Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good deals on Beds

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

just back from a visit to big mickeys :eek:
    wow is all I can saw, we walked around looking a loads of furniture and as we walked around we found a bed we liked asked him about it, he brought us down and proceeded to tell us all about it. he then told us no matter what he tells us the price it will sell itself.

superkingsize bed with one huge matteress that you'd need a stepladder to get onto the bed with for less than the price of a lump of wood from bargain******town.

What a man, very nice, offered us tea or coffee and will do anything to cope with any budget.
    Cannot recommend enough. my suggestion is to never go near a clearys or hardly normal or anything like that just take a trip down and see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dm252006

any decent corner groups to be had?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Ordered a 4 foot bed from Big Mickey last month, and all I can say is that the price and service was exemplary!

Excellent bed, price and delivery.

Cheers Mickey-Man!

corner units, wardrobes sofas, tables. beds. socks. andrex. you name it he has it. and anything he has is solid built unlike the crap you can get for more money in other stores. take a trip down. he said he might open next weekend. I would advise giving him a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What were the roads like from Dublin?

• Advertisement

went from celbridge. apart from a small bit of fog, no bothers. just stay on the n4 after 3rd roundabout just after edgeworthstown about 2 miles up. on the right. cant miss it.
    if ya hit newtown forbes you've gone past it

mind you sunday drivers were out 2day so that was fun :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Wow! Delighted to see everyone giving such positive feedback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Emailed Michael yesterday and he's delivering free of charge this evening to Sligo! It's not a big sale either (but cheaper than local shops) so fair play to him.

Thanks to the OP for the recommendation.

our monster super king size bed arrived today. the 2 lads delivering it were done and all within 10 minutes. gave them a little something to take home and something for mickey as well ;)

all I can say is the bed is massive, really well worth the money we paid for it and to think someone used to pay 4.5k for this bed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

daytob wrote: »
    our monster super king size bed arrived today. the 2 lads delivering it were done and all within 10 minutes. gave them a little something to take home and something for mickey as well ;)

all I can say is the bed is massive, really well worth the money we paid for it and to think someone used to pay 4.5k for this bed :eek:

Any pics?
    #

• Advertisement

Chipbutty wrote: »
    Any pics?
    #

here ya go

2 full size laptops, one xbox 360 and a microsoft natural keyboard should give you an example of the full width

sdc11800d975.jpgsdc11801ellb.jpgsdc11802ybck.jpgsdc11803caqz.jpgsdc11804fara.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

daytob wrote: »
    here ya go

A man made that bed :D. I'd be itching to straighten it out and fix the pillows.

my wife would disagree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jeanpaul

I d say that ur big massive bed is getting lots of action. She s just jealous. Ha Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Just want to add my appreciation to this thread. Bought king size Slient Night Miratex & double Rest Assured Hartwell pkt 1400 mattresses off him for a great price. Based on the rave reviews here I had confidence to place the order over the phone without even seeing the mattresses and he personally delivered them to me today, 1 day after I ordered them and he was supposed to be finished up for Xmas and had no other deliveries to Dublin. In his own words "my word is my bond"! Great guy to deal with and superb customer service. Called me when he was leaving Longford and texted me after passing each town along the way to give me enough time to leave work and meet him.

Highly recommend and can't wait to try out my new mattresses!

Cheers Mick and Merry Xmas all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

I am considering asking Big Mickey to marry me, after the deal I got on one of his beds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corbin

Hi - I first heard about this from my brother who works in Athlone when I mentioned to him that we would more than likely need a new sofa soon. He mentioned that loads of people from his workplace had purchased from mickeys and he said that even though it may be a little drive for me (Dublin), he said it may be worth it. Think from these posts that I'll definitely look here first. We know what we want and need (have young child and 2 dogs so you can well imagine).

Has anyone bought sofas from him of this type or can let me know if there's good choice in 3&2's?

Thanks

Dunno about the sofa but all I know is that when we are buying our new place Mickey will be there at the housewarming. sitting on loads of furniture from Mickeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MoonSpirit

I bought a lovely 3+2 leather reclining suite just before xmas from Mick. The same as you I had kids and pets in mind and he had a great selection to choose from. I would definitely go here b4 looking elsewhere, some great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Corbin wrote: »
    Hi - I first heard about this from my brother who works in Athlone when I mentioned to him that we would more than likely need a new sofa soon. He mentioned that loads of people from his workplace had purchased from mickeys and he said that even though it may be a little drive for me (Dublin), he said it may be worth it. Think from these posts that I'll definitely look here first. We know what we want and need (have young child and 2 dogs so you can well imagine).

Has anyone bought sofas from him of this type or can let me know if there's good choice in 3&2's?

Thanks
    MoonSpirit wrote: »
    I bought a lovely 3+2 leather reclining suite just before xmas from Mick. The same as you I had kids and pets in mind and he had a great selection to choose from. I would definitely go here b4 looking elsewhere, some great deals.

Thanks for the tips on your first posts...

This thread stinks

• Advertisement

The Fool wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips on your first posts...

This thread stinks
    brightkane wrote: »
    There is no Foolin you...!!
    He must have planned this well if he got access to my account, roscos account , carpenters account, pablos account, crafts account, bigneacys account, ect ect ect, not going back through them all, and also registered accounts in..

oct 2006, aug 2009, sept 2008

just in case this thread ever came about on boards.

Awwe, as i lie back on my lovely and comfy bigmickey mattress!!:D:D:D

How can you say this thread stinks?? This is your second time to have a go at this thread? You wouldn't be the competition by any chance? There's alot of board members giving alot of positive feedback here. Isnt this what Bargain alerts is all about? Mod's?

pablo21 wrote: »
    How can you say this thread stinks?? This is your second time to have a go at this thread? You wouldn't be the competition by any chance? There's alot of board members giving alot of positive feedback here. Isnt this what Bargain alerts is all about? Mod's?

Funny how every time this thread disapears off the front page some newbie
    poster has a great praise post for Big Mick

Read back through the thread and see just how many long time users of boards are here with their feedback too. Is this a "Big Mickey" Conspiracy theory? Over 21000 hits on this thread might contradict your theory methinks.:rolleyes:

pablo21 wrote: »
    Read back through the thread and see just how many long time users of boards are here with their feedback too. Is this a "Big Mickey" Conspiracy theory? Over 21000 hits on this thread might contradict your theory methinks.:rolleyes:

21000 hits may have something to do with newbie posters bumping the thread

"how do i get this great product/ service"

"wow best shop ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Too many suspicious first posts in this have went un-ignored..

.. gonna lock it up!

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement