Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Steady shot.
    Did you buy a stick with a screw in it?

lol
    I changed the lens to the older Canon body
    things seem to work out better
    I might not need the stick with the screw

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Steady shot.
    Did you buy a stick with a screw in it?

lol
    I changed the lens to the older Canon body
    things seem to work out better
    I might not need the stick with the screw

• Registered Users Posts: 16 greyfox56

Kamov ka-50 passing over Eyre square today. I think it was just a routine patrol. Unarmed..

10fruzb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Great, now Mad Vlad is annexing the Wesht...

Also, why on earth was on of those there??

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

Looks like someone needs to turn off the flightsim and get out more....

Don't you think every aircraft spotter in Ireland would be talking about it if it was real.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Heh, that's what I get for looking at boards on a mobile.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

747 approaching through fog.

ZoBE0rxh.jpg

Credit: http://alex-esguerra.artistwebsites.com/

Where did you take this photo?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Fantastic B747 photo

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can't take credit for it I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Where did you take this photo?

It's 28R at SFO

• Advertisement

ozzy jr wrote: »
    A380 and 737 parallel landing at LAX,

auzgnc.jpg

This wasn't actually a parallel landing. I saw it posted on another site previously.

The photographer took shots of both aircraft landing within a few minutes of each other and then merged the 2 images to provide the brilliant size comparison image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Tenger wrote: »
    This wasn't actually a parallel landing. I saw it posted on another site previously.

The photographer took shots of both aircraft landing within a few minutes of each other and then merged the 2 images to provide the brilliant size comparison image.

Ah, what a let down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Huge let down but still an awesome size comparison.

The B747 photo is uber cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shamrock9108

Some recent pictures taken at Dublin can be seen here:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n707pm/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Some recent pictures taken at Dublin can be seen here:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n707pm/

The Tower and Qatar in the fog are brilliant, not loving the livery on EI-DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Is that from a nicolas cage movie? Did They really do that? :eek:

jimbis wrote: »
    Is that from a nicolas cage movie? Did They really do that? :eek:

"Lord of War" perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

"Lord of War" perhaps?

Get to the CHHHOPPAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

It is from lord of war, sadly they weren't brave enough to do it for real, it was shot in two separate scenes

Flew into Blagnac again this morning, lots of nice machines around again. Hopefully will get some photos tomorrow if I can leave during daylight hours.

Concorde (not sure why it is there but great to see it), new carbon livery A350, new Skymark A380, yet another EK A380 and a few more bits and pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Concorde (not sure why it is there but great to see it)

It was built in Toulouse

'F-BVFC (209) first flew on 9 July 1976 from Toulouse. It was retired to the Airbus plant at Toulouse (France), where the French aircraft were constructed, on 27 June 2003, joining 201 and ending Air France's relationship with Concorde. The final flight was supersonic, and included a go around at Toulouse. It had flown 14,332 hours.'

I knew there was one in the museum which was just in an Aerospatiale livery but yes you are correct it was F-BVFC that I saw this morning still in AF livery and surrounded by traffic cones.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭stopthepanic

Whats the deal with flickr messing aorund again.....can get it to embed photos here anymore....anyone know?

I'm new to flickr so I just found this out yesterday.

select photo, select the sharing option, select the drawing pin below. from here you can select size etc. you just need to post the link to your post as opposed to using Insert Image. screen shot attached

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Article showing photo's from the Airbus MSN002 Cabin mock-up test aircraft:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/airbus-a350-cabin-seats-revealed

The windows look smaller than on the 787, cant understand why, a bit disappointing really. Or are my eyes deceiving me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

smurfjed wrote: »
    http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-air-new-zealand-black-dreamliner-20140410,0,7809094.story#axzz2yguh893E

Air New Zealand are painting some of their B787's in a totally black scheme... Looks impressive.

Should that not be an All Black scheme?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Let me get this straight, ANZ have painted a plane known for it's over heating batteries the most heat absorbing colour on the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

flazio wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, ANZ have painted a plane known for it's over heating batteries the most heat absorbing colour on the planet?

I'd wonder if the plane would have to fly a bit closer to the sun than is possible for that to have any meaningful significance inside the plane.

sully2010 wrote: »
    The windows look smaller than on the 787, cant understand why, a bit disappointing really. Or are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm not sure. Boeing really marketed their "bigger windows" as a pax friendly point. Perhaps Airbus decided against doing the same from a production/engineering point of view.

The A350 does not push boundaries as much as the B787 did/does. It is a design that use's more mature tech. This has allowed Airbus to be much more close to schedule than the B787 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Is EI LBT the second of the 757's now in service and when is the 3rd one due.

Also how come it was not on the news especially considering all the coverage Shannon got when the other 757 started services there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

kub wrote: »
    Is EI LBT the second of the 757's now in service and when is the 3rd one due.

Also how come it was not on the news especially considering all the coverage Shannon got when the other 757 started services there?

That is the 3rd one,all 3 in service now.

It was a bigger deal at Shannon due to it being the first flight of the 752 in EI colours and i'm sure also that Shannon wanted to generate as much publicity as possible for the routes out of there. Without sounding flippant it was just another route launch from DUB,the SFO launch had more publicity surrounding it that the YYZ flight today.

Advertisement