Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It’s **** you missed out in the draft. Although it saved you the tension.

Auto pick didn’t work out too badly for you but I’m sure it’s knocked a bit of the shine off for you already.

Pepe probably the glaring pick you wouldn’t have made.

That was my point, there was no auto-pick, I had my watchlist set up since the weekend

I fancy Arsenal and Pepe to do well, have him in my GW1 team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Did we spot CSF was gonna walk it last year? Always hard to know until the games start. Transfers could effect us big time this year too.

Reasonably happy with my team but auto picked Pogba by mistake - who knows it might work out. I've got a lot more injury prone players than I might have normally picked without time panic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Interesting tactics from CSF, he went all in on defence and got TAA and Robertson. I did the opposite and picked my attack first.
    I did the same last year. I had Trent towards the end of the first round on my board (I believe there is still more to come) so was delighted to be able to pick him up after Sterling in the first.

Appreciate the kind words klopparama and reckon we were likely on the same wavelengths as alot of your players were people I would have wanted at similar stages, which probably explains the high opinions of each other's teams.

And interestingly we actually play each other in week 1. Good week to get me, since I'd be one of the guys whose first round pick doesn't play week 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Green&Red wrote: »
    That was my point, there was no auto-pick, I had my watchlist set up since the weekend

Kean was surely last on ur list! ;-)

I fancy Arsenal and Pepe to do well, have him in my GW1 team

I see. Still reckon you’d have done better ‘live’.

Your order would have changed. Anyway.

I added to my watch list but I did it alphabetically (Arsenal to wolves) so my watch list saved them in that order. Then I couldn’t reorder my watch list by just clicking on ‘draft number order’. Terrible website. So I deleted it and set two alarms. Had 2 coffees at 6.15am. Buzzing off my tits now.

Did we spot CSF was gonna walk it last year? Always hard to know until the games start. Transfers could effect us big time this year too.

Reasonably happy with my team but auto picked Pogba by mistake - who knows it might work out. I've got a lot more injury prone players than I might have normally picked without time panic!
    I was not one of the teams people were hot on the thread after last year's draft night, no. I had a really good feeling about my own one though, probably moreso than I do this year's. All of which likely means nowt in the grand scheme of things.

Kean was surely last on ur list! ;-)

He definitely was!

Jesus.

I drafted Sigurdsson. Panic draft if there was ever one.

Does he even get in to the Everton team anymore ?

Jesus.

I drafted Sigurdsson. Panic draft if there was ever one.

Does he even get in to the Everton team anymore ?
    Depends where James is going to play really. If they're playing Allan and Doucoure in the middle and play James wide, he could be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bloody hell, hadn’t got this thread saved as a follow and thought the draft was on Tuesday night.

Went looking for thread now to see what the crack was for tomorrow!

Good luck all

CSF wrote: »
    Depends where James is going to play really. If they're playing Allan and Doucoure in the middle and play James wide, he could be a good option.

Good. Then my brain processed all that information, at the time, and that’s why I did i it.

Good old brain. Maybe I haven’t damaged it irrevocably after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Nice try Eoghan, i was tempted by your first trade offer until i saw the 2nd :-)

Offered
    Traoré
    WOL

Man Utd
    Pogba
    MUN

Requested

Arsenal
    Saka
    ARS

Chelsea
    Havertz
    CHE

Any Spurs fans in this league ?

Nice try Eoghan, i was tempted by your first trade offer until i saw the 2nd :-)

Offered
    Traoré
    WOL

Man Utd
    Pogba
    MUN

Requested

Arsenal
    Saka
    ARS

Chelsea
    Havertz
    CHE

He tried me too! - Pogba & Adams for Redmond & Ings!

Testing the waters I think!

Hoping someone is a Pogba fan - tried giving more with the second player offered to tip the balance into making it legitimate offer but it’s hard to come up offer that both parties are happy with.

• Advertisement

Pogba off penalties lowers his appeal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hoping someone is a Pogba fan - tried giving more with the second player offered to tip the balance into making it legitimate offer but it’s hard to come up offer that both parties are happy with.

Your 2nd player offer to me was your Baldock to my VVD?!

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Your 2nd player offer to me was your Baldock to my VVD?!

Was probably offering you Pogba for your worst mid? Redmond it was off memory..

So essentially it would be Pogba for Van Djik and then Baldock for Redmond.. still a reach I admit. Auto pick of Pogba hurts - he could come good though if he's fit so maybe I'll be happy in the end.

I’ve received no trade offers. My guys are starting to feel a bit unwanted. Poor Mason hasn’t slept in days.

I drafted Alli for the second year in a row. Got rid of him fairly promptly last time.

He’s available. I don’t like having players I don’t like (in real life) in my team. Although I can probably afford to hold him for a few weeks as it’s not an urgent issue.

Will set a reminder next year to not draft Alli.

• Advertisement

It was a long shot but I was hoping a few people had forgotten about today's waiver deadline! :(

It was a long shot but I was hoping a few people had forgotten about today's waiver deadline! :(

I wanted Rodriguez, but I got Wilson at least, is there a list of who else got taken?

The FPL Draft section should open on the 'Status' tab - and then on right under your own information (favourite club, etc) is a 'View Transactions' button - then just select 'all' under the Manager drop-down list!

I wanted Rodriguez, but I got Wilson at least, is there a list of who else got taken?

Looking through the list, i'm glad you got him - the waivers are so important in terms of c0ckblocking! :D

I was offered a trade but only seen it now as I don’t log in to the draft section during the week.

Maybe it’s an idea to notify someone you made an offer, in this thread, so at least it might be spotted before the free waiver.

You don’t have to detail the offer on the thread just ‘I made you an offer’ kind of thing.

Looking through the list, i'm glad you got him - the waivers are so important in terms of c0ckblocking! :D

I have no idea whether I should feel complemented or offended

Think ye missed trick not getting Wilson

Triple Arsenal defence this weekend - yikes

I have no idea whether I should feel complemented or offended

A compliment of course, for the having the foresight to pick him up! ;)

But looking at Green&Red's team, I think Wilson would have strengthened his attack more with Kean being extra rubbish! :D

A compliment of course, for the having the foresight to pick him up! ;)

But looking at Green&Red's team, I think Wilson would have strengthened his attack more with Kean being extra rubbish! :D

Ok I think I understand, and yes I am also pleased at taking Wilson as a 2nd choice waiver pick this week

• Advertisement

Kean burned me last year so I'm extra negative when it comes to him!

Ok I think I understand, and yes I am also pleased at taking Wilson as a 2nd choice waiver pick this week

Any interest in a Foden swap?

Any interest in a Foden swap?

Not too interested in Foden

Not too interested in Foden

For Torres yeah ?

For Torres yeah ?
    Not really interested in any of the Man City midfielders other than KDB, Sterling and Mahrez given the H2H nature of the league. Hard to get reliable minutes on a week to week basis, and of the ones that aren't nailed, only Mahrez has that explosiveness that makes the weeks he misses worth it.

Solid triple up on the Arsenal defence

Solid triple up on the Arsenal defence
    Arsenal and United are teams I ended up completely without in this. Arsenal very much a game of 2 halves today. First half, they looked really ropey and probably doing well to be ahead. Second half, they really really looked the part.

Excellent, my plan to get 1st pick in the next waivers has come to fruition! :rolleyes:

Excellent, my plan to get 1st pick in the next waivers has come to fruition! :rolleyes:

Who are you gonna pick?

• Advertisement

Who are you gonna pick?

Looking for something in a new midfielder - possibly to replace Redmond as have too many players from Southampton, need to build out my selection of players from different clubs to jump on good fixtures!

* Edit - Man Utd loan signing of Bale classified as a midfielder would be welcome! :D

Looking for something in a new midfielder - possibly to replace Redmond as have too many players from Southampton, need to build out my selection of players from different clubs to jump on good fixtures!

* Edit - Man Utd loan signing of Bale classified as a midfielder would be welcome! :D

I'd be worried about Bales commitment, ignore that lad :-)

That Podence waiver pick looking a lot better right now with that Jota news.

Was surprised to pick up Bamford

One of the things I love about draft is a full new back line each week

Zaha on my bench with 15 points :-(

Was surprised to pick up Bamford

One of the things I love about draft is a full new back line each week

Think Bamford could be last years Pukki

• Advertisement

Zaha on my bench with 15 points :-(

Boo hoo, you’re extending your lead no matter what

Boo hoo, you’re extending your lead no matter what

That arsenal match definitely went my way.

Trimm Trabbs & Son keeping Dearg honest!!

Not good for Klopp either

I have him in FPL so I wasn't too unhappy. It makes the tie interesting now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement