Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do they do cinematic matches at B-tier PPVs like Fastlane?
    Was thinking they might do Randy vs Randy to set up the return of the Fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ethan Page vs Karate Man did that and it didn't go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Shane or AP running Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hurt Business is the best stable in all of wrestling right now.

MVP is pure gold

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    MVP is pure gold

The cane just adds to the mob boss style.

Lashley showing what a real Demo God looks like...

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-1-2021.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The cane just adds to the mob boss style.

Lashley showing what a real Demo God looks like...

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-1-2021.html

It'll be considered a win, though taking into account this "win" is them down 17.5% in total viewers, 23% down in the demo and 28.4% down in 18-34 when compared to the same show last year we should probably temper Demo God talk a bit.

Keeping in mind they're up against the NCAA in a few weeks time (actual competition) I'd probably tread carefully with the ratings talk.

"Tread carefully with ratings talk."

I don't know what you think your gimmick is, because you seem like a gimmick poster, but it's fúcking weird.

I don't know what you think your gimmick is, because you seem like a gimmick poster, but it's fúcking weird.

I've no idea what a gimmick poster is? But if we're pitching our own gimmicks think of me as like mid 2000's Undertaker on Smackdown, anytime there's a bad take Teddy Long holla's and I pop up to steer you right. Eg. That ratings breakdown just a moment ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

It appears if you dont agree with LOB and his ways of thinking, then you’re wrong! But I agree - it is weird!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    It appears if you dont agree with LOB and his ways of thinking, then you’re wrong! But I agree - it is weird!

I mean, I'll always give someone a chance to argue their point, but if you can't back up what you say and I can then what can I tell you? That's what a debate is.

• Advertisement

You must be very self-important if you think every post on here is a direct debate with you.

If I post something about Lashley being a "Demo-God" it isn't a direct challenge to you. You don't need to respond. Was I quoting you? It's a just a post.

You must be very self-important if you think every post on here is a direct debate with you.

If I post something about Lashley being a "Demo-God" it isn't a direct challenge to you. You don't need to respond. Was I quoting you? It's a just a post.

If you post something on a forum expect replies. If you post something that is wrong or just misleading, expect to be called on it. That's kinda how forums work dude.

I've told you why I don't consider the ratings a big win, let alone Lashley a Demo God. And I've outlined difficulties they may face ratings-wise on the road to Wrestlemania. So you can either tell me I'm right, give me an argument about why I'm wrong, or you can just be annoyed that I called you on it. Any of the 3 work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1.88 overall rating for RAW is really disappointing and dropped in the 3rd hour despite trying to pop the rating putting off the title a match every hour to try and pop the title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

If you post something on a forum expect replies. If you post something that is wrong or just misleading, expect to be called on it. That's kinda how forums work dude.

I've told you why I don't consider the ratings a big win, let alone Lashley a Demo God. And I've outlined difficulties they may face ratings-wise on the road to Wrestlemania. So you can either tell me I'm right, give me an argument about why I'm wrong, or you can just be annoyed that I called you on it. Any of the 3 work for me.

Sometimes people just want to comment without going into a debate about something?

Without wishing to speaking directly for the poster, I’m sure he was just giving his opinion. Just because you dont agree with it, doesnt mean you have to reply! You going back to “the same show as last year” is a silly comparison considering the ratings are clearly dropped off, mainly due to lack of crowd/atmosphere, in my opinion (no doubt you’ll try prove me wrong though), and the product isnt as strong as it was this time last year. Doesnt make his point any less relevant, in my opinion!

Anyway, I’ve wasted enough of my time on you and your posts today (more than you most likely wasted on Raw, which reflects badly on me tbh) so I’m done again.. From now on, I’ll just skip past your posts.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sometimes people just want to comment without going into a debate about something?

Without wishing to speaking directly for the poster, I’m sure he was just giving his opinion. Just because you dont agree with it, doesnt mean you have to reply! You going back to “the same show as last year” is a silly comparison considering the ratings are clearly dropped off, mainly due to lack of crowd/atmosphere, in my opinion (no doubt you’ll try prove me wrong though), and the product isnt as strong as it was this time last year. Doesnt make his point any less relevant, in my opinion!

Anyway, I’ve wasted enough of my time on you and your posts today (more than you most likely wasted on Raw, which reflects badly on me tbh) so I’m done again.. From now on, I’ll just skip past your posts.

Then write it on your notes app. Don't put it on a forum and not expect replies. Anything I post I expect it to be questioned, whether it will be or not so that, if I do post something, I'm confident that what I'm saying is correct.

I mean it's been on a downward trend for years and sure the pandemic has hastened that decline but I'd confidently predict that, given the state of the current product, even when crowds come back that trend isn't changing once the initial bump wears off.

No problem, more free time for me to watch Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Quiet enjoyed that Raw, good to see Lashley as champ. Wish they didn't run Miz over like they did but he's just not a good enough wrestler to be anywhere in the title contention. Same with Strowman last week but not a good wrestler.

The hurt business are brilliant and best thing to happen to Raw in quite a while.

It's hard for the current wrestlers at the moment with no libe audience on the Mike but hopefully things can get better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you post something on a forum expect replies. If you post something that is wrong or just misleading, expect to be called on it. That's kinda how forums work dude. [...] You can either tell me I'm right, give me an argument about why I'm wrong, or you can just be annoyed that I called you on it. Any of the 3 work for me.

Mod Note: this is quite antagonistic and becoming typical of your posts lately. It's not cool - please dial it back, we're all amigos here, trying to get through this crappy time in the world.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The stop watching and why do you follow argument is the worst. Thanks for the concern like but it only takes five mins of a YouTube video on the commute to work to see how bad Raw is.

That's lovely, and nobody is stopping anyone from having a problem with Raw at all. It's always been a good place to have a rant about the show being stupid. I was here and thanked many of SlickRics fabulous rants each Tuesday.

But apparently if someone actually likes something now it has to be debated as to why they're wrong for 15 pages nowadays.

Turns the place toxic and frankly puts me off coming here which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Necro wrote: »
    That's lovely, and nobody is stopping anyone from having a problem with Raw at all. It's always been a good place to have a rant about the show being stupid. I was here and thanked many of SlickRics fabulous rants each Tuesday.

But apparently if someone actually likes something now it has to be debated as to why they're wrong for 15 pages nowadays.

Turns the place toxic and frankly puts me off coming here which is a shame.

You see it as toxic, I see it as overly sensitive posters being surprised when their posts on a forum are replied too. It is what it is!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyways I never even gave my own take on Raw

Drew/Sheamus was a great match, best on Raw in ages imo but I'm a sucker for having two big lads beat the crap out of each other.
    One issue for me is this could easily have been the Fast lane match but it seems to be WWE's thing to blow off PPV quality matches on Raw. Similar to the main event which I will get to shortly.

Orton stuff is enjoyable imo, and I say this as a guy who hates Orton and his half-assery of almost everything

Braun/Shane stuff is stupid. Just go away Shane.

Good to see a title change on Raw but I'm not sure why that couldn't have waited till Fastlane much like Drew/Sheamus.

The problem with WWE (and there are a lot of problems) at times is their penchant to absolutely blow through feuds instead of letting them simmer.

While we might indeed get Drew/Sheamus and Lashley/Miz (unlikely) at Fastlane, we are not as invested as we've seen it before on Raw.

The repetitive nature of the matches is what draws a lot of ire and I see why.

That being said definitely the strongest Raw in months but probably too strong as where do they go next week now?

Lashley needs a challenger who will likely be Drew at Mania but Fastlane? Are we gonna see two matches of Drew Vs Lashley? Would have been far better to hold off with The Miz dropping and Fastlane and Drew overcoming Sheamus then combining the two for Mania

Now we will likely be sick of it all by Fastlane. Shame really.

• Advertisement

You see it as toxic, I see it as overly sensitive posters being surprised when their posts on a forum are replied too. It is what it is!

Not everything needs a 15 page debate dude. It's a nice and small community and people are entitled to like what they like without being spoken down to like their opinions don't matter.

There's loads of places to have arguments on the web or shout at clouds, it's not what I come here to do personally but whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Necro wrote: »
    Not everything needs a 15 page debate dude. It's a nice and small community and people are entitled to like what they like without being spoken down to like their opinions don't matter.

There's loads of places to have arguments on the web or shout at clouds, it's not what I come here to do personally but whatever floats your boat I guess.

When I go back 15 pages it brings me to posts from three weeks ago so you're being a bit hyperbolic with 15 pages of debate.

There are indeed lots of places on the web to do that, including Boards which seems to be a surprise to people for some reason. I enjoy the discussion and disagreements anyways, have at it I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When I go back 15 pages it brings me to posts from three weeks ago so you're being a bit hyperbolic with 15 pages of debate.

There are indeed lots of places on the web to do that, including Boards which seems to be a surprise to people for some reason. I enjoy the discussion and disagreements anyways, have at it I say!

I agree, i like the discussion and disagreements. I like debating my points and counter points, even if they guys Im in discussion with disagree with my point.

I dont think there is any toxic atmosphere.

I breezed through Raw. Miz Lashley and Drew is such a mid card feud.

Lashley bores me. Hes not a star for me. WWEs soulless environment does him no favours, but that can be said for most wrestlers.

I did enjoy Drew v Sheamus, but that aside, I see few positives on Raw right now.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I agree, i like the discussion and disagreements. I like debating my points and counter points, even if they guys Im in discussion with disagree with my point.

Lashley bores me. Hes not a star for me. WWEs soulless environment does him no favours, but that can be said for most wrestlers.

I did enjoy Drew v Sheamus, but that aside, I see few positives on Raw right now.

Last point on this before it all kicks off again.

It's probably no great shock that I post on another "Board" and the mindset is if you post something, expect to be challenged on it. It could be the most routine take in the world, but if you're posting it in a public space, expect your views to be challenged. I like that, it means I'm not firing off posts for the sake of it, it means I have to think through my viewpoint before sending out an opinion. I want that, I want to be challenged or for my views to maybe back up somebody else's. What you wont get from me on a forum is complaining that a debate or discussion exists, you will never see that from me.

And, like I've said before to you and Rolliefingers too, we might not agree 100% on everything, infact I remember having pages upon pages of debates with you on numerous things. But, it's pro wrestling debate, it's not personal, I'm not shook because someone is challenging my views. If anything I'm glad that there's two people making cohesive arguments. Give me that anyday over posts that say nothing.

That's all I'll say on it.

beakerjoe wrote: »

For me there is a difference between debate and discussion and outright antagonism.

Point in case...
    If anything I'm glad that there's two people making cohesive arguments. Give me that anyday over posts that say nothing.

I couldn't give a damn if you hate the WWE. Not a damn. And it's absolutely and evidently clear you hate the company, and that's your right.

But coming on here and negging everyone's view who differs in the manner you do is not conducive to proper discussion.

But sure lookit, tis only my view and I'm not getting worked up about it anymore, I've said my piece.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

10000 posts approaching so going to post a new Raw thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement