Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burglars trod excrement through mother's home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

A severe beating should be given to them if caught.

Vermin of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've trod excrement through by own home a couple of times. Accidentally of course.

Of course I'm not a mother so any opinion I might hold would be invalid.

How many homes in your estate weren't broken into in broad daylight on that day last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

If it was the bugulars own excrement, surely there's a way gardai could extract dna from it and perhaps catch the criminals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If it was the bugulars own excrement, surely there's a way gardai could extract dna from it and perhaps catch the criminals?

Yeah but it's the gardaí we are talking about here not CSI Miami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I remember the only time I ever put white carpets in a house, neighbour came in that very night with the shoes clattered in sheep dung. Carpet was fcuked out almost as quick as the neighbour.

• Advertisement

How many homes in your estate weren't broken into in broad daylight on that day last year?

In my own estate at least 5 houses out of 62 were broken in to.

In my own estate at least 5 houses out of 62 were broken in to.

So 57 out of 62 were not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

According to the article they took her teenage son's hairdressing bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Im pretty sure thats feck all comfort to the 5 homes that were burgled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

There must be good money to made doing burglaries, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Next Door broken into last week, about 20 houses in our little estate over last 6 weeks.
    Found phone left by burglar as they jumped back wall
    Garda said "sure anyone could have lost that there"
    Don't expect much help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Every effort should be made to catch those responsible - did this happen in broad daylight?
    Its time that the rattan cane was introduced into society to deal with juvenile scum like this - if the perpetrators each received 6 lashes of the rattan and weren't able to sit down for a month after it, I think the would think twice of any such behaviour in future and it would also lay down a marker for anyone else thinking of acting the same way. And no distinction either - boys or girls if they are guilty of this sort of thing should receive the rattan.

What's the point? It's a small estate and 5 houses were robbed on the one day. Are you putting forward an excuse? Trying to minimise something that happens all over Dublin because 57 out of 62 houses might not have been robbed?

If someone breaks in to your house, violates your home and takes your belongings mark my words you will understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

According to the article they took her teenage son's hairdressing bag.

A barber?

Anyway.

Absolutely disgusting carryon to be at, robbing dirty bastards, I hope they're caught.

What's the point? It's a small estate and 5 houses were robbed on the one day. Are you putting forward an excuse? Trying to minimise something that happens all over Dublin because 57 out of 62 houses might not have been robbed?

If someone breaks in to your house, violates your home and takes your belongings mark my words you will understand.

Me thinks he is just a troll of the highest order

Me thinks he is just a troll of the highest order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Apparently it's quite common for burglars to **** in houses they are robbing, nerves or adrenalin or something.

I haven't heard of a case yet where forensics led them back to the perpetrator by testing the stool samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

In reality it's just another person whining to the media whilst looking for a new council house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

In reality it's just another person whining to the media whilst looking for a new council house.

Sounds like she's being thoroughly harassed by scum, so I don't think that's fair tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

bjork wrote: »
    Apparently it's quite common for burglars to **** in houses they are robbing, nerves or adrenalin or something.

I haven't heard of a case yet where forensics led them back to the perpetrator by testing the stool samples.

Trouble there is if they robbers were clever enough they could bring some one else's poo poo and get them blamed for the robbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aye. Friend of mine had their house robbed in the very early 80s, and the perps took a **** in the kitchen sink.

The kind of person who breaks into someone's house is a piece of scum anyway, so there's no reason to be surprised when they do what scummy people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

TBP wrote: »
    Trouble there is if they robbers were clever enough they could bring some one else's poo poo and get them blamed for the robbery.

Trouble with that would be obtaining other person poo without their knowledge :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Wouldn't it be great if we had a police force in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Trouble with that would be obtaining other person poo without their knowledge :pac:

Trouble there would be leaving the portaloo cabin with the ziplock bag without being seen/smelt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Also heroin ruins your ability to control your bowels.

Would be difficult but not impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Ah sure they are disadvantaged no services in their area, So they get the luas from scum town down to the south side and rob the place blind. Luas join up was worst idea ever. And if they are ever caught their free legal aid will say sure he/she has 60 previous convictions but none for a year go easy on him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Unfortunetely, in my experience, the Gardai just aren't interested in doing anything about this type of crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

DeadHand wrote: »
    Unfortunetely, in my experience, the Gardai just aren't interested in doing anything about this type of crime.

The recent report on the uselessness of the Gardaí seems to have been forgotten. Sure busting people with plants is far easier work than solving burglaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Next Door broken into last week, about 20 houses in our little estate over last 6 weeks.
    Found phone left by burglar as they jumped back wall
    Garda said "sure anyone could have lost that there"
    Don't expect much help

In all fairness the Guards are useless in this country. The only point in ringing them and getting them off their fat holes is for the insurance company.
    My sisters house for robbed a few years ago and two hours later when they arrived she was outside and Inspector Clouseu, looking terrified asked her were they still inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Just came across it the once on the job (insurance claim settling). It was everywhere and I nearly barfed. Gardai caught them doing similar in another house some weeks later. Four local 15/16 year old girls from 'good homes'

The recent report on the uselessness of the Gardaí seems to have been forgotten. Sure busting people with plants is far easier work than solving burglaries.

I'd agree.

What really frustrates me is the fervour with which they'll nail honest, harmless people for traffic nonsense, petty drug offences and trivial stuff like after hours.

Contrast this with their apathy toward actual crime and it's clear there is a culture of picking on the easy targets within the Gardai.

My point is that this is typical scare-mongering rubbish in the Indo, this sort of thing happens to a miniscule number of houses, but the Indo love a good old 'someone's having a **** time' story.

My point is that this is typical scare-mongering rubbish in the Indo, this sort of thing happens to a miniscule number of houses, but the Indo love a good old 'someone's having a **** time' story.

So having only a few houses ransacked and a few families' lives ruined makes it a "nothing to see here, folks" kinda thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Neighbours of my home place have been broken into a few times... Guards know who it was each time but won't do a thing about it... If it had been my house and I knew who did it..the guards wouldn't have to do anything... I'd kick the living ****e out of the little scrotes and leave them on their mammys doorstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Haha ****e all over the gaff Joe
    They took me chrisamas bonus joe

• Advertisement

Haha ****e all over the gaff Joe
    They took me chrisamas bonus joe

Having a good laugh at other people's misery?

Stay classy.

Having a good laugh at other people's misery?

Stay classy.

Me hearts breaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Me hearts breaking

Doubt you be jumping for joy if you were in the same circumstances trying to battle a gang of knobheads
    Michelle believes she knows who the gang of thugs are – a gang of nine to twelve boys and men, aged 15 to 22.

Where are the snipers when you need them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I know there are always burglaries every year in the run up to xmas but this year seems to have gone mental.
    I cant remember a year that it was a bad as this. I am hearing of break ins maybe 3-4 times a week of people I know. 4 last week alone.
    Houses ransacked and in a couple of the cases almost entirely emptied out(and I mean emptied, apart from beds/wardrobes/oven/washing they took everything bloody else).
    Its easy money tbh.
    No real consequence to be had for the thieves and plenty of gain. They are cleaning up.

catallus wrote: »
    So having only a few houses ransacked and a few families' lives ruined makes it a "nothing to see here, folks" kinda thing?

Yes. Why aren't the Indo printing a story about the hundreds of thousands of households that daily aren't broken into? Because no-one cares. But they know that printing an 'ah Jasus Joe, it's terrible' story will have people banging on about how society has gone over the precipice and we are all about to start eating each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd agree.

What really frustrates me is the fervour with which they'll nail honest, harmless people for traffic nonsense, petty drug offences and trivial stuff like after hours.

Contrast this with their apathy toward actual crime and it's clear there is a culture of picking on the easy targets within the Gardai.
    As you say easy targets. The Guards aren't "useless" by any means, but they are underfunded, undertrained and too much stuck in a collective mindset. Add on top in a very big fcuking way the laws and judiciary in this land that let little Johnny O'Scumbag away with close to murder(not a joke) and the Guards are actually the least of it. I've known enough of their number become very bloody disillusioned with that aspect. That no matter how much time, effort and evidence was brought to bear on the scum, the judges and the law would send them away with barely a slap on the wrist.

This goes triple for crime against property in this country and culture. Assault and bodily harm can be let off with scarily low sentences(when that even happens), but property crime is way down that list.

Personally? I think burglars should be fcuked up and no mistake if caught in the act. Even killed on sight/site TBH. Now granted I am a fascist in many ways, but that's how I see it. I've seen an elderly neighbour, a woman who never harmed anyone and indeed brought a lot of kindness and genuine help to society in her life and I watched her rapidly deteriorate after a burglary by scum. They didn't just take things, oh no, they tore her home apart, even destroyed personal items of no value. Oh and yes they also shát on her floor. Her home and safety was raped. There's no other word for it. In the end this poor woman took her own life. At her funeral, if I had the chance to slip a noose on those human wastes and pull the trapdoor to send them to oblivion I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

Oh and BTW the local lads and lasses in the Gardai were very helpful and went out of their way to help the woman, but...

I'm just grateful that a) I'm handy enough with a recurve bow and a machete and b) I've had a succession of dogs that were very boundary protective and large and aggressive and as a bonus won't take food from anyone but me. So come on down you wastes of humanity. Your carcasses will have some use that you didn't approach in life; I won't have to spend money on dogfood for a week(three days for your stringy oven chips ratboy type). Then again there's usually two ratboys, so grub up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I heard it was the turd house they targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭exgp

I heard her on the radio this afternoon. She sounded very genuine to me.

Yes.

That's cold; and a sad manifestation of the modern "It has nothing to do with me, doesn't affect me" navel gazing self-regarding cop-out culture we have to endure.
    Why aren't the Indo printing a story about the hundreds of thousands of households that daily aren't broken into? Because no-one cares.

Why should anyone care about houses not being broken into? :confused:

Does it make it easier for you to ignore the plight of victims by using such zero-sum morally-equivocating double-think?
    But they know that printing an 'ah Jasus Joe, it's terrible' story will have people banging on about how society has gone over the precipice and we are all about to start eating each other.

Nobody's saying we're all about to eat each other. Stop being hysterical! You're nearly as bad as the Indo!

Wibbs wrote: »
    As you say easy targets. The Guards aren't "useless" by any means, but they are underfunded, undertrained and too much stuck in a collective mindset. Add on top in a very big fcuking way the laws and judiciary in this land that let little Johnny O'Scumbag away with close to murder(not a joke) and the Guards are actually the least of it. I've known enough of their number become very bloody disillusioned with that aspect. That no matter how much time, effort and evidence was brought to bear on the scum, the judges and the law would send them away with barely a slap on the wrist.

This goes triple for crime against property in this country and culture. Assault and bodily harm can be let off with scarily low sentences(when that even happens), but property crime is way down that list.

Personally? I think burglars should be fcuked up and no mistake if caught in the act. Even killed on sight/site TBH. Now granted I am a fascist in many ways, but that's how I see it. I've seen an elderly neighbour, a woman who never harmed anyone and indeed brought a lot of kindness and genuine help to society in her life and I watched her rapidly deteriorate after a burglary by scum. They didn't just take things, oh no, they tore her home apart, even destroyed personal items of no value. Oh and yes they also shát on her floor. Her home and safety was raped. There's no other word for it. In the end this poor woman took her own life. At her funeral, if I had the chance to slip a noose on those human wastes and pull the trapdoor to send them to oblivion I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

Oh and BTW the local lads and lasses in the Gardai were very helpful and went out of their way to help the woman, but...

I'm just grateful that a) I'm handy enough with a recurve bow and a machete and b) I've had a succession of dogs that were very boundary protective and large and aggressive and as a bonus won't take food from anyone but me. So come on down you wastes of humanity. Your carcasses will have some use that you didn't approach in life; I won't have to spend money on dogfood for a week(three days for your stringy oven chips ratboy type). Then again there's usually two ratboys, so grub up.

Wow.I hope nobody breaks into your house Mr Rambo

Wibbs wrote: »

This goes triple for crime against property in this country and culture. Assault and bodily harm can be let off with scarily low sentences(when that even happens), but property crime is way down that list

Yes, the judicary are a disgrace in this country with their bizarrely lenient sentencing they provide no deterrent to crime.

The state (Gardai, judicary) is failing miserably in it's duty to protect it's own citizens... This will lead people to feel isolated and frustrated which will lead to them becoming more militant and violent in their defence of themselves and their property. Which will lead to more bloodshed.

Myself? I fully believe in the Nally approach to home/personal protection. The man should have got a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I have to say my experience of the guards has been very good. We had two breakin attempts in the middle of the night about a year ago while we all slept upstairs.

Luckily we heard them and they didn't manage to get in despite doing a good bit of damage to the window.

Anyways on both occasions our local Gardai were here within 10-15 mins and I found them very professional. Of course the burglars were well gone at that stage but the Gardai did a few patrols in their car and overall I just got the impression that they were smart and clued in to these guys and their motus operandi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I agree A, the Gardai tend to get the shítty end of the stick in public opinion, but it's usually unwarranted. Granted some are about as much use as teats on a bull, but most are trying and trying hard, but they do get worn down with the BS.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wow.I hope nobody breaks into your house Mr Rambo
    TBH D, I'm about as macho and rambo as Larry Grayson(look him up you young buck ya :D), but there is a line for me and that line is the threshold of my gaff and those under its roof. If someone crosses that meaning to take from me what is mine and/or threaten those under that roof I will react as forcefully as I can with whatever materials at my disposal. I may, if not likely would fail, but I will try. Like I say there is a line. To help, I have the alarm, the cctv, the external lights, 5 mins away from my local Gardai station(a few of which I know) and the dog, so it's all about the layers. I'm not one of those para types who hears Joe Duffy having a concern **** and thinks me next, but if it happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

God love that family living like that.

Seriously guys, she is a single mother taking the kids to Santa and to come home to that.???

Does anyone blame her for wanting to get out of there? Living in a place where you were afraid to leave your house for fear people from your own area are watching you to get what bits and pieces you have gathered.

Trying to build a home for her and her family and scumbags leaving a screwdriver on her bed and dragging S*** through her house, no, not a house, its HOME to a family is bullying and harrassment and quite often the Gardai know exactly who it is.

Fair play to the security firm trying to offer her some peace of mind whilst she has to live there.

Being a single woman at home on her own at home when 2 big guys pushed in my front door to TRY and take the keys of my Brand New Car, I know what this is like.......ironically, when the Gardai came they told me straight away that they had an idea who they were (as they were targetting other towns off the motorway) in a spree and had they got away with my car, it would have been found burnt out not too far away from where this lady lived.

I hope no one making wise cracks on this thread ever comes home to something similar, another one that sickens me is burglars targetting the elderly.

honestly, my heart goes out to that lady and her family.....................

• Advertisement
Advertisement