Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fromvert wrote: »
    I don't like any of the 4.5m keepers or even the 5.0m ones. Think I may even have to do TAA to VVD and get a 5.5m and just set him and forget about it. I chucked Martinez into my team playing the wild card but he plays for Villa, they conceded 67 goals last year.

Yes but that was without Martinez in goal.....
    :)

Goalkeepers rarely get much of my attention. I'm happy with Martinez but not expecting much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't like any of the 4.5m keepers or even the 5.0m ones. Think I may even have to do TAA to VVD and get a 5.5m and just set him and forget about it. I chucked Martinez into my team playing the wild card but he plays for Villa, they conceded 67 goals last year.

Yeah I treated myself to Guaita. Meant I had to get a 4.5 defender instead of Reece James, but there's options from the likes of Burnley that are better defensively then Chelsea (already have Lampety)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Fromvert wrote:

Yeah Serious lack of options this year, had Leno from the start and think he'll be the best option over the course of the season but terrible short term fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yeah Serious lack of options this year, had Leno from the start and think he'll be the best option over the course of the season but terrible short term fixtures

Leno could be the shout, I have Bellerin as an attacking defensive option but he may have to be changed if I go for Leno. And there's plenty of 4.5/5.0 defenders to slot in.

PARlance wrote: »
    Yes but that was without Martinez in goal.....
    :)

Goalkeepers rarely get much of my attention. I'm happy with Martinez but not expecting much.

I'm very much the same and used to take the same approach with defence too but TAA, Robertson, VVD point hauls over the last two years has made me invest more money back there.

• Advertisement

Is there a list of who the peno takers are at each club? The new handball rule will surely mean more penos.

Last three seasons have averaged the below, tiny sample size for this year so take with a pinch of salt but it's quite a jump!

2017/18 - 80 penalties over 38 game weeks = 2.1 penalties a week
    2018/19 - 103 penalties over 38 game weeks = 2.7 penalties a week
    2019/20 - 91 penalties over 38 games weeks = 2.4 penalties a week
    2020/21 - 13 penalties over 2 game weeks = 6.5 penalties a week

Just stack your team with peno takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is there a list of who the peno takers are at each club? The new handball rule will surely mean more penos.

Last three seasons have averaged the below, tiny sample size for this year so take with a pinch of salt but it's quite a jump!

2017/18 - 80 penalties over 38 game weeks = 2.1 penalties a week
    2018/19 - 103 penalties over 38 game weeks = 2.7 penalties a week
    2019/20 - 91 penalties over 38 games weeks = 2.4 penalties a week
    2020/21 - 13 penalties over 2 game weeks = 6.5 penalties a week

Just stack your team with peno takers?

Yea i posted this last week there is a section on the FF website - although i don't know how up to date it is.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    this may be old news - but i just found the scout function on FF provides details of penalty takes/fee kicks etc for each team:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/set-piece-takers

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭jams100

Where has Wilfred Zaha played in the first two games? Has he been a striker? Will he be taking penalties if there regular taker (Milenkovic) doesn't play which he basically hasn't. If so, then Zaha at 7.1 wouldn't be terrible value imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Set on 7 of Martinez, TAA, Robertson, KDB, Salah, Mitro, Jiminez. And will have 4 bench fodder slots coming from the usual suspects - just depends on formation which ones I choose.

Few close calls then for final 4 slots:

Which 2 would you want from Reece James, Saiss and Podence?

Son or Werner?

DCL or James Rod?

Which 2 would you want from Reece James, Saiss and Podence?

Son or Werner?

DCL or James Rod?

Saiss, Podence, Son and JamRod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Just played the WC , thoughts

Martinez

Robertson
    Lamptey
    Justin

Salah
    KDB
    James R
    Foden
    Son

Calvert Lewyin
    Werner

Brewster
    Steer
    Ferguson
    Dunne

Anyone ?

Minime2.5 wrote:
    Anyone ?

Change Ferguson to Mitchell, rest is fairly template for WC. Not sure on the Foden pick myself but hard to know with Pep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

still debating, any opinions on

Martinez, Steer

Mitchell, Robbo, VVD, Lamptey, Saiss,

KDB, Podence, Anguissa, Son, Rodriguez

DCL, Jesus, Werner

Probably need to go tonight to avoid price rises etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Martinez, Steer

DCL, Jesus, Werner

Looks good to me....I have landed on a similarish structure with slightly different personnel.

I've moved away from double Liverpool defence fwiw....too much money tied up and more high risk with all the recent var shenanigans

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Looks good to me....I have landed on a similarish structure with slightly different personnel.

I've moved away from double Liverpool defence fwiw....too much money tied up and more high risk with all the recent var shenanigans

Thank you, yeah the double Liverpool is a decision still to take, however I would prefer Robbo over TAA.

The bigger problem is that would only leave me with one Liverpool which seems a bit of a risk with their upcoming run.

It feels very very early to be playing it - though it is good to see some of the better players in here in the same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭jams100

Martinez, Steer

DCL, Jesus, Werner

Personally I'd try get jimenez into the front 3, although they aren't bad i just think he'll be reliable enough

jams100 wrote: »
    Personally I'd try get jimenez into the front 3, although they aren't bad i just think he'll be reliable enough

Thanks Podence is a big of a cover for that (a poor one to be fair likely)

I just feel Jesus is more likely to get an 11 point haul whereas Jimmi will tick over with a 6, 8, 5 etc

And I am soo far behind already!

Edit: ITS DONE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Martinez

Robertson
    Lamptey
    Justin

Salah
    KDB
    James R
    Foden
    Son

Calvert Lewyin
    Werner

Brewster
    Steer
    Ferguson
    Dunne

You could be in trouble for starters. Foden will be in and out, Brewster might not go to SHU, Ferguson is out, Dunne is a stop gap for Men and Justin for Perreira

I've pulled the trigger

Ryan/Steele

Holding/Mitchell/Konsa/Lamptey/Robbo

Salah/KDB/Podence/Rodriguez/Burke

DCL/Jimi/Jesus

OR

Ryan/Steele

Holding/Mitchell/Konsa/VVD/Robbo

Salah/KDB/Podence/Trossard/Burke

DCL/Jimi/Jesus

OR

Ryan/Steele

Holding/Ferguson/Konsa/Ward/Robbo

Salah/KDB/Podence/Rodriguez/Mahrez

DCL/Jimi/Wood

Last one is probably the least likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote:
    I've pulled the trigger

Green&Red wrote:
    Ryan/Steele

Green&Red wrote:
    Holding/Mitchell/Konsa/Lamptey/Robbo

Green&Red wrote:
    Salah/KDB/Podence/Rodriguez/Burke

Green&Red wrote:
    DCL/Jimi/Jesus

Green&Red wrote:
    Ryan/Steele

Green&Red wrote:
    OR

Green&Red wrote:
    Holding/Mitchell/Konsa/VVD/Robbo

Green&Red wrote:
    Salah/KDB/Podence/Trossard/Burke

Green&Red wrote:
    DCL/Jimi/Jesus

Why so tied to Konsa and Holding? Arsenal fixtures not great for next few games

Why so tied to Konsa and Holding? Arsenal fixtures not great for next few games

Don’t plan on any defence subs if I can help it. I think SHU and Leicester could be clean sheets for Arsenal

Villa should also be a little tighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Going to wait until Saturday morning to finalise team in case I can get a couple of price changes in my favour but now looking at going with:

Martinez
    Robertson, James, Saiss, Keane
    Salah, De Bruyne, Rodriquez, Klich
    Ings, Werner(c)

Ryan, Mitrovic, Anguissa, Mitchell

Any suggestions for improvements appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Pulled the trigger out of frustration already

Mccarthy
    TAA Justin James (Mitchell and Bernardo)
    KDB Podence Oriel Romeu
    Finally two midfielder
    Salah or Aubu
    Greenwood or Rodriguez

Jimi Kane Mitrovoic

What we thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jesus...only a couple of hours in to wildcarding and I'm on draft number 398 already

Martinez | Nyland

VVD | Saiss | Taylor | Lamptey | Mitchell

Salah | KDB | Son | JamRod | Anguissa

DCL | Jiminez | Wood

Not far off finalising I think...not 100% sure on the Everton double up (???)

Alternatives would be something like Zaha and keep 0.5m in the bank or switch VVD to Robbo. Is there a danger JamRod might be an assist assister?

Also not 100% yet on Wood although he looked half decent against Leicester and has server me well in the past

Jesus...only a couple of hours in to wildcarding and I'm on draft number 398 already

Martinez | Nyland

DCL | Jiminez | Wood

Alternatives would be something like Zaha and keep 0.5m in the bank or switch VVD to Robbo. Is there a danger JamRod might be an assist assister?

Also not 100% yet on Wood although he looked half decent against Leicester and has server me well in the past

Like it, I've had the Everton attacking double up dilemma and I've decided 1 is enough. Doubling up Everton over other teams is probably a little kneejerk was what I settled with. I made peace with that by putting JamRod into the assist the assister bracket.

They're still causing me problems though as I'm set on Richarlison over DCL.

Wood is solid, he's not in my team but I had planned to get him in before the season started.

but1er wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger out of frustration already

Mccarthy
    TAA Justin James (Mitchell and Bernardo)
    KDB Podence Oriel Romeu
    Finally two midfielder
    Salah or Aubu
    Greenwood or Rodriguez

Jimi Kane Mitrovoic

What we thinking?

I am dropping McCarthy after he has conceded 6 goals in two games so that would be my main question about the above selections.

Martinez | Nyland

DCL | Jiminez | Wood

I like the wood pick, it’s the hardest line to pick three for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

macraignil wrote: »
    I am dropping McCarthy after he has conceded 6 goals in two games so that would be my main question about the above selections.

Who you thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Going to wait until Saturday morning to finalise team in case I can get a couple of price changes in my favour but now looking at going with:

Martinez
    Robertson, James, Saiss, Keane
    Salah, De Bruyne, Rodriquez, Klich
    Ings, Werner(c)

Ryan, Mitrovic, Anguissa, Mitchell

Any suggestions for improvements appreciated.

Three 5.0 defenders is madness imo given the lack of CSs so far this season. The likes of Saiss and Keane might not get another attacking point for the rest of the season. Given the amount of goals being scored, I can see you very quickly deciding to save money in defense to invest further up the pitch. Lamptey is a more likely source of attacking returns and for 0.5 less. Also having such an expensive defense and then spending 6.0 on Mitro to be on your bench makes no sense. I'd rather have two 4.5 defs and rotate them and spend a bit more on a striker, plenty of options at 6.5.

A team without any TAA or Robbo looks lovely

Ryan/Steele

Konsa/Holding/Marcel/James/Taylor

Son/KDB/Salah/Podence/Burke

DCL/Jimi/Jesus

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Three 5.0 defenders is madness imo given the lack of CSs so far this season. The likes of Saiss and Keane might not get another attacking point for the rest of the season. Given the amount of goals being scored, I can see you very quickly deciding to save money in defense to invest further up the pitch. Lamptey is a more likely source of attacking returns and for 0.5 less. Also having such an expensive defense and then spending 6.0 on Mitro to be on your bench makes no sense. I'd rather have two 4.5 defs and rotate them and spend a bit more on a striker, plenty of options at 6.5.

I think Keane at 5.0 will get a few more attacking points. He is a big threat at set pieces, and they look good at them.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Good points. There are some 4.5 defenders that look like good options and Lamptey and maybe Taylor might make there way into the team if I can find a good use for the money elsewhere. I'm still thinking of a Liverpool defensive double up after they play Arsenal with Robertson and Alexander-Arnold and it seemed like it could be worth while after they kept a clean sheet against Chelsea. It is easier to go from a 5mill defender to Alexander-Arnold's 7.5mill and it gives me the option to swap out Ings or Werner depending on who is scoring better.

Mitrovic is only on the bench this week since I have the Aston Villa goalkeeper and I could see him play most weeks as he has goals in him this season in my opinion and I think he could be good value at that price. Finding it much more difficult to pick a wildcard team this year.

Thanks for the advice.

PARlance wrote: »
    I think Keane at 5.0 will get a few more attacking points. He is a big threat at set pieces, and they look good at them.

The FPL wire podcast suggested Coleman as a way into that defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Mitrovic is only on the bench this week since I have the Aston Villa goalkeeper and I could see him play most weeks as he has goals in him this season in my opinion and I think he could be good value at that price. Finding it much more difficult to pick a wildcard team this year.

Thanks for the advice.

If you are starting Mitro regularly then you are benching one of your 5.0 defs which also isn't a good use of funds.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »

Yeah hes a very good way in, had been thinking of getting him last week even. Digne is probably worth the 1m more but the general lack of clean sheets does make spending 6m hard to take.

Coleman does still get forward and had an attcking threat even without the set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Martinez

Robertson
    Lamptey
    Justin

Salah
    KDB
    James R
    Foden
    Son

Calvert Lewyin
    Werner

Brewster
    Steer
    Ferguson
    Dunne

I down graded foden to potence and upgraded Robertson to Arnold. Where should I put the extra 0.5 . Probably into one of my fodder on the bench but who. I could keep Robertson and I'd have 1.0m. Thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't think Coleman has been the same player at all since the horror tackle 3 years ago. His attacking returns have been very mediocre since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Don't think Coleman has been the same player at all since the horror tackle 3 years ago. His attacking returns have been very mediocre since then.

Looks back close to his best so far this season by all accounts. I know it's only 2 games but positive signs

More touches in the box than Digne this season (I know it’s only two games)

• Advertisement

What’s the thoughts on Grealish? Will Watkins make much difference? On penalties apparently

Compare him to Rodriguez, Barnes and Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Coleman looks really sharp this year. Have you watched them play?

What’s the thoughts on Grealish? Will Watkins make much difference? On penalties apparently

I would probably rank them:
    Rodriguez
    Barnes
    Grealish
    Zaha

It appears that Zaha is on penalties - which from a FF pov would move him above Barnes/Grelish imo.

Comparing him to Rodriguez - comes down to your opinion of what he brings to Everton - is he an assists the assists type player? Will he be on set plays much? is there better value in Ricky/DCL ?

It appears that Zaha is on penalties - which from a FF pov would move him above Barnes/Grelish imo.

Comparing him to Rodriguez - comes down to your opinion of what he brings to Everton - is he an assists the assists type player? Will he be on set plays much? is there better value in Ricky/DCL ?

I have DCL and am reluctant to double up on their attack.

Where is milliwhatever for Palace?

I have DCL and am reluctant to double up on their attack.

Where is milliwhatever for Palace?

He seems to have lost his place to James McCarthy

4.5/4.0 keepers TBC (May stretch to a 5m keeper if funds permit)
    Coleman, Saiss, Lamptey, Justin (or maybe KWP), 4.0
    Salah, KDB, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Werner, Jiminez, DCL

1m in bank at that assuming Werner eventually drops in price.

No Liverpool defence teams look great till you realise they have no Liverpool defence. :o

But if Coleman or Saiss (with those superb fixtures) can get a 6 or 7 pointer when Trent gets his 15 it's a matter of what the 2.5m for you elsewhere. Gonna gamble without most likely. Its 2 transfers to revert.

KWP - I know Southampton have been awful but they surely have to tighten up a bit. And kwp rotates quite well with Lamptey and has looked to have good assist potential so far. Justin has looked good but still could be dropped when Pereira returns. James at 5.0 also remains a gametime risk I think.

Dont know if this Burke fella is worth the risk. He played OOP but is he in any way nailed? Especially if and when SHU sign a striker. Bissouma is the best 4.5 mid otherwise I think and may go with him despite the suspension.

Jiminez is pricey for not being explosive in the past, but with those fixtures perhaps his ceiling is higher and even captainable.

Werner I want and will probably captain against WBA but needs to justify his spot pretty quick after that. Can be swapped to a lot of options especially with 1m in bank.

Cant see what to spend the 1m on right now. It doesnt change a 5m def to a liverpool def. It doesnt change a Podence to a Hamez, and I dont think spending it on say Klitch as a 5th mid is worth it. And I dont see many of the 5m keepers worth 0.5 more than the 4.5 options.
    Rather keep it for flexibility for now.

That's my current thinking. Feedback welcomed.

FHFC wrote: »
    Salah, KWP, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Werner, Jiminez, DCL

Whatever about having KWP - i wouldn't have him twice in my team :pac:

Whatever about having KWP - i wouldn't have him twice in my team :pac:

Ha, KDB obviously. My autocorrect learning players is a bit of a bad sign! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Salah, KWP, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Werner, Jiminez, DCL

1m in bank at that assuming Werner eventually drops in price.

No Liverpool defence teams look great till you realise they have no Liverpool defence. :o

But if Coleman or Saiss (with those superb fixtures) can get a 6 or 7 pointer when Trent gets his 15 it's a matter of what the 2.5m for you elsewhere. Gonna gamble without most likely. Its 2 transfers to revert.

KWP - I know Southampton have been awful but they surely have to tighten up a bit. And kwp rotates quite well with Lamptey and has looked to have good assist potential so far. Justin has looked good but still could be dropped when Pereira returns. James at 5.0 also remains a gametime risk I think.

Dont know if this Burke fella is worth the risk. He played OOP but is he in any way nailed? Especially if and when SHU sign a striker. Bissouma is the best 4.5 mid otherwise I think and may go with him despite the suspension.

Jiminez is pricey for not being explosive in the past, but with those fixtures perhaps his ceiling is higher and even captainable.

Werner I want and will probably captain against WBA but needs to justify his spot pretty quick after that. Can be swapped to a lot of options especially with 1m in bank.

Cant see what to spend the 1m on right now. It doesnt change a 5m def to a liverpool def. It doesnt change a Podence to a Hamez, and I dont think spending it on say Klitch as a 5th mid is worth it. And I dont see many of the 5m keepers worth 0.5 more than the 4.5 options.
    Rather keep it for flexibility for now.

I think a Liverpool defender is worth having, if they start keeping CS you will lose ground quickly. All 3 premium options do provide attacking returns at an acceptable level for the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement