Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on Beds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jeanpaul

Dubsuperstar must be the only person not hit by the recession apart from Brian Cowen and his cronies. Big Mickey's is a true recession busting place . If you want to pay €1000 s more for your stuff, well then stick to Cleary's, Arnott's and so on and i believe you still won't get the personal service that loads of us have experienced. Look at all the other most positive comments here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Not everyone is looking for the same thing. Its good to know an alternative informative opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

jeanpaul wrote: »
    Dubsuperstar must be the only person not hit by the recession apart from Brian Cowen and his cronies. Big Mickey's is a true recession busting place . If you want to pay €1000 s more for your stuff, well then stick to Cleary's, Arnott's and so on and i believe you still won't get the personal service that loads of us have experienced. Look at all the other most positive comments here on boards.

You seem to get very upset when I post anything negative about this place. Im just giving my honest opinon on my experince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jeanpaul

Not at all but fair play is good sport and i felt you were putting this place down as a secondhand shop and its not. When i first went in to big mickeys with a limited amount of money available and spoke to the owner I got personal service even though i was far from going to be a big customer, i felt treated as if i was. There is no big expensive or flash about the place but i got big brand names at a fraction of the price. I got Silentnight, John Lewis , Harveys Uk, Dorma and so on. If it was'nt for Big Mickeys i know i'd have got a lot less for my money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Lads just wondering what ye think of Ikea compared to his shop. I mean I was in Ikea on Saturday, Brand new lovely looking bed for about 300??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

jeanpaul wrote: »
    Not at all but fair play is good sport and i felt you were putting this place down as a secondhand shop and its not. When i first went in to big mickeys with a limited amount of money available and spoke to the owner I got personal service even though i was far from going to be a big customer, i felt treated as if i was. There is no big expensive or flash about the place but i got big brand names at a fraction of the price. I got Silentnight, John Lewis , Harveys Uk, Dorma and so on. If it was'nt for Big Mickeys i know i'd have got a lot less for my money elsewhere.

Well if you can get seconhand shop from my posts we have different understanding of the english language. Im delighted you got a good bargain, but stlyish interiors (bigmickey.ie) isnt for me. Recession or no recession!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tepo

Hi all, Got my delivery early this morning as promised. Got a phone call half an hour before they arrived and they were even early. Have to say most helpful, put everything together and in all the different rooms as required. Took all the empty cardboard and plastic away. Very personal Service. Nothing was any trouble to them. The furniture is beautiful. Will need another few bits in the future and will be back again. A1 Service. Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Went to Longford on Saturday to see if I could pick up a few bargains for my new house and was very dissapointed. Most of the stuff is far from stylish and seems to be very old stock.
    Did u just go to shop or warehouse too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Newbedshop.com - Authorised Merchant

argosy2006 wrote: »
    i wont take these deals lying down
    :):):):D

Shall I tell you the joke about the bed? No, because it hasn't been made up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

newbedshop.com and dubsuperstar arent related by any chance??

Anyway, all I can say is I found what I needed in bigmickey's shop and his customer service will bring me back time and time again. One very happy customer here!

Ironically enough the only bed in my house that has caused me any trouble was the house warming gift my mother bought me and it cost her thousands from a company in tullamore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Where's he based?

I can't get the link to work in work.

Where's he based?

I can't get the link to work in work.

Had a look at the site, theres no landline number? Could somebody perhaps be hogging a busy thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Tel: 04341895 from the facebook page. Im definitely going to check this place out after reading this thread.

Well do me a favour and report back, letting me know where they are 'cos I'd like to give him a visit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Well do me a favour and report back, letting me know where they are 'cos I'd like to give him a visit too.
    Hes based in Longford (Minard on the Sligo rd)

Gotcha. Ta.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Tel: 04341895 from the facebook page. Im definitely going to check this place out after reading this thread.

Sorry my post was misleading, I was referring to the comments by newbedshop! I've been to bigmickeys place a few times now between beds and various different pieces of furniture and its just outside longford town on the sligo road, you cant miss it. About half an hour from mullingar. What I've found is that its worth giving him a call even outside the sale dates as he gets stuff in from the uk the whole time. I told him I needed some nice chrome bar stools for the breakfast counter and he emailed me a link and hey presto I had my bar stools a week later at a fraction of the list price!
    I also needed a big square coffee table to suit the living room and he picked me one up a week later! The shop and showroom is only a fraction of the stuff he has, there are container loads of stuff round the back.

I've made some serious purchases in the construction of my house (thank you celtic tiger) back when I thought I was a millionaire, and I can honestly say that not one supplier picked up the phone afterwards and asked me how my purchases were and if I was happy with what I'd bought, assuring me that if there were any problems that all I had to do was call them....except for Mick.
    My big house would be very very bare only for him!

Hi all, if its any help i think you have to put 33 in front of that number. it should read 043-33-41895. Mobile is 086-8356888. All the contact details are on the web site www.bigmickey.ie You can't miss the place, its exactly 1 mile past Homebase in the direction of Sligo on the main N4 (Dublin-Sligo Rd). When its open there is a big red infatable man outside blowing outside in the wind. They have loads of adverts on www.donedeal.ie. Just search under www.bigmickey.ie I saved a fortune buying from them. My friends think im telling lies when i told them how much i paid for my stuff. Thanks again boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Just got my delivery about an hour ago....

Well to say we were delighted is an understatement - we got a super king size bed (with 4 drawers), airsprung pillow top mattress, duvet and headboard delivered for €385. He even threw in a free fitted sheet and pillow cases .

They took the stuff up to the room, assembled it and took away the boxes and plastic. Brilliant customer service, even when there was a mistake made by me he was so understanding and eager to help.

I would, and will be, reccommending Big Mickey to every person I know looking for new beds and any other type of furniture. And i'll be getting some new beds for the B&B off him over christmas too. Sound man + sound prices = happy customers. :D

Tepo wrote: »
    Hi all, if its any help i think you have to put 33 in front of that number. it should read 043-33-41895. Mobile is 086-8356888. All the contact details are on the web site www.bigmickey.ie You can't miss the place, its exactly 1 mile past Homebase in the direction of Sligo on the main N4 (Dublin-Sligo Rd). When its open there is a big red infatable man outside blowing outside in the wind. They have loads of adverts on www.donedeal.ie. Just search under www.bigmickey.ie I saved a fortune buying from them. My friends think im telling lies when i told them how much i paid for my stuff. Thanks again boards.

Ok, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I'm sure his stuff is very good, all I was saying is that some of these "WAS" prices have to be taken with a grain of salt

I agree with this BUT (:D) when you see the tat for sale in some of the big stores like HN's etc and their prices it is very believeable to accept the 5k figure.

I was lucky enough to get to go to the manufacturer of high quality furniture and as an extreme example footstools or poofs that would retail in the shop for €1000-1200 and fair enough this was an excess stock sale but they were €200 and he was not losing money.

Have been looking for a decent bed and bigmickey might fit the bill.

Went down to Big Mickeys again yesterday, Got a double bed (4ft) including Airsprung Mattress for only €149. See the link below. It seems very good quality and my visitor said she had a very good sleep in it last night.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/1618093

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

And another satisfied Big Mickey customer.

Two double sprung mattresses, a double bed, a bedside locker and a tallboy for E1,200. Ordered Sunday, delivered yesterday (Wednesday).

Free delivery and I also got him to take away an old mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

We had our bed delivered yesterday and have to say it was money well spent the lads fitted it and removed any paper that came with it.
    It is like sleeping on a bed of air (and cannot wait to get bck into it LOL).
    Today we got a call from big Mickie asking how we got on Last night his service is great and we are very happy campers :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the difference between double sprung, air sprung and pocket sprung?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

BostonB wrote: »
    Whats the difference between double sprung , air sprung and pocket sprung?

Sorry, I meant two double sprung mattresses for two separate double beds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Mister men wrote: »
    Anybody get the Sealy true form mattress in a box from Mick? Thinking of buying one for the bad back and wondering if they are of any use at all.:)

Likewise - anyone get any of these? What are they like?

I got 2 of the Sealy ones about a forthnight ago from Big Mickey. They are deadly. At that stage he only had Kingsize left cos I was looking for a double size and he was out of stock. They are really comfy. His 3-day sale is on on again next weekend 5th November so i can check stock levels and report back. He ordered a headboard for me so i have to pick it up at the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joanofarse

Tepo wrote: »
    Went down to Big Mickeys again yesterday, Got a double bed (4ft) including Airsprung Mattress for only €149. See the link below. It seems very good quality and my visitor said she had a very good sleep in it last night.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bedroom/1618093

As Above, rang yesterday, delivered today. Top service nice lad. Will be doing business again in the future.

Bed + mattress, 2 matching lockers + next day delivery for €264.

Bargain

• Advertisement

Just Reporting back as promised.

Was down in Big Mickey's today at the weekend sale. He is completely sold out of the Mattress in a box (both Sealy & Silent Night) He doubts he will be getting any more of these in as they were a once off but there are hundreds of mattresses in the warehouse. The walls are ready to burst. Even when i was there, a full artic load of beds were been unloaded. There were people collecting with trailers and vans. It was mad busy, You would'nt think that we were in a recession at all by the amount of business that was going on.

I'm happy to have got my Sealy mattress. The saying is true "The early bird gets the worm" :):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement