Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-01-2019, 20:55   #31
John_Rambo

I rented out an unfurnished property. I attracted better tenants than when I rented it furnished, they looked after the property better and they signed lucrative long contracts. Much better than transient short term tenants.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2019, 15:17   #32
Ray Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Rambo View Post
I rented out an unfurnished property. I attracted better tenants than when I rented it furnished, they looked after the property better and they signed lucrative long contracts. Much better than transient short term tenants.
I did too and was left with furniture when they moved out each time. Marks on walls where they attached them or they rubbed against walls.

It doesn't make any difference to those renting I found. The main issue is with who is responsible for up keep. Having argument about who owns the fridge and cooker because they threw out the stuff there. Unfurnished apparently meant they could throw out anything the didn't like or want. They were in the process of throwing out my washing machine before I found out they had dumped the fridge and cooker. Found the cooker had been dumped on the street too.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion