Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Thanks 1234567 really appreciate that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just in our Lidl there, I think we're getting the blue wafer bars as a scratch card reward this week judging by the sheer amount on the end shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Just in our Lidl there, I think we're getting the blue wafer bars as a scratch card reward this week judging by the sheer amount on the end shelf.

They were in mine too. They always seem to be given away.

There was antibacterial hand cream too and the bake at home petit pains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The saga continues..

They gave me some vouchers to make up for the multiple activated coupons which didn't apply to my previous purchase - and the new voucher (given as compensation) didn't apply to today's purchase either! App scanned in fine but nothing discounted.

What a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I've had some problems with the app too but all was forgiven with those free jelly babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

And when I said I scanned the app after purchase to make sure voucher was redeemed, and balance reduced, others on here kept saying they never had a problem with app not working. Well clearly it doesn't always work

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭crayon80

There is a survey on the app now to sign up for a free period product each month

Part baked rolls or Chocolate Wafer Bars on scratcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve scanned the thread but so many pages, sorry if already been answered.
    I rarely shop in Lidl and when I do it is generally small value, maybe lunches or an odd snack.
    Sometimes will pick up some of their olive oils. Don’t buy any of their own brand cleaning or toiletries.
    After buying a good bit of stuff from the middle aisle over the years I generally don’t bother with it anymore as I realised that most of it is cheap crap!

So is it worth my while downloading this app? What kind of deals are actually on it? If it is mainly their own brand stuff or spend 50 to get a 10 off then it’s probably not what I’m after

Seve OB wrote: »
    I’ve scanned the thread but so many pages, sorry if already been answered.
    I rarely shop in Lidl and when I do it is generally small value, maybe lunches or an odd snack.
    Sometimes will pick up some of their olive oils. Don’t buy any of their own brand cleaning or toiletries.
    After buying a good bit of stuff from the middle aisle over the years I generally don’t bother with it anymore as I realised that most of it is cheap crap!

So is it worth my while downloading this app? What kind of deals are actually on it? If it is mainly their own brand stuff or spend 50 to get a 10 off then it’s probably not what I’m after

7 two-finger Kit kat for 99c pops up very often.
    Usually it's a fresh baked item, a meat item, a couple of sweet items (like kit kat mentioned above), a home/beauty product, and a pack of hunky dory.
    The reason I use it is mainly the scratch cards that you get every 10 hours between purchases no matter how small the purchase is, or what you're buying. They give you usually a choice between two free items or 50c or 1 euro off your next shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

Download it and try it, even for the rare shopper you might get something free that you'd like or €1 off a shop with the 'scratchcards'.

No minimum spend. It seems to be evenly spread between own brand and branded items, although free stuff is always own brand.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Can you claim two scratchers in one transaction?, earlier I redeemed the washing up liquid and had 50c of the scratcher but the washing up liquid didn't come off I paid for it. The same thing happened last week , I definitely checked the codes on the liquid

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GipsyMoth wrote: »
    Can you claim two scratchers in one transaction?, earlier I redeemed the washing up liquid and had 50c of the scratcher but the washing up liquid didn't come off I paid for it. The same thing happened last week , I definitely checked the codes on the liquid

I've definitely claimed two freebies on the one transaction before.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

nd a pack of hunky dory.

Howdy dowdies, awful stuff. Not worth the price even discounted. A crap rip off of a rip off.

GipsyMoth wrote: »

The only ones you cant claim together are the money ones, I've used money off and free product qpons together before loads of times.

Come to think of it I got the dog treats and a 50c off a few days ago and just checked to be sure and they're both on the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The only ones you cant claim together are the money ones, I've used money off and free product qpons together before loads of times.
    It's two same items you cannot claim in one go, money-off or product.

Other scratch cards are:

€1 off

Passata / Gel Air Freshner

zell12 wrote: »

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I've never tried to "buy" two of something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used two freebie vouchers together. Did it the other day. Didn't even buy anything. Scanned the 2 products, scanned my Lidl Plus barcode, receipt starts printed and away you go.

• Advertisement

I used two freebie vouchers together. Did it the other day. Didn't even buy anything. Scanned the 2 products, scanned my Lidl Plus barcode, receipt starts printed and away you go.

So have I, but never two of the same freebies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

So have I, but never two of the same freebies.

You can only claim 1 of each voucher at the same time.
    You could have 2 or 3 of the same voucher but it won't let you activate more
    than one at a time, so you would have to use it and then you can activate and use the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I got rid of the app,pain in my hole with the offers not coming off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I downloaded it
    Tried to register
    Told me my name is invalid
    Uninstalled

I downloaded it
    Tried to register
    Told me my name is invalid
    Uninstalled

That's what you get when you have an invalid name! ;).

29/04
    New-Doc-2021-04-24-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Two new products in lidl this wee
    °skin on fries
    °lemon sole gougons
    Both tasty options to add in with your weekly shop. Both found in frozen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Two new products in lidl this wee
    °skin on fries
    °lemon sole gougons
    Both tasty options to add in with your weekly shop. Both found in frozen

Any idea how the skin on fries compare to the Aldi ones? They're comfortably the best frozen chips I've ever had.

Lidl plus down again today in my store. Loads of people couldn't redeem anything. Tills kicking the scans out. My coupons from customer service expire today (given to me because of another issue with the app not working..). What a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Lidl plus down again today in my store. Loads of people couldn't redeem anything. Tills kicking the scans out. My coupons from customer service expire today (given to me because of another issue with the app not working..). What a balls.
    I had that last Friday. App seemed to scan ok, then cashier asked me to scan again because there was an error of some sort. Got home and discovered none of my coupons had been redeemed as I hadn't bought them apparently. Fired off a WhatsApp to their customer support and was told to contact them via email instead. Still waiting for a reply.

I used 2 phones in same shop this morning and vouchers worked fine for me.
    I always check the screen that the vouchers have worked before I walk away.

Contact them on SM, I'm sure they will reissue them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Yep. Mayhem in Castlerea, Roscommon. People calling out numbers and cashiers manually inputting them and still no joy. The amount of people complaining was unreal. Only for I had my few bags of bark on the trolley I would've walked.

Any idea how the skin on fries compare to the Aldi ones? They're comfortably the best frozen chips I've ever had.

I don't know if I've tried the aldi ones but the Lidl ones are nice, just finished them off yesterday.

During the week ours was down so the cashier asked us what coupons we had activated and gave us the value off as if we paid that amount in cash.

I don't know if I've tried the aldi ones but the Lidl ones are nice, just finished them off yesterday.

During the week ours was down so the cashier asked us what coupons we had activated and gave us the value off as if we paid that amount in cash.

Mine didnt do that at all.. They couldn't have cared less, I just walked out without buying any of them. As I went in specifically to use the coupons.

Very annoying and no doubt they caught out a bunch of people with trolleys full who went ahead and paid full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

How long before you get a new scratchcard if you don't redeem your current one iykwim?
    I had the Passata / Gel Air Freshner one but am not interested in either product. I waited 4 days and eventually redeemed it for the 'Gel Air Freshner' (even though I didn't really want it) and then got another scratchcard more-or-less straightaway;
    Thx

GAAcailin wrote: »
    How long before you get a new scratchcard if you don't redeem your current one iykwim?
    I had the Passata / Gel Air Freshner one but am not interested in either product. I waited 4 days and eventually redeemed it for the 'Gel Air Freshner' (even though I didn't really want it) and then got another scratchcard more-or-less straightaway;
    Thx

You get a scratch card for every transaction (limited to 1 scratch card per day) even if you haven't used the existing ones you have.

Thx

10 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

You can have multiple scratchcards on it at the same time, as long as they're not identical they should all work. So if you have two '€1 off', I think you can only use one at a time.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Buffman wrote: »
    You can have multiple scratchcards on it at the same time, as long as they're not identical they should all work. So if you have two '€1 off', I think you can only use one at a time.

Correct.
    If you have 2 of the same, you have redeem one before you activate the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

seems salmonella corner is no more. following in the stingy footsteps of Aldi and Tesco and themselves before lockdowns , Lidl is going back to just 30per cent reductions.
    I really would love to see a law passed making wastage of food punishable by fines. It really makes no sense, unless the places they were donating to before have reopened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

gussieg wrote: »
    seems salmonella corner is no more. following in the stingy footsteps of Aldi and Tesco and themselves before lockdowns , Lidl is going back to just 30per cent reductions.
    I really would love to see a law passed making wastage of food punishable by fines. It really makes no sense, unless the places they were donating to before have reopened.

There was meat in my local lidl for just 90 cents this evening and curry for 20 cent yesterday

• Advertisement

georgem25 wrote: »
    There was meat in my local lidl for just 90 cents this evening and curry for 20 cent yesterday

90c meatballs in Stillorgan today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

maybe its just the one in maynooth he said it was finished

[HTML][/HTML]
    maybe its just the one in maynooth he said it was finished

Maybe they meant for the day, ours go around at the end of the day and put out the waste nots in the morning it seems.

They were still doing it last night in my local store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

They're exactly the same. I couldn't tell a difference anyway.

50c off on scratchcard

50c off on scratchcard

Happy bears and Gluten Free Pasta on the stand too.

Dentalux mouthwash 77c 59c

Tomato paste or Happy Bears on scratchcard

• Advertisement

Chewy sweets and Gluten free pasta on scratchcard

Advertisement