Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The legality of handcuffs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TransplantedDub

Until the system allows for licensing of security officers, with manditory training, strict guidelines on how to detain for transfer to police.......any form of restraint device is out. Security guards act as an "agent" of their employer, secure the premises/ property, observe, record and call the Guards.....the uniforms and stuff...all phsycological.....fools the "clients" (sorta).... I know it is frustrating for a security officer, and yes a physical tirade might be avoided...but there ya go, thats how it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buster2k14

Hi i am am a Security officer in Ireland and also have my UK Security license and in UK i can legally carry and use handcuffs as a security officer or bouncer as you call it witch is actually 'Door Supervisor' unless your in the role on the front line then you don't know what security go through you get needles put to your head you get spat at you get assaulted you get knifes and guns to your head so you don't think security here don't need them ??? well your obviously one these Goodie goodies...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TransplantedDub

Was an MP in DF....never used them...also did security work pre-1989.....In Ireland....unless your a sworn officer (with the powers of arrest) Garda Siochana, Airport Police, Harbour Police...Prison Service, and DF Military Police....you don't have the authority to use them....you leave yourself open to lawsuits (and prosecution) for false imprisonment ......might fly in another EU country but not Ireland.....if you feel you need to use handcuffs....become a Police Officer.
    Go ahead and try it....and a free legal aid barrister defending one of those gangster wannabes will show you your hat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

buster2k14 wrote:
    Hi i am am a Security officer in Ireland and also have my UK Security license and in UK i can legally carry and use handcuffs as a security officer or bouncer as you call it witch is actually 'Door Supervisor' unless your in the role on the front line then you don't know what security go through you get needles put to your head you get spat at you get assaulted you get knifes and guns to your head so you don't think security here don't need them ??? well your obviously one these Goodie goodies...

Did a 7 year old thread annoy you so much at 3 in the morning that you just had to tell the world about it?

Advertisement