Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan McDermott wants Fairytale of New York Censored - Mod warning post 1

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭yuridwyer

mfceiling wrote: »
    "Offence is never given, it's taken... If you are offended by something, walk away. I'm offended by things all the time but I haven't got the right not to be offended, and remember this: just because someone is offended it doesn't mean they're right. "- Ricky Gervais

Gervais is always right when speaking seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

colm_mcm wrote: »
    LGBT choir?

Close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

yuridwyer wrote: »
    Gervais is always right when speaking seriously

Gervais, the great philosopher!

But he's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

People choose to be offended..sadly it seems to be "on trend" these days...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

It seems to me that we are not allowed to say anything any more for fear of getting into trouble but we can do anything we want.... literally and expect to get away with it!! this world is going to eat itself up soon.

• Advertisement

I would often put this clip up in debates like this.

Seen it quite a few years ago now, but its all 100% right.

It is OK to be offended.

this thread should have had the op

a second post that stated only "who?"

and then locked

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would often put this clip up in debates like this.

Seen it quite a few years ago now, but its all 100% right.

It is OK to be offended.

This is brill, flood his Twitter account with this.

As someone who wouldn't listen to his show, but had the misfortune to turn over to him today in the car, I was wondering if he ever discussed the backlash against him?

Or did he just let it go unmentioned, like the way D'arcy, Turbidy, Joe and Marion let the RTE wages' announcements go unmentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

As someone who wouldn't listen to his show, but had the misfortune to turn over to him today in the car, I was wondering if he ever discussed the backlash against him?

Or did he just let it go unmentioned, like the way D'arcy, Turbidy, Joe and Marion let the RTE wages' announcements go unmentioned?

Didn't come across anything, but when your sister is a social influencer I'm sure she gave him some tips on how to hide under the kitchen table until you fall of the #trending.

• Advertisement

He should at least have had the b@lls to acknowledge that the vast majority of people didn't agree with him.
    He's still allowed to hold whatever views he wants, but he should not have just ignored it on this radio show.

If you're big enough to start demanding something, be big enough to know when the public doesn't agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just back from my Christmas Party.

****** is just lyric.

Eoghan is just a ****,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's obviously never read Tom sawyer, he'd cry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Acting the maggot.

There's a hilarious pic of him in today's indo online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He should at least have had the b@lls to acknowledge that the vast majority of people didn't agree with him.
    He's still allowed to hold whatever views he wants, but he should not have just ignored it on this radio show.

If you're big enough to start demanding something, be big enough to know when the public doesn't agree with you.

God bless your innocence.
    That's just not how these loons roll.

Never will be.

The publicity he's getting is priceless.....he's loving it..as posted above these people feed of this kind of stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I hope he also champions for the banning of Dire Straits - Money for nothing

"See the little ****** with the earring and the make up
    Yeah buddy that's his own hair
    That little ****** got his own jet airplane
    That little ****** he's a millionaire"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭worded

What do you get if you cross Chris Rea with Dire Straits ?

DiaRea

Driving home quickly to get to the toilet

We have all been there

The band dealt with that years ago that's not the same as ftony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The band dealt with that years ago that's not the same as ftony

But I am offended NOW!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

A ******, in the meaning of "bundle", is an archaic English unit applied to bundles of certain items. Alternate spellings in Early Modern English include fagate, faget, fagett, ******t, fagot, fagatt, fagott, ffagott, and faggat.[1]

What a load of ****e.

Scorpions had a naked child on an album cover back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I cringe when the whip is cracked on 'Sleigh Ride' Love listening to the 'clip clop' bit though. Ronan plays it every year.

Scorpions had a naked child on an album cover back in the day
    So had Nirvana......oh the uproar...:rolleyes:

Is a picture of Elton John...on the cover of an Elton John album offensive to anyone....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,860 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

For the first year since that damned song became an earworm, I've managed to get through the entire festive season without hearing it.
    Sometimes this involved fancy footwork, like punting the radio out of the window, or simply walking away quickly if it wasn't mine, as others take exception to me crushing and stamping on their possessions.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I've just been listening back to a podcast from Dave Fanning's show - it's an interview with his former producer Ian Wilson who is retiring. He started out booking bands when he was in Trinity College (The Clash, The Buzzcocks and The Chieftains got mentioned during the interview) and in time went on to 2FM. He came up with the idea of recording live sessions with up and coming bands because there was a studio lying empty in RTE. The first band they brought in was U2 because he wanted to see how a noisy rock band would fare out in there. Over the years all sorts of acts got a chance to do a session and some went on to better things. Later on he developed the dance music side of things on 2FM and ruffled feathers/made connections in the European Broadcasting Union.

Listening to him talk, I realised that this man of retirement age still has far more fire in his belly, more passion about new music and a belief that settling for banality is wrong than people half his age. Now we get clowns with fancy hair who get offended by a 30 year old song sung by fictional characters

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yaxley Peters

If Eoghan McDermott was sat next to me on a train, I'd move seats; rather than listen to this obnoxious trendy lecturing me on the latest social justice movement. He is only slightly less irritating than his sister (ya know, yer one from Dublin with a Manhattan accent). I've thought of a great new punishment for the dregs in Mountjoy: Make them visit the McDermott household for Christmas. A week there should be enough to turn them away from a life of crime.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mod: Ok Christmas is over, I think this thread has run it's course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement