Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC & other rallying 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭jelutong

Loeb punctures on stage 14 . Lost approx 2 minutes. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

jelutong wrote: »
    Loeb punctures on stage 14 . Lost approx 2 minutes. Pity.

Huge pity but I think he's already shown he hasn't lost it. He's just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Bobby04 wrote: »
    Huge pity but I think he's already shown he hasn't lost it. He's just incredible.

while a highly impressive display, road position had a significant impact & Latvala's upset heading into the penultimate stage outlined the road order effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Such a shame that the majority of his career was during a time when rally was at one of it's lowest points.

There'll always be the question of what if he had driven in a much more competitive period.

Still think he'd have three or four world championships, but definitely not nine.

Brian and Liz Pattersons RallyNews .net is back on line since yesterday.
    Great to have it back after a long break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I don’t normally like to post accident photos but Kris and Paul are said to be okay after this massive off :eek:

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/997801447663292418

https://twitter.com/motor_box/status/997798937129050112

https://twitter.com/Campeonesnet/status/997801336283500547

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

And another angle.

Kris went to hospital but all ok.

https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/997923417763532801?s=21

**** me I’m so glad they are okay. That’s on of the most damaged rally cars I’ve seen in a long time. Reminiscent of Solberg in Germany and Märtin in Argentina. I hope the lads will be happy to get back into a rally car and go flat out again.

h3000 wrote: »
    **** me I’m so glad they are okay. That’s on of the most damaged rally cars I’ve seen in a long time. Reminiscent of Solberg in Germany and Märtin in Argentina. I hope the lads will be happy to get back into a rally car and go flat out again.

Yeah, scariest one I’ve seen for a while.

Two lads have young families now so I’m sure it’s more difficult to return to full commitment after something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Glad to see they are both ok. Lucky they sit so far back it the car. That tree must have been very close to them.

Never thought of it until now, but with Kris and Craig finishing day 1 and the job Kris done to get the car to the finish of day 1, should Oiger in 23rd, Mikkelsen in 17th and Latvala in 30th doing rally 2 ,should they not have been running first on the road. Now, not saying that Kris would not have crashed, but there would have been a better chance of him not crashing if he had been down the road a bit. Craig finished the 2 days but yet is first on the road and losing lots of time.

• Advertisement

I really think that the super rally guys should run first on the road too. It used to be the case but the rules seem to have changed.

Meeke and Nagle dropped from the Citroen WRC Team due to excessive amount of crashes according to team manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Meeke and Nagle dropped from the Citroen WRC Team due to excessive amount of crashes according to team manager.

Disappointed hearing that. Kris is a neighbour of mine (from when we both lived back in the north)...he always drives on the limits gives it 100% every single time. Hopefully he gets a seat for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Not really surprising is it. He's had too many high speed crashes.

Very sad to hear about this. My 8 year old was crying when I told him.

1 of only a few drivers that can win any rally. Always wondered how he would have got on if another team had given him a chance. I hope its not the last we see of Kris in rallying and he does not move to rallycross.

masit wrote: »
    Very sad to hear about this. My 8 year old was crying when I told him..

My 5 year old had the same reaction.

Very disappointing for anyone that loves WRC. Kris is probably the most exciting driver in the championship.

Citroen seem to have handled it very badly. Kris’s update shortly before the sacking suggests he didn’t know it was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Sad for Kris and Paul. Rough week after such a nasty crash. Looking at one angle above you would wonder how anyone got out of it.

Seen on twitter that Kimi Raikkonen has invited Tommi Makinen to his yacth in Monaco this weekend. Maybe a drive for Raikkonen in WRC next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

masit wrote:
    Seen on twitter that Kimi Raikkonen has invited Tommi Makinen to his yacth in Monaco this weekend. Maybe a drive for Raikkonen in WRC next year.

Done deal I would say

liam7831 wrote: »
    Done deal I would say

I can’t see Kimi getting a full time factory Toyota seat for 2019. I could see him getting an outing in Finland in July though.

• Advertisement

The Ravens Rock Rally is due to run next Sunday but there's not a mention of it anywhere. Is it going ahead I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

The Ravens Rock Rally is due to run next Sunday but there's not a mention of it anywhere. Is it going ahead I wonder?

There are plenty of post's on the clubs facebook page stating that it is running.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Citroen have decided that Mads Ostberg is the man to lead the team for the rest of the season, thus resigning themselves to 4th in the constructors championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

They were looking for more Marshall's today, definitely going ahead.
    The quality and pace of the entries in any of the events I've been at so far this year has been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Art McCarrick

This weekend's Sligo Stages Rally postponed due to melting tar. I think it's the first time an Irish motorsport event has been postponed due to the weather being too good

This weekend's Sligo Stages Rally postponed due to melting tar. I think it's the first time an Irish motorsport event has been postponed due to the weather being too good

Welcome to Boards.ie Art. Great work with Motorsport Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭yknaa

I see that WRC+ is 30% off for 12 months at the moment when you use promo code 'FIN18'. Anyone have experience of using it? Is it worth €62p/a I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Art McCarrick

yknaa wrote: »
    I see that WRC+ is 30% off for 12 months at the moment when you use promo code 'FIN18'. Anyone have experience of using it? Is it worth €62p/a I wonder?

Only worth it if you're a serious fan, but it's only the live action that's worth paying for. The studio stuff between stages is laboured and they'll often just leave the tracking map up for an hour if crews have a long drive back to service. Red Bull TV coverage is the best there is for WRC but they don't have every stage live. With WRC+ you are paying to have every stage live and that's about it, Red Bull TV offers you some stages live, great highlights shows each night and exclusive content.

Advertisement