Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another laptop recommendation thread (Black Friday deals?)

Options
  • 13-11-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a new laptop. My current laptop is an 8 year old Lenovo. It had an upgrade to a SSD and Windows 10 about 3 years ago, which has kept it going a bit longer, but it badly needs to be changed. The HDMI port doesn't work as the hardware is too old and isn't compatible with Windows 10!

Budget: €600
    Must haves: Windows machine, minimum 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, metal body/frame
    Would like: backlit keyboard

I'd love a MS Surface but can't justify the cost. Of all the laptops I've had, I found my netbook the most handy. With that in mind, I'd prefer a smaller laptop, 13" ideally, but happy enough to go to 14".
    It'll mainly be used for general browsing, streaming sport and Netflix, Word, Excel, iTunes music collection, etc.
    I'm not in a rush and happy to wait for any deals that might pop up on Black Friday. Buying online or in store is fine by me, but I want to buy new, I'm not interested in second hand laptops.

All recommendations appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement