Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemmy RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he once was a vicar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nodin wrote: »

Thanks dude. great memories of that track.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

RIP. Very sorry now that I didn't get the chance to see them live.

Although I'm glad that nobody in here has replied with "who?" as is custom in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I never got into Motorhead - all I know is Ace Of Spades and about how much of a hellraiser Lemmy was, but man do I love that ****ing song. Saw more shares of it on Facebook than of Motorhead stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

One of the greatest bassists known to man, the motorhead finally succumbed.

Some of my musical heroes on that space ritual album, Lemmy, Bob Calvert and Nik Turner.

Brilliant, thanks for posting that up :)

• Advertisement

Was lucky to catch Lemmy once with the second incarnation of Motorhead in 1984 when Brian Robertson joined the group and a few American musicians for the Another Perfect Day album tour. Would've loved to caught the original line up of Fast Eddie Clarke, Philthy Phil Taylor and Lemmy in Iron Fist tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Tigger wrote: »

Do you mean he pulled a girls top up
    Lucky that's all he got

No the lad pulled his own t shirt up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Honored on WWE Raw last night. He was behind a few of their theme tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I wonder is Justin Hawkins happy or sad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I wonder is Justin Hawkins happy or sad ?

Personally i dont care about the darkness or justin hawkins,this is a thread about lemmy deceased,can people stop trying to be over clever and just post their condolances and memories.is that really too much to ask?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

RIP War-Pig Kilmister

Motorhead for me was Fast Eddie, Philthy Phil & Lemmy...

They were never the same for me without Eddie & Phil, but the thought of no Lemmy & no Motorhead is like a chapter in my life closing :(

May the Gods of hard rock welcome you to Metal Valhalla to rock once more...

Shine on you crazy diamond, you will be missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ah...the death of a legend.

As a metaller in my youth, I was never that big a Motorhead fan, I'll have to admit, but certainly admired their effect and contribution to the music and music in general.

Always liked Lemmy, though, and how he spoke about things in a refreshingly honest and straight forward way.

I don't often say nonsense like the following, but we really will never see his like again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Was lucky to catch Lemmy once with the second incarnation of Motorhead in 1984 when Brian Robertson joined the group and a few American musicians for the Another Perfect Day album tour. Would've loved to caught the original line up of Fast Eddie Clarke, Philthy Phil Taylor and Lemmy in Iron Fist tour.

I love that album (Another Perfect Day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

Watched the doco about him on Netflix a few months back. What a guy. Really nice, really down to earth.

Love the fact he was so into the Beatles too. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Love this quote, he hit the nail on the head.

"If you don't mind being alone it's a great gift, there's so many people now who can't stand to be on their own, silence bothers people and they can't read to alleviate it either, if the TV breaks down then they're f*cked, the world goes away from them"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

From that documentary .... ""I'm responsible for my actions, I dont need to hide behind nothing. The devil didn't make me do it, I did it... whatever I did'"
    Mesrine65 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Enjoyed this yesterday. Such anniversary shows would likely have been promoted as a final tour at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the musical version of thw North altlantic drift has stopped nothing can kick start the process again

When all the monsters of the pre 90,s are gone it's over

RIP LEMMY

Acquaintance of mine had 19 Lemmy related status updates on Facebook last Wednesday. 19.

She had never so much as mentioned his name in the 5 years or so before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Acquaintance of mine had 19 Lemmy related status updates on Facebook last Wednesday. 19.

So what?

I'm a big Motorhead fan but never mentioned him either on Facebook.
    There were a lot of sites that I have Liked such as Radio Nova etc who had status updates about Lemmy which came up on my page. Same with Scott Weiland and Philthy Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I don't really see the harm. It's pretty nice the amount of people paying tribute to him, even those who wouldn't have been bothered with his music. Shows what an iconic figure he is who'll be well remembered, and deservedly so.

19 is a bit excessive right enough I suppose, but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

"If you're going to be a ****ing rock star, go be one. People don't want to see the guy next door on stage; they want to see a being from another planet." -

"I don't do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It's too late for regrets. You've already done it, haven't you? You've lived your life. No point wishing you could change it."

... playing his music and having a few drinks to see out the year.

From a great album that seemed to pass a lot of people by, for some reason.

From a great album that seemed to pass a lot of people by, for some reason.

Be my lover, the only one
    Be anything but don't be gone

Not by me. I love that song and album. It's a shame they never played it or Shine live.

Not by me. I love that song and album. It's a shame they never played it or Shine live.

It never made the "old faves" part of the set list later on afaik, but there was a live album with those tracks on it with the re-issued album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah it's very sad that he has passed.

So many stories and such great music.

RIP you horrible bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The man kept a high standard going for a long time. Some of the stuff they did in the 90s and 00s is every bit as good as the classic era

Remember being blown away by the title track of that album, I thought motorhead had no suprises in them

It never made the "old faves" part of the set list later on afaik, but there was a live album with those tracks on it with the re-issued album.

Did you ever see them on tour when they did play it?

I was expecting him by now to rise out of the grave on a motorbike, with a beautiful woman by his side, flipping his middle finger saying he fooled us all and roar off into the night. Damn you death :(

np: Motorhead - Stay Clean

• Advertisement

How did he die anyway, Lemmy was supposed to be indomitable and a super rock god, it was not possible that he could ever die. Lemmy was supposed to go on for ever like he was the first rock star from the stone age of man.

Advertisement