Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bob24 wrote: »
    Basically this is why it looks like yes!

From what I gather there was a subsidiary in the Middle East which was creating loads of fake business and supposedly sending the profits to the Philippines, just to inflate the books.

EY and German regulators will indeed have some explaining to do.

And still you decide to ignore Tether!

Cognitive bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

And still you decide to ignore Tether!

Cognitive bias.

Care to clarify which post you are referring to?

Just got a notification from the app saying the card is working again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Just got a notification from the app saying the card is working again ...

That was quick. Also the COVID-19 promotions have been extended another 3 months.

Shamo wrote: »
    That was quick. Also the COVID-19 promotions have been extended another 3 months.

Yes ... basically I think U.K. authorities realised the massive impact of what they did and decided to allow Wirecard UK to process transactions again while they find out if a solution can be found for all these cards.

I hope that crypto.com won’t get complacent and that they will keep working on switching to another card issuer though, as Wirecard could go dark again anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Here's hoping I actually receive my card soon then :)
    It's been at "issued" for the last 2 weeks with no sign of it shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

banie01 wrote: »
    Here's hoping I actually receive my card soon then :)
    It's been at "issued" for the last 2 weeks with no sign of it shipping.

Similar timeframe here. Will post once it lands.

Just something to be aware of regarding SEPA withdrawals on the Crypto.com App. I made a request to withdraw Euros 27/06. It only got processed this morning 02/07 and I expect another day now for it to land in my bank account. 5 days!

Now they do say on the app the transfers take 3 to 5 working days but every other exchange I've used takes a max of 2 days end to end for SEPA.

SkySter wrote: »
    Just something to be aware of regarding SEPA withdrawals on the Crypto.com App. I made a request to withdraw Euros 27/06. It only got processed this morning 02/07 and I expect another day now for it to land in my bank account. 5 days!

Just noticed that myself as I've been waiting since Saturday for it to be processed which is slower than any other SEPA withdrawal I've tried in the crypto world.

Shamo wrote: »
    Just noticed that myself as I've been waiting since Saturday for it to be processed which is slower than any other SEPA withdrawal I've tried in the crypto world.

This 3 to 5 working day "processing" step is a bit much for what should be a completely automatic transfer exercise. It is our money after all...

Anyway now I know. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Crypto.com this afternoon

Upon request by Wirecard UK, we will be temporarily suspending crypto top-ups to EUR wallet on the MCO Visa Cards today.

We believe it’s a temporary inconvenience and are working on a solution to re-enable this feature as soon as possible.

With kind regards,
    The Crypto.com Team

I've the card on the way, but this reduces the value of it considerably in my eyes. :(

I've the card on the way, but this reduces the value of it considerably in my eyes. :(

Yes got the same.

The way I read it (I could be wrong), it might not be such a huge deal.

I think what they mean is that you won't be able to directly top-up you debit card balance with lets say bitcoin.

But as far as I understand it, there shouldn't be anything preventing you from selling your bitcoins for euros in your FIAT wallet, and then using these euros to top-up your debit card balance.

It means one more step in the process which obviously is a step backwards in terms of ease of use; but as a temporary work around it is not a huge deal.

Yes got the same.

The way I read it (I could be wrong), it might not be such a huge deal.

I think what they mean is that you won't be able to directly top-up you debit card balance with lets say bitcoin.

But as far as I understand it, there shouldn't be anything preventing you from selling your bitcoins for euros in your FIAT wallet, and then using these euros to top-up your debit card balance.

It means one more step in the process which obviously is a step back ways in terms of ease of use; but as a temporary work around it is not a huge deal either.

I took it to mean the card is essentially Euro only for now with no ability to swap Crypto in or out. Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong. We'll see.

Lads jus a quick crypto.com app question.
    Is anyone else not able to access the app settings via the gearwheel on top left of the app home screen?

i.e, in the app home tab, top of the screen on the left side.
    Tapping settings does absolutely nothing, screen is fine and that zone responds to touch in other apps.

Anyone else? Or just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Is anyone else not able to access the app settings via the gearwheel on top left of the app home screen?

Tapping settings does absolutely nothing, screen is fine and that zone responds to touch in other apps.

Anyone else? Or just me.

It opens settings fine for me

Works fine for me as well. Latest version of the App on an iPhone.

Got an email from Crypto.com this afternoon

Upon request by Wirecard UK, we will be temporarily suspending crypto top-ups to EUR wallet on the MCO Visa Cards today.

We believe it’s a temporary inconvenience and are working on a solution to re-enable this feature as soon as possible.

With kind regards,
    The Crypto.com Team

For reference, I just got an email saying crypto top-ups have been re-enabled.

For reference, I just got an email saying crypto top-ups have been re-enabled.

Funny I was tracking that but was able to topup with Revolut's debit card yesterday. Woops, can't read, it was only Euro card topup with crypto that was down...

Anyone else? Or just me.

It opens settings fine for me

Thanks for that.
    It gets stranger, if I force the crypto.com app into Landscape mode it works!

Generally that would point to a touchscreen/digitiser issue and a resultant deadapot on the panel.

Thing is that when I run touchscreen diagnostics, the entire panel passes fine but in particular every touch on the top left registers perfectly.

It has me stymied, I can work around it.
    It's just that what would normally almost 100% be a handset issue, this time definitely isn't.

Anyone who applied for their card on/after the 6/6 received it yet?

Thanks for that.
    It gets stranger, if I force the crypto.com app into Landscape mode it works!

Generally that would point to a touchscreen/digitiser issue and a resultant deadapot on the panel.

Thing is that when I run touchscreen diagnostics, the entire panel passes fine but in particular every touch on the top left registers perfectly.

It has me stymied, I can work around it.
    It's just that what would normally almost 100% be a handset issue, this time definitely isn't.

Anyone who applied for their card on/after the 6/6 received it yet?

Still waiting on mine. Issued around 13/6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I have started investing some spare cash into CRO. The 1St July i bought CRO and staked it for 3 months at 16% right away. My plan is to buy more the next 2 months and have 3x 3 month earnings revolving, one finishing and being reinvested with the earnings every month. The time to buy CRO is just after a syndicate, there is always a drop in price as people dump their staked CRO they bought to get into the syndicate

I have started investing some spare cash into CRO. The 1St July i bought CRO and staked it for 3 months at 16% right away. My plan is to buy more the next 2 months and have 3x 3 month earnings revolving, one finishing and being reinvested with the earnings every month. The time to buy CRO is just after a syndicate, there is always a drop in price as people dump their staked CRO they bought to get into the syndicate
    Is there a Timetable that shows when these Syndicates take place?

I thought there was a minimum amount required for staking CRO. Can you just buy small amounts regularly and get a high % return?

I'm also trying to choose a card. Do you have to wait 6 months for the cards that require MCO staking before receiving the cards?

Is there a Timetable that shows when these Syndicates take place?

I thought there was a minimum amount required for staking CRO. Can you just buy small amounts regularly and get a high % return?

I'm also trying to choose a card. Do you have to wait 6 months for the cards that require MCO staking before receiving the cards?

The syndicates are at least once a month, the next one is the 14th but I'm not ready to invest then, I'll wait until next month's as I'm paid the last day of the month

The minimum you can invest in earn for CRO is 5000, it's different for each. At the moment 5000 CRO is €630, it was 560 last week, it's on a constant steady upward trend but drops right after a syndicate

You get the card and the benefits as soon as you've staked MCO, it's locked away for 6 months. Once you remove the stake you'll loose the benefits

519549.jpg

The syndicates are at least once a month, the next one is the 14th but I'm not ready to invest then, I'll wait until next month's as I'm paid the last day of the month

The minimum you can invest in earn for CRO is 5000, it's different for each. At the moment 5000 CRO is €630, it was 560 last week, it's on a constant steady upward trend but drops right after a syndicate

You get the card and the benefits as soon as you've staked MCO, it's locked away for 6 months. Once you remove the stake you'll loose the benefits

519549.jpg

Thanks, that's helpful.

What is the returned interest rate on the staked CRO?

Am I correct in this:
    Assuming you have sayings to invest, in order to get the best CRO rate it's better to buy the minimum of 5000 CRO for around €600 after the 14th of every month.

Thanks, that's helpful.

What is the returned interest rate on the staked CRO?

Am I correct in this:
    Assuming you have sayings to invest, in order to get the best CRO rate it's better to buy the minimum of 5000 CRO for around €600 after the 14th of every month.

Staking CRO for 3 months returns 16%apr, 1 month 14% or flexible at 12% with a minimum 5000 CRO stake.

The syndicate isn't always the 14th, you get plenty of notice through emails and in app ads, just have the Fiat there ready to buy when it's over. The last syndicate was one of the last days of June

You might be aware already, but if you stake the CROs on the exchange you can get 20% interest (but they are stuck in their for the first 6 months).

You might be aware already, but if you stake the CROs on the exchange you can get 20% interest (but they are stuck in their for the first 6 months).

No, wasn't aware of that I've never signed up to exchange, signing up now

Staking CRO for 3 months returns 16%apr, 1 month 14% or flexible at 12% with a minimum 5000 CRO stake.

The syndicate isn't always the 14th, you get plenty of notice through emails and in app ads, just have the Fiat there ready to buy when it's over. The last syndicate was one of the last days of June

If you stake CRO for 3 months and then withdraw it do you receive 16%?

Can you sign up for notifications of the Syndicates. I don't see any option to do so in the app.

• Advertisement

If you stake CRO for 3 months and then withdraw it do you receive 16%?

Can you sign up for notifications of the Syndicates. I don't see any option to do so in the app.

No, it's 16%APR (annual percentage rate), it's paid weekly
    The updates are through email you'll also see than in crypto news on the app homepage

Advertisement