Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭ThePott

dulpit wrote: »
    Add irish card while on irish sub. Pay for 1 month, then cancel. Then move to Istanbul and off you go.

From what I've seen here, seems like Revolut will I n lh work if the card has been on account already, they don't seem to accept it as new payment method any longer.
    Yeah was never able to get it working on Revolut. Have only ever had the regular Irish card working.

I'm on the Turkish one at the moment, so I guess, I'll just do the month in Ireland and cancel as before.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

See a few people are having issues. I have been using a Skrill card now for eight months (with a Turkish address) no problem, payment always goes through each month and even when it has failed (as I had forgot to top-up my Skrill account) there has never been an issue, as just logged in and clicked 'Retry'.

Few weeks ago Skrill upgraded the ATM cards to facilitate contactless payments, and so was issued with a new number, but was able to upgrade my card details to the new ones no bother also.

This month was the lowest Netflix ever charged me too, so I guess Lira is not doing so good these days. Last year was charged €4.85, then €5.05 and this time was charged just €4.06.

For anyone that hasn't use Skrill before, it's €10 a year and top fee via Credit Card is just 1% (free by bank transfer).

Withdraw fees is where they make their money and so I tend to do that as little as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I read on another forum that the miunte you use a revolut card your account is flagged. The next time you update your details it will refuse a revolut / n26 etc card. And dont use virtual cards

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

See a few people are having issues. I have been using a Skrill card now for eight months (with a Turkish address) no problem, payment always goes through each month and even when it has failed (as I had forgot to top-up my Skrill account) there has never been an issue, as just logged in and clicked 'Retry'.

Few weeks ago Skrill upgraded the ATM cards to facilitate contactless payments, and so was issued with a new number, but was able to upgrade my card details to the new ones no bother also.

This month was the lowest Netflix ever charged me too, so I guess Lira is not doing so good these days. Last year was charged €4.85, then €5.05 and this time was charged just €4.06.

For anyone that hasn't use Skrill before, it's €10 a year and top fee via Credit Card is just 1% (free by bank transfer).

Withdraw fees is where they make their money and so I tend to do that as little as possible.

Which plan are you on, the standard plan is it, Im on the premium plan the last year or so and the last few months its been around 5.85p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah, Standard, I should have said:

netflix3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

My Revolut card expired recently. When i tried updating with new card (on Netflix Turkey), it would not accept it. UB card didn't work either.
    Anyone faced similar issue or know how to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭jusvi2001

My Revolut card expired recently. When i tried updating with new card (on Netflix Turkey), it would not accept it. UB card didn't work either.
    Anyone faced similar issue or know how to get around this?[/QUOTE

At present Revolut cards are not working with Netflix. The work around is

1. sign up with your UB card on Irish Netflix and cancel it after sometime

2 let the subscription expire

3. once the subscription is expired. Connect to VPN and log on to Turkish Netflix.

4. Restart subscription. UB forex rates wont be good as Revolut still workout much cheaper than Irish Netflix subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Anyone faced similar issue or know how to get around this?[/QUOTE

At present Revolut cards are not working with Netflix. The work around is

1. sign up with your UB card on Irish Netflix and cancel it after sometime

2 let the subscription expire

3. once the subscription is expired. Connect to VPN and log on to Turkish Netflix.

4. Restart subscription. UB forex rates wont be good as Revolut still workout much cheaper than Irish Netflix subscription.

Thanks for that explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Always used tunnel bear for a VPN but it doesn't do Turkey. Any reccomendations? Presumably also Turkey is still cheapest?

Windscribe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Always used tunnel bear for a VPN but it doesn't do Turkey. Any reccomendations? Presumably also Turkey is still cheapest?

Speedify

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Any spaces for an account going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Hi,
    are u paying with irish debit card on that turkish netflix?

4motion wrote: »
    Hi,
    are u paying with irish debit card on that turkish netflix?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

they seem to have closed my account yesterday. I went to look at netflix today and it was asking me to sign up again.

I was on the turkish using an irish card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Probably been asked before but...is there any issue upgrading from the HD package to 4K if you’re on the Turkey sub? Do you need to use a VPN again?

Don’t want to mess anything up as I’ve been on Turkey for ages now with no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Pacifico wrote: »
    Probably been asked before but...is there any issue upgrading from the HD package to 4K if you’re on the Turkey sub? Do you need to use a VPN again?

Don’t want to mess anything up as I’ve been on Turkey for ages now with no issues!

I had no issues, if only because I accidentally ended up upgrading to the higher tier. (new tv had the Netflix app on it. I’m assuming it detected that it had 4K capabilities and offered the opportunity to upgrade, which it never had before and while I was sure I told it to bugger off, I must of selected the option to do so. Or the wife did without telling me...) Bit like yourself, I was unsure and wanted to read up around it before I did. But I had no vpn or anything on when it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Just tried signing up using VPN but my payment wasnt sucessful. I tried revolut, gift card then PTSB debit and CC. No joy

Also tried signing up for the Irish version and no joy with the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

ebayissues wrote: »
    Just tried signing up using VPN but my payment wasnt sucessful. I tried revolut, gift card then PTSB debit and CC. No joy

I think account gets flagged if you try multiple cards, they must be catching on to people signing up to Turkish sub

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Worked fine for me. Had the 4 screen 4k sub and it ended yesterday. Paid 15.99e last month with irish bank card. Restarted it this evening through Hola vpn, no bothers, 5.49e taken out of my bank acc. Kids are happy again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

ebayissues wrote: »

i used this vpn just for the turkish netflix. its free. also used revolut, turkish lira i think it was.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/setupvpn-lifetime-free-vp/oofgbpoabipfcfjapgnbbjjaenockbdp

worked straight away. its also renewed at the turkish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Pacifico wrote: »

Did you sort this? I'm looking to do the same myself. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I previously was able to change from middle tier to top tier package while on the Turkish plan and wasn't connected to VPN/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yup it upgraded fine without a VPN connected. I even downgraded back down to the HD plan fine too! Not much in 4K...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Do you lose your watch history and lists if you switch to different country / payment?

Joziburg wrote: »
    Do you lose your watch history and lists if you switch to different country / payment?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭jusvi2001

Joziburg wrote: »

Changing country/payment won't affect your watch history as long as you are using same account to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smernt

Hey guys, so what's the best way to do this now so you can just pay with a normal credit card?

I had an old netflix account which I logged into from 'Turkey' but couldn't add my debit or credit card & it was also asking for a turkish phone number... But on that same account I then used a turkish Netflix gift card & that worked fine, but I still can't add my credit or debit cards (HSBC) as it just says there's an error.

I've read elsewhere that it's best to create an account in your normal location and using your normal payment card, use it for a month, then cancel it and connect to Turkey and re-subscribe which will give you Turkish prices and shouldn't decline the card, is that correct?

Otherwise, are there any other ways to get a Turkish netflix account setup with your normal payment cards etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Smernt wrote: »
    Hey guys, so what's the best way to do this now so you can just pay with a normal credit card?

I had an old netflix account which I logged into from 'Turkey' but couldn't add my debit or credit card & it was also asking for a turkish phone number... But on that same account I then used a turkish Netflix gift card & that worked fine, but I still can't add my credit or debit cards (HSBC) as it just says there's an error.

I've read elsewhere that it's best to create an account in your normal location and using your normal payment card, use it for a month, then cancel it and connect to Turkey and re-subscribe which will give you Turkish prices and shouldn't decline the card, is that correct?

Otherwise, are there any other ways to get a Turkish netflix account setup with your normal payment cards etc?

I had an Irish account that was linked woth Paypal. Turkey Netflix will not allow paypal. So I re-enabled my Irish account and changed payment from paypal to credit card. Then cancelled again. Waited the month.
    Then when account expires, I went and used VPN to get to Turkey Netflix and re-enabled the account, opting for 4 screens HD. 5.55e per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Smernt

bunderoon wrote: »
    I had an Irish account that was linked woth Paypal. Turkey Netflix will not allow paypal. So I re-enabled my Irish account and changed payment from paypal to credit card. Then cancelled again. Waited the month.
    Then when account expires, I went and used VPN to get to Turkey Netflix and re-enabled the account, opting for 4 screens HD. 5.55e per month.

Ahh great! Did you do that recently? I've set up an account, paid for a month & cancelled it, I just need to wait for a month now before trying to switch it to Turkish. Fingers crossed it works because buying Turkish Netflix Gift Cards is a PITA.

Advertisement