Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC & other rallying 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

It's do or die for both Meeke and Breen in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Wonder what will happen if Breen is doing well in the championship come Corsica or Spain. Pitty they didn't stick Loeb in the PH sport car for the 3 rounds.

masit wrote: »
    Wonder what will happen if Breen is doing well in the championship come Corsica or Spain. Pitty they didn't stick Loeb in the PH sport car for the 3 rounds.

Won't have to worry about that I don't think he has the speed for the top level harsh I know but just my opinion. Hopefully Cronin gets a few rounds from M Sport he's a class act.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Won't have to worry about that I don't think he has the speed for the top level harsh I know but just my opinion. Hopefully Cronin gets a few rounds from M Sport he's a class act.

Oh I know, but just say he was up at the top. I still think they would replace Breen with Loeb.

I watched Colin Clarks kitchen table yesterday and he was talking about a driver in an M-sport car next year. He'd be bringing some money and some M-sport money. Cronin came to my mind straight away. But there are lots of drivers out there that could be that driver. Would Cronin have the budget for a WRC drive? Its a big step up from the Irish/British championship, money wise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

masit wrote: »
    Oh I know, but just say he was up at the top. I still think they would replace Breen with Loeb.

I watched Colin Clarks kitchen table yesterday and he was talking about a driver in an M-sport car next year. He'd be bringing some money and some M-sport money. Cronin came to my mind straight away. But there are lots of drivers out there that could be that driver. Would Cronin have the budget for a WRC drive? Its a big step up from the Irish/British championship, money wise.
    Judging from Ostberg's recent comments, the current cars are quite expensive to run (and he wouldn't be short of a few quid) so it would have to be some amount of money.

D-Mack are focusing on WRC2 this year so he could fit into a programme there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

It's a pity the Galway international is cancelled for 2018.was always a nice start to the new year in early February and a good 2 day rally to kick off the championship.
    First time it won't run since 1971 if I'm not mistaken.sadly it could be the way rallying will go in this country with huge increase in insurance costs and running costs I reckon the future of rallying will be headed private such as quarries or off road tracks and probably a lot more private run forestry events.
    What's the lay out for this years Tarmac rally championship does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

WRC+ are now offering full coverage of all the WRC rounds in 2018. Costs €89 p/a or €9 per month

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2018/wrc-all-live-launch--/page/5121--12-12-.html

Not sure if there are any coupons/discount vouchers floating around ...

yknaa wrote: »
    WRC+ are now offering full coverage of all the WRC rounds in 2018. Costs €89 p/a or €9 per month

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2018/wrc-all-live-launch--/page/5121--12-12-.html

Not sure if there are any coupons/discount vouchers floating around ...

Feck,was at the autosport show last weekend and they were giving away a free all live pass for Monte Carlo. Said I had WRC plus. Did not know there was going to be an extra cost for the coverage of all the stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

One way to use up surplus network 3 credit I suppose. First month is free. I presume you can cancel anytime during that period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If you get down to Paddy Power quickly, you'll be able to get Dani Sordo at 150/1 for the Monte. As a multiple podium finisher there with his level of experience, it has to be worth a fiver each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Robbo wrote: »
    If you get down to Paddy Power quickly, you'll be able to get Dani Sordo at 150/1 for the Monte. As a multiple podium finisher there with his level of experience, it has to be worth a fiver each way.

It sure would. He is back to 25/1 now though, well at least online he is.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    It sure would. He is back to 25/1 now though, well at least online he is.
    I checked online before and saw 25/1 but when I went into the shop they gave me 150. Couldn't believe it so I asked him to double check and write the odds on the slip.

I'm sure a niche bet like that was a welcome distraction to lads placing 50 cent on a 14 horse accumulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Robbo wrote: »
    I checked online before and saw 25/1 but when I went into the shop they gave me 150. Couldn't believe it so I asked him to double check and write the odds on the slip.

I'm sure a niche bet like that was a welcome distraction to lads placing 50 cent on a 14 horse accumulator.

150/1 are his odds to win the championship. I just chanced my arm in a shop. Both the staff and I had no idea what we were doing.

Is first stage on TV ?

I hope it improves over the weekend/year. Thank god for the map or they would have had not much to show.

Not great. Watching on board with Craig Breen a few .minutes ago. It's bound to improve says he hopefully. Meeke 1min.44 seconds slower than Ogier

Ok we hear you

Not bad coverage after all. Meeke done well in the end after what happened on the first stage. Nice handful of points to come away with compared to last year.

I don’t want to jinx anything but Craig Breen is absolutely flying in Rally Sweden. Currently in P2 just 4.6 behind Neuville. Fingers crossed for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

I don’t want to jinx anything but Craig Breen is absolutely flying in Rally Sweden. Currently in P2 just 4.6 behind Neuville. Fingers crossed for them.

He's having a belter, always with a smile on his face too, really seems to absolutely love what he does.
    Fingers crossed for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Great result for Breen today. Hope he gets a win this year.

Well done to Breen. Be great if they gave him a 3th car for Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have BT stopped showing live coverage?

Looks to be only the half hour highlights shows for Mexico this weekend.

Live stages on BT Sport on Saturday @ 17.00 and Sunday @16.00.

We all know how good Loeb was but to be lying in second just 7 seconds back from first after be out of the car so long is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

We all know how good Loeb was but to be lying in second just 7 seconds back from first after be out of the car so long is unbelievable.

It is some performance. His speed especially on the second loop was awesome.

3 fastest stage times. What a driver. Try to catch Sordos comments re Loeb at the end of one of the stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

I fancied him to get on the podium or very close to it if he finished the rally!
    The man was so far ahead of everybody not that long ago, he can't have deteriorated too much since his last year rallying.

• Advertisement

Loeb leading but Meeke was fastest on last stage by 10 seconds so hopefully this is the start of Meekes come back. Road order is good for Loeb but he still has to drive the yoke fast too.

Advertisement