Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impressing the opposite sex - insider tips.

• 06-10-2016 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I've been trying this online dating malarkey recently. This evening involved inviting a lady I've met for four dates over for dinner. I really couldn't fault the meal myself. Top class. Fish starter, classic French meat course for mains, a light dessert to finish. The music was the type of soulful indie that we both like. I'd bulked up the book shelf with some fairly obscure works of literature to show that I read important books.

We ended up watching an episode of Narcos. I made a passing remark that my belly was in danger of looking like Pablo's. Her Halo arrived and we said goodnight.

I'm now considering committing a grievous act of self-love upon myself. What went wrong though? A real shcmuck here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Always ask before putting the tip inside her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I've been trying this online dating malarkey recently. This evening involved inviting a lady I've met for four dates over for dinner. I really couldn't fault the meal myself. Top class. Fish starter, classic French meat course for mains, a light dessert to finish. The music was the type of soulful indie that we both like. I'd bulked up the book shelf with some fairly obscure works of literature to show that I read important books.

We ended up watching an episode of Narcos. I made a passing remark that my belly was in danger of looking like Pablo's. Her Halo arrived and we said goodnight.

I'm now considering committing a grievous act of self-love upon myself. What went wrong though? A real shcmuck here.

You should have doctored one of your bank statements, like adding a few noughts on the credit side, and left it lying around as if inadvertently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Just come straight out and ask her if she TIUTA, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Or ''not in side her'' tips in your case

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sometimes you just have to try to throw the gob on her and hope for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I came here for tips?
    Did not get any.
    I was told there would be tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You impress her by explaining the star trek multiverse, woman love star trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Step 1. Be attractive.
    Step 2. Don't be unattractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Grayson wrote: »

Always ask before putting the tip inside her

I don't even like cider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Rub one out and cry yourself to sleep.

It will all seem better in the morning...

...probably not :pac:

• Advertisement

I came here for tips?
    Did not get any.
    I was told there would be tips.

Hey bby. Want my tip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hey bby. Want my tip?

I know where it's been...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

She thankfully copped that - made you look like a serial killer

I know where it's been...

I'll treat you to a family box of chicken Hut.
    We can look into each others souls as we commit our own chicken massacre.

Sure didn't Hitler meet Eva braun while massacring a box of chicken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

You didn't twerk for her after Narcos? Works for me every time. Would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Very little genuine advice so far. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead did come up on the playlist. There was that silence where we both decided to retreat into our minds and chew over the moments that had left us in this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Not a very apt username

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Very little genuine advice so far. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead did come up on the playlist. There was that silence where we both decided to retreat into our minds and chew over the moments that had left us in this place.

Go for Sting next time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Act like a complete asshole and a drunk, its what Irish women love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Fish starter, classic French meat course for mains, a light dessert to finish.

Is that a euphemism? I'm out of touch with the slang you young whippersnappers use these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I'd say you answered your own question in the OP. If you have to discuss anatomy keep it well above the belt until you see the halo slipping of its own accord.
    Anyway why worry? There are other fish. Put it down to experience and move on. Regard the encounter as an instructive dummy run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

ok

Date four im usually hoping I didnt get her pregnant 3 times allready - wtf is wrong with you - this is your fault!! Dont think otherwise - Have you kissed her yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Millennial mating disaster handbook:

- Spotify playlist malfunctions

- Dinner sequencing errors

- Malapropos grasp of topical box set references

- Wrong jeans width (to 4mm)

Benefits:

Reduced breeding potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

So... you ate some food and watched a bit of tv...?

Maybe it's just me, but the whole detailed planning of a date seems a bit pointless - not to mention way ott - if all you're gonna do is eat some grub and slouch in front of the idiot box!?

Perhaps I'm missing the gravitas of the meal here... but tv ? As your main weapon of choice?

Try reading one of those obscure books... might make you more interesting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

She's probably thinking to herself why didn't you make the move.

NERD!!!!!!!

I'll treat you to a family box of chicken Hut.
    We can look into each others souls as we commit our own chicken massacre.

Sure didnt the lord himself pause for a box of chicken as he died on the cross? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

What went wrong though?

She came over for dinner.
    You watched Narcos afterwards.
    She went home.

Unless she brought an overnight bag of some description, she may well have planned on going home from the outset.

You may not have done anything wrong.

Tata ama Pablo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Play some Nick Drake, Vangelis or Stina Nordenstam, Dido or Air's Moon Safari.

Women love that music. I think. But then I'm gay so what would I know?:pac:

I've played that music and had lady friends try to come on to me even though they were aware I played for the other team...:o I have to add that copious amounts of wine were involved.

No need to panic yet OP, she may be just making you wait that little bit longer before she jumps into the sack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

He totally messed up... Should have whipped out the twister board.

It's literally impossible to play twister on a date and not end up naked at some stage! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

My fav way to be attracting the irish wimmins at closing
    Time is by scent....

Not your expensive after shave,
    Or lynx

Simply
    Dab some vinegar around your neck and wait ...

They can't help themselves and often run towards you and don't under stand the attraction

It's simple, you smell like a bag of chips

Works every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Did you even get a snog?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Are you actually posting about our date on here?? I can't believe you Anthony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

PLEASE JESUS MAKE THAT BE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Ask them if the rag smells like chloroform ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Insider tip: be good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

So, like, I'm just back from this date, with this guy, and he tried to seduce me with Narcos. I mean, seriously!? Why not just put on ****ing Hostel or Rambo for god sake. I wanted to take War and Peace of his book shelf and slap him with it. I could tell he wanted to, like, slap me with something too, but that so wasn't happening tonight, and probably won't happen in the fifth, sixth or seventh date either unless he treats me like a girl instead of one of his mates. I thought he was going to challenge me to a game of darts or ask me who should replace Roberto Di Matteo. I'll give him one more chance, because the food was fab and I haven't had French meat since that night with Pierre, but my patience is running thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Be really good looking.

Edit: beaten to it dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Make her a TDK mixtape of your favorite tunes for her JVC boombox.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

Made dinner and watched telly? Sure you could have done that with your granny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Stigura

I wouldn't know about that. But, I do know that Heinrich Himmler was a f**king Chicken Farmer, before he got to be Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel, and a complete chicken sh1t.

Come to think of it? Dropping nuggets like that into my conversation is probably why I always leave the pub alone :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Never try to impress the opposite sex.

Just be.

They will either be impressed by who and what you are, or they won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

The last time I was online dating I was riding 4 a week, no dinner, breakfast or tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,116 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

VladamirP wrote: »
    The last time I was online dating I was riding 4 a week, no dinner, breakfast or tea.

Bears don't count.

Anyhoo OP- she might be waiting for you to go after her. She's probably out in the hall freezing as it's been a couple of days! Go check and bring a blanket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That all sounds very impressive OP. I would have definitely at least pity shagged you for the effort.

Not sure about Narcos though. All those subtitles aren't that sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OP you schmuck...you made dinner and then you sat down to watch telly with some music to slash your wrists by on in the background.
    She'll be oh so grateful for showing you how great life will be after you're 10 years married. Go out you spa...a restaurant...a comedy club...a bar..theatre...anyfcuking thing but don't cook her some wanky french meal and then sit at opposite ends of the sofa in your bedsit watching a fcuking tv series.
    She'll be thinking that if this is what you do now how amazingly exciting will things be in years to come. NOT!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

sounds like a great date! Say she really enjoyed it! Who wouldnt want to watch Narco's! Less talk about the fat belly tho maybe, thats more been married for ten years stuff, you generally care what the other half looks like at the beginning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

What if she asked what this or the other book was like? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Swap the dinner and telly for Posh restaurant and coctails and you will be on the right path.
    Were you trying to bore her in to bed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement