Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yep, all great here still. 50+ Mbps during the day / evening. 150+ Mbps at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fichtl

Does the 20GB allowance definitely reset at midnight, i.e. could I do a lot of downloading between 11pm and midnight and then have it reset again for the next day? Also, do Imagine allow you to monitor usage throughout the day or how do you monitor it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Fichtl wrote: »
    Does the 20GB allowance definitely reset at midnight, i.e. could I do a lot of downloading between 11pm and midnight and then have it reset again for the next day? Also, do Imagine allow you to monitor usage throughout the day or how do you monitor it?

Thanks

Im with them a few years but the 20GB resets at midnight however, depending on who you talk to in customer support, you have a 50 GB floating allowance each week on top of that and many times I have downloaded very large game updates after midnight and they haven't impacted my 20GB daily allowance.

They had a customer portal to show usage, which wasnt real time anyway and doesnt seem to be available currently.

Previously you got an email from them when you went over 15GB as a warning, I haven't received those in a long time either.

They dont seem to be overly strict on the daily usage but do throttle at times.

Consistency isnt something they are good at on any level :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I haven't had any usage warnings in many months, the online usage portal has been offline for at least 6 months if not more, and I recently downloaded ESO which is a hefty 60 gig download during the day without any issues. However, I would usually not get even close to the 20 GIg daily limit. I can track my daily traffic on my own router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

morgana wrote: »
    I haven't had any usage warnings in many months, the online usage portal has been offline for at least 6 months if not more, and I recently downloaded ESO which is a hefty 60 gig download during the day without any issues. However, I would usually not get even close to the 20 GIg daily limit. I can track my daily traffic on my own router.
    Yeah - I haven't had a warning in a LONG time - I suspect they are gonna either up the limit officially or even remove it at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Let’s just not talk about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

I live around 400m away from my nearest neighbours . I have noticed that if walk outside my house I can not detect my imagine signal with my laptop, yet I can detect my neighbours signal inside my house. How come my neighbours signal is so powerful. Some sort of booster?

Since the neighbours signal started showing up about a month ago my own connection has gotten really bad, its keeps dropping, it will stay connected for 1 minute and then drop for a minute all day long. Maybe its a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

Ardrageen wrote: »
    Since the neighbours signal started showing up about a month ago my own connection has gotten really bad, its keeps dropping, it will stay connected for 1 minute and then drop for a minute all day long. Maybe its a coincidence?

Looks like their router in on the same channel as yours. Use an Android phone to suss out the best channel and change yours.

https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

thank you for the suggestion. I will try it later tonight

Looks like Imagine will not allow you to log on to their router to change channels.

I can log in to what I thought was my neighbours internet connection using my password. So its probably not my neighbours connection at all. I must have two. This sounds unusual but maybe it is normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Looks like Imagine will not allow you to log on to their router to change channels.

I can log in to what I thought was my neighbours internet connection using my password. So its probably not my neighbours connection at all. I must have two. This sounds unusual but maybe it is normal.
    You can turn off the WiFi on the imagine router and then use your own seperate router as a bridge which you have full access to the wireless settings on. Just plug a network cable into the imagine router and plug the other end into the wan port on own router.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Another **** night. 30mbps+ all day until 6pm, sub 6mbps since. My 4G on the phone is actually faster....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I was bit surprised that you were picking up a signal inside your house from a house 400 meters away. Keep posting. I'm curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

If ye cant log into the router then why dont ye factory reset the router .. There must be some button on the router to do this .. After that there should be a default password that the manufacturer provided that should work

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Ehh I think the router broadcasts on two bands.. 2.4 and 5Ghz.
    You can choose which one to use for various reasons...

https://www.howtogeek.com/222249/whats-the-difference-between-2.4-ghz-and-5-ghz-wi-fi-and-which-should-you-use/

Hope that helps
    vida

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

vidapura wrote: »
    Ehh I think the router broadcasts on two bands.. 2.4 and 5Ghz.
    You can choose which one to use for various reasons...

https://www.howtogeek.com/222249/whats-the-difference-between-2.4-ghz-and-5-ghz-wi-fi-and-which-should-you-use/

Hope that helps
    vida

Depends on the router but a lot of the Huawei LTE routers (especially the older ones) supplied by Imagine are only on 2.4mhz band.

Thank you for the ideas and suggestions. As you can tell from my questions I am clearly not an expert but I have learned a few things over the last couple of days.

So I have 2 WiFi networks, a 5G WiFi network which has higher max attainable speeds, but the range will be more limited, and a 2G network with less speed but greater range. So I can choose between the 2 networks depending on the needs and positions of my different devices. Sorry if this is obvious to most of ye but it was news to me.

I contacted Imagine and they have updated my WiFi settings on my router. It seems to be dropping less now and I had consistent speeds of 10Mbps last night during peak times instead of my normal 2Mbps so there was definitely an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

I'm just sick of this shower. 3-4mbps during peak times. Any kind of saturation and latency goes into the 1000s. Battling with them but they say there isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

I'm just sick of this shower. 3-4mbps during peak times. Any kind of saturation and latency goes into the 1000s. Battling with them but they say there isn't a problem.

You'd have a better time at this stage lobbying government to ensure a National Broadband Plan takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Which mast is that ?.

• Advertisement

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Which mast is that ?.

All of them I'd say...

Crap here in Oranmore last night during the european rugby matches.. barely 3mbps... practically useless...

40Mbps right now but I'll bet by the time the Munster match starts it'll be pathetic again.

But who am I complaining to ? Its not like Imagine are listening or give a damn.

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Which mast is that ?.

All of them I'd say...

Crap here in Oranmore last night during the european rugby matches.. barely 3mbps... practically useless...

40Mbps right now but I'll bet by the time the Munster match starts it'll be pathetic again.

But who am I complaining to ? Its not like Imagine are listening or give a damn.

They've the ultimate scam set up really.. use 1890 numbers for tech support.. be sh*t*...and watch the money roll in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

vidapura wrote: »
    They've the ultimate scam set up really.. use 1890 numbers for tech support.. be sh*t*...and watch the money roll in...

1890 numbers don't generate revenue, they actually cost money to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Pelvis wrote: »
    1890 numbers don't generate revenue, they actually cost money to have.

What’s the purpose to have it ? Surely every customer would prefer regular landline number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

alec76 wrote: »
    What’s the purpose to have it ? Surely every customer would prefer regular landline number ?

http://www.saynoto1890.com/faq/

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/comreg-calls-time-on-1850-and-1890-number-36039552.html

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Service getting steadily worse from Bweeng mast, restarting the modem used work most of the time to bring back up the speed a few Mb but not that doesn’t make a difference. If wireless forms part of the NBP then I’m going to explode..

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/2898826244

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

irishfeen wrote: »
    Service getting steadily worse from Bweeng mast, restarting the modem used work most of the time to bring back up the speed a few Mb but not that doesn’t make a difference. If wireless forms part of the NBP then I’m going to explode..

Man, that is a lot of money for that. What are your options?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

irishfeen wrote: »

Peter Casey thinks that the NBP should be entirely made up of wireless 4g. I think he needs to sit down and look at the last 10 pages of this thread to see why wireless should not be let near any broadband plan.

Wireless is mostly rubbish, because companies like Imagine know that most of there customers have no other choice and oversubscribe it for maximum profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gonzo wrote: »
    Peter Casey thinks that the NBP should be entirely made up of wireless 4g. I think he needs to sit down and look at the last 10 pages of this thread to see why wireless should not be let near any broadband plan.

He also needs to sit down and analyze the last NBS and what the result of that was. And then look at all the Three NBS posts in the Midband section.

Why on earth does he want to repeat the last failure, that fixed nothing.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Marlow wrote: »
    He also needs to sit down and analyze the last NBS and what the result of that was. And then look at all the Three NBS posts in the Midband section.

Why on earth does he want to repeat the last failure, that fixed nothing.

/M

He's a complete irrelevance. I only referenced him to laugh at his opinion.

Advertisement