Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impressing the opposite sex - insider tips.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭worded

My fav way to be attracting the irish wimmins at closing
    Time is by scent....

Not your expensive after shave,
    Or lynx

Simply
    Dab some vinegar around your neck and wait ...

They can't help themselves and often run towards you and don't under stand the attraction

It's simple, you smell like a bag of chips

Works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Did you even get a snog?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Are you actually posting about our date on here?? I can't believe you Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

PLEASE JESUS MAKE THAT BE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Ask them if the rag smells like chloroform ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Insider tip: be good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

So, like, I'm just back from this date, with this guy, and he tried to seduce me with Narcos. I mean, seriously!? Why not just put on ****ing Hostel or Rambo for god sake. I wanted to take War and Peace of his book shelf and slap him with it. I could tell he wanted to, like, slap me with something too, but that so wasn't happening tonight, and probably won't happen in the fifth, sixth or seventh date either unless he treats me like a girl instead of one of his mates. I thought he was going to challenge me to a game of darts or ask me who should replace Roberto Di Matteo. I'll give him one more chance, because the food was fab and I haven't had French meat since that night with Pierre, but my patience is running thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Be really good looking.

Edit: beaten to it dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Make her a TDK mixtape of your favorite tunes for her JVC boombox.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

Made dinner and watched telly? Sure you could have done that with your granny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Sure didn't Hitler meet Eva braun while massacring a box of chicken?

I wouldn't know about that. But, I do know that Heinrich Himmler was a f**king Chicken Farmer, before he got to be Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel, and a complete chicken sh1t.

Come to think of it? Dropping nuggets like that into my conversation is probably why I always leave the pub alone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Never try to impress the opposite sex.

Just be.

They will either be impressed by who and what you are, or they won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

The last time I was online dating I was riding 4 a week, no dinner, breakfast or tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

VladamirP wrote: »
    The last time I was online dating I was riding 4 a week, no dinner, breakfast or tea.

Bears don't count.

Anyhoo OP- she might be waiting for you to go after her. She's probably out in the hall freezing as it's been a couple of days! Go check and bring a blanket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That all sounds very impressive OP. I would have definitely at least pity shagged you for the effort.

Not sure about Narcos though. All those subtitles aren't that sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OP you schmuck...you made dinner and then you sat down to watch telly with some music to slash your wrists by on in the background.
    She'll be oh so grateful for showing you how great life will be after you're 10 years married. Go out you spa...a restaurant...a comedy club...a bar..theatre...anyfcuking thing but don't cook her some wanky french meal and then sit at opposite ends of the sofa in your bedsit watching a fcuking tv series.
    She'll be thinking that if this is what you do now how amazingly exciting will things be in years to come. NOT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

sounds like a great date! Say she really enjoyed it! Who wouldnt want to watch Narco's! Less talk about the fat belly tho maybe, thats more been married for ten years stuff, you generally care what the other half looks like at the beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

What if she asked what this or the other book was like? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Swap the dinner and telly for Posh restaurant and coctails and you will be on the right path.
    Were you trying to bore her in to bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

I personally don't see anything wrong with dinner and TV but depressing music and a drug programme may not be her style!!! maybe next time (if there is one) go for simple food and a comedy..............oh and make sure you have the wine/beer she likes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I love Narcos. But watching it on a date and then discussing the size of my hosts belly, would not be a turn on lol

Was the taxi booked for a certain time or did she order it at a certain point during the date. If so, that was your sign lol.

She didn't call to your gaff for no reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is this the Tinder culture nowadays? Girl comes over so you have to "pull". She didn't run away, you've done ok. Just go again.

Tips wise:

Nice watch
    Nice shoes
    Blue - Chanel or any Tom Ford scent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Was there any physical contact at all? Kissing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Unsure how much of the opening post was a joke RE the book shelf and all.

The actual show doesn't matter hugely once it's not The Hunt For Britain's Paedophiles or something, what will matter is if it isn't a socially fun experience (ie more about the interaction between you than the show). Narcos isn't exactly the most conducive option there though, I'd love to see how the two of you settled on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JimmysCar

Lad, ye did everything wrong. Come out with Jimmy on a night out and I'll show ye how to pull a lovely philly. Gerrrup!

Only one thing for it OP - the next time you find a profile who wants to come to the house for a date - hidden cameras all around and then we can consider your merits and failings in minute detail :)
    HS3 wrote: »
    Was the taxi booked for a certain time or did she order it at a certain point during the date. If so, that was your sign lol.

Hah I was gonna ask that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

For a second I thought the headline said "harassing the opposite sex..."

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

For a second I thought the headline said "harassing the opposite sex..."

Judging by the activities of many people I have observed in City Centre Pubs - there is no functional distinction between the two there either. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Right, so I wake up to a text from this guy this morning. He's sweet, asking how my Halo was, and I text back saying 'I left it at home today' and a wink emoji (;)) to suggest I'm feeling a bit bold like. He has Dostoyevsky's entire bibliography in his living room so he's obviously smart enough to understand my text. We trade sexual texts back and forth, but then he invites me over for the Friday the 13th marathon tonight. Sorry but wtf like. "Soooo many murders," he writes on the text, thinking that it gets me wetter than a bag of old ice. He's gen-u-inely going to open his front door with a hockey mask and a kitchen knife in his hand, thinking he's deadly like.

Advertisement