Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

He's a complete irrelevance. I only referenced him to laugh at his opinion.

Of course he is. And he's even more incompetent, than irrelevant.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

9726_9726 wrote: »
    Man, that is a lot of money for that. What are your options?

Dial Up, Mobile Broadband, Imagine and Nova are the options... fibre brought within 700m of our house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

irishfeen wrote: »
    Dial Up, Mobile Broadband, Imagine and Nova are the options... fibre brought within 700m of our house :(

Nova for me personally are great during the daytime, which is useless unless you work from home; but after 7pm then you are on less than 5Mb-6Mb that is scatter shooting up on down between 2-6Mb, never gotten above 10Mb during the hours of 7pm-Midnight, horrid for streaming.

This seems similar to a lot of Imagine customer accounts of service from what I am reading on this thread.

Long shot, but do you know any of your neighbours in the golden area for fibre? If you were friendly a long shot would be set up a Ubiquiti point to point wireless link, line of sight would be required along with the purchase and setup of equipment.

Long shot, but potentially possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Has anyone gotten one of those warning emails for going over the allowance lately?

Just copped today as I start my pre-load for Red Dead, that I haven't gotten one in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wing126 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten one of those warning emails for going over the allowance lately?

Just copped today as I start my pre-load for Red Dead, that I haven't gotten one in months.
    sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Cappagh, North Kildare mast -

Between 9 pm to 10 pm every night lately the service just dies completely and you can't even load a web page.

Has anyone got anywhere complaining about the service to these gangsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ardent wrote: »
    Cappagh, North Kildare mast -

Between 9 pm to 10 pm every night lately the service just dies completely and you can't even load a web page.

Has anyone got anywhere complaining about the service to these gangsters?

Seems to be almost along the same lines here in North Cork, service absolutely dives in quality and speed come 7pm, it used always slow as expected but its being taken to another level over last few weeks.

Service is becoming almost Un-useable in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Dero

The problem with complaining is that there's little they can do. The capacity just isn't currently there. Whether that be lack of back-haul or RF spectrum, the net result is the same.

If you complain vociferously enough, they will offer to terminate the contract (on the basis that they're unable to fulfil it to your satisfaction). Unfortunately for a majority of their customers, there are no real alternatives. Imagine know this full well, and probably depend on it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Dero wrote: »
    The problem with complaining is that there's little they can do. The capacity just isn't currently there. Whether that be lack of back-haul or RF spectrum, the net result is the same.

If you complain vociferously enough, they will offer to terminate the contract (on the basis that they're unable to fulfil it to your satisfaction). Unfortunately for a majority of their customers, there are no real alternatives. Imagine know this full well, and probably depend on it. :(

Spot on I’m afraid.
    I just remind myself that if the NBP ever gets implemented, I’ll be dropping Imagine like a hot potato and will never return to them again out of principle....even if they resell ftth at a cheaper rate than competitors.
    They are completely taking the p*ss on a number of masts.
    If they transferred their bs marketing budget to infrastructure maybe they could provide a good service to all

Agree with the above unfortunately, it's the same with any fixed wireless provider, who has oversold on their sectors without enough backhaul. They then traffic shape or have rules in place for peak hours to make your connection crawl.

I am with an alternative fixed wireless provider but have the exact same issues, nothing will change as they operate in areas usually that don't have any other viable options

I feel people should still complain/highlight the issues to their ISP, but whether anything will be done about it is likely slim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just got this SMS from Imagine this morning:
    Local Broadband Message Hi - We have been informed by our third party fibre provider that they will be conducting minor optimization and update works to their fibre network on Wednesday 7th of November between 00:01 and 06:00. Although minor, these works may affect your broadband connection temporarily during this time. Thanks - Imagine.
    I'm on the Ardagh Mast in Longford.
    Hopefully it won't cause any speed issues after these "optimizations" are done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just got this SMS from Imagine this morning:

I'm on the Ardagh Mast in Longford.
    Hopefully it won't cause any speed issues after these "optimizations" are done.....

How do you find the speed in general off that mast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Pretty good - average of 40Meg down speed - drops to 10-15 for a bit in the evening when kids are home from school etc.

Way better than the 5Meg I had with Eircom for the same price

Edit: This is it right now:

7788637728.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

They were back in Thurles Shopping centre today. Seen them sign up two people I know have FTTH in their area. Oversubscribe it a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Would I be mad to sign up with Imagine.

I'm currently with a wireless provider on a 10MB package that's decent enough but come evening time it drops to 1-2MB and makes streaming very difficult.

Would it be a case of from the frying pan to the fire moving from these to Imagine.

I'm in Roscommon so would be on the Mount Kelly mast I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

BullBauld wrote: »

I'm currently with a wireless provider on a 10MB package that's decent enough but come evening time it drops to 1-2MB and makes streaming very difficult.

Would it be a case of from the frying pan to the fire moving from these to Imagine.

It’ll probably be better than what you have but it’s really no alternative to a reliable FTTH/ADSL2+/VDSL connection that’s for sure!

In your case it would really come down to price. Worst case scenario of contention 1-5mb, is it really worth €60 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

How much are you paying for the 10mb connection?
    Is there many ftth connected around you the more the better as less people onthe mast

If he's around the Mt. Kelly mast, then there is a large recent enough FTTH rollout, which would help on contention.

I assume it's Eurona Brisknet, he's with. Premier Broadband has Jet gear on that mast at Mt. Kelly and Airwire is adding Jet in that area January/February. Also on Mt. Kelly.

Lots of better options for less than the 60 EUR Imagine charge.

/M

naughto wrote: »
    How much are you paying for the 10mb connection?
    Is there many ftth connected around you the more the better as less people onthe mast

Paying €45 currently.

Not sure on the FTTH connections locally.

I would hazard a guess that the mast isn't overly subscribed but couldn't be sure.

Marlow wrote: »
    If he's around the Mt. Kelly mast, then there is a large recent enough FTTH rollout, which would help on contention.

I assume it's Eurona Brisknet, he's with. Premier Broadband has Jet gear on that mast at Mt. Kelly and Airwire is adding Jet in that area January/February. Also on Mt. Kelly.

Lots of better options for less than the 60 EUR Imagine charge.

/M

Aye yes Eurona. Would a higher package (30MB) improve contention speeds or could it just be the same?

Would love to hear the better options available!

• Advertisement

Aye yes Eurona. Would a higher package (30MB) improve contention speeds or could it just be the same?

Would love to hear the better options available!

I'm not sure. If it drops that much, as you say, then they probably don't have enough bandwidth to site. They use Motorola Canopy and the successor Cambrium. So their tech is able to deliver 30 Mbit/s without problems. To the end user that is.

It's like what people describe on Imagine .. The sector is capable of 150 Mbit/s or more .. but that's no good if there isn't enough bandwidth on the site.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Nova has been amazing last 3 weeks, ever since supernova was available here havens dropped below 25mb at night. Can actually stream 1080p 60 now on youtube at night and that feels great. Are imagine and Nova run from the same towers maybe both services will improve over time as I was getting 1-2mb at night a few weeks ago aswell.

Marlow wrote: »
    I'm not sure. If it drops that much, as you say, then they probably don't have enough bandwidth to site. They use Motorola Canopy and the successor Cambrium. So their tech is able to deliver 30 Mbit/s without problems. To the end user that is.

It's like what people describe on Imagine .. The sector is capable of 150 Mbit/s or more .. but that's no good if there isn't enough bandwidth on the site.

/M

Thanks for the reply.

Other options are very apparent so I'll be staying put it seems.

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Nova has been amazing last 3 weeks, ever since supernova was available here havens dropped below 25mb at night. Can actually stream 1080p 60 now on youtube at night and that feels great. Are imagine and Nova run from the same towers maybe both services will improve over time as I was getting 1-2mb at night a few weeks ago aswell.

On Nova (supernova) connected to Rochestown mast, just did a speedtest and getting 6mb down right now, was downloading an hour ago and speeds were 25mb down

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

parc wrote:
    I don't want to pay around 500 for something I'm only going to be using for about two weeks of the year.

Marlow wrote:

Marlow wrote:

I'm with eurona and get 22mb all day. In the evening I'm lucky to get 3mb. Pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Anyone have the latest router login for the Huawei B2286?

Have tried admin/LTEcpe and admin/admin and neither work

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Anyone in athy..is the service down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

koppy wrote: »
    Anyone in athy..is the service down

Gone in east Co Galway and North Kilkenny too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dunjam

Gone around Lough Ree Longford Roscommon area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Dunjam wrote: »
    Gone around Lough Ree Longford Roscommon area

Looks like is nationwide looking at posts on their Facebook page.

Advertisement