cheers Paul
    I'd also be interested in joining your 'family' in August if you've a free space!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Netflix will be banned in Turkey from the 1st of August. Not sure if it will affect subs and users here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

tedpan wrote: »
    Netflix will be banned in Turkey from the 1st of August. Not sure if it will affect subs and users here..

What??? How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What??? How come?

What??? How come?

Erdogan putting in more restrictions. Also looking to block YouTube and other social media sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

it is all nonsense as far as i can see, he's been talking about censorship regarding these sites for over a year now

https://ahvalnews.com/turkish-parliament/netflix-banned-turkish-parliament

Is this any legit website?? My account just started working on Turkish "deal". :(:(

Mr.S wrote:
    Is that confirmed? Google throws up nothing but articles around censorship vs all out ban.

OmegaGene wrote:
    it is all nonsense as far as i can see, he's been talking about censorship regarding these sites for over a year now

Apologies if it's nonsense guys, my wife was talking to her mother in Turkey this morning. She said it was on the local news over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm sure people would have been mailed if it was the case especially if it was happening in 13 days time?
    If it did happen, that would be a lot of BA users who would have to change subs ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Oh well, I'll just have to mentally adjust to the trauma of having to pay an extra 50 cent per month with a new Netflix account in another weak currency country

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't believe Turkish Netflix is going anywhere but if it is, are we all moving to Argentina? Or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

tbh, i dont know why this bothers me so much, as i use an app , but just to be able to watch from one click and not feel like a complete shyster, it would be sad if after all their extra business during lockdown which to be fair is probably the only business a lot of these performers are getting at the moment, that they aew clamping down on this. i think ive just talked myself into justifying paying full price. I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement

gussieg wrote: »
    tbh, i dont know why this bothers me so much, as i use an app , but just to be able to watch from one click and not feel like a complete shyster, it would be sad if after all their extra business during lockdown which to be fair is probably the only business a lot of these performers are getting at the moment, that they aew clamping down on this. i think ive just talked myself into justifying paying full price. I'll get my coat.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273883/netflixs-quarterly-revenue/

and just to put that into perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUWDrLazCg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

tbf that video was more educational and entertaining than some of the sh1te ive watched over the years. but thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Was bale to do a successful change over to Turkish netflix last week. Waited for irish subscription to end, then logged in to turkish netflix by vpn and did the deed. Used UB debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was bale to do a successful change over to Turkish netflix last week. Waited for irish subscription to end, then logged in to turkish netflix by vpn and did the deed. Used UB debit card.

UB not charge you a hefty enough FX fee?

Was going to use my KBC debt card, anyone know which bank has the cheapest FX charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Most people using Revolut.

Netflix don't except Revolut anymore, well at least not mine. Got onto Revolut and Netflix support. Couldn't get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Netflix don't except Revolut anymore, well at least not mine. Got onto Revolut and Netflix support. Couldn't get it sorted.

Same for me. Had to change to CC.
    That meant changing payment method while in one month contract. Then cancel and sign up via Turkey.

bunderoon wrote: »
    Same for me. Had to change to CC.
    That meant changing payment method while in one month contract. Then cancel and sign up via Turkey.

Whats the FX fee like? I found some info on KBC charges, i think its a percentage of the transaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Just checked. ENded up with 5.93 on the UB card, which is not too bad.

Advertisement