Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview the person below you II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Explain this please.
    In 2 years I will be twice as old as I was 5 years ago. What age am I??

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Let = my age now
    = my age 5 yrs ago
    = my age in 2 yrs

What age are you?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What age are you?..

I am 48 close to 49.And happy I made it this far,heh.

Your favorite memory with your parents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Driving on holidays in Wexford, dad getting lost and all of us laughing because we were going around in circles.

Best family holiday ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I never went on a family holiday! Parents were preocccupied with their politics and work (they are joyless people, it wouldve been excruciating anyway) and my grandmother (who I mostly lived with) took me to England a few times but I barely remember it.

Would you be a child/teenager again?

I never went on a family holiday! Parents were preocccupied with their politics and work (they are joyless people, it wouldve been excruciating anyway) and my grandmother (who I mostly lived with) took me to England a few times but I barely remember it.

Would you be a child/teenager again?

In a heartbeat if I knew then what I know now.

What is your worst character flaw if any?

Probably laziness..

Do you trust people easily?

• Advertisement

Probably laziness..

Do you trust people easily?

I tend to yes. My father always told me to allow people to screw you over once. Then you know where you stand.

Worst vacation you had?

Character flaw, not in a bad tempered way but I'm very contrary in myself. I sabotage my own life without realising it at the time or ever knowing why.

Favourite wild (nature) thing you have seen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Baby foxes running around playing

Ever chase someone with a giant bread roll?

No, but I just might do so!

Ever have a pillow fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Gorteen

No, but I just might do so!

Ever have a pillow fight?

Used to have pillow fights at sports days in the 70's.They were fairly tough and we were usually astride a large horizontal telegraph pole, so when you lost your balance, you fell down...

What was your first car?

A Mitsubishi 7 seater pajero, learned to drive in it so anything else is a piece of cake in comparison.

What car would you buy if I gave you a blank cheque?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Gorteen

A Mitsubishi 7 seater pajero, learned to drive in it so anything else is a piece of cake in comparison.

What car would you buy if I gave you a blank cheque?

A big Tesla with all the bells and whistles

Are you worried about Covid 19?

Not in the slightest.

Today is World Book Day, what's the best book you've read?

Not in the slightest.

Today is World Book Day, what's the best book you've read?

Mark Mathabane - Kaffir Boy

Autobiography about a boy growing up in the slums during apartheid in South Africa. Read it when I was 11/12. Opened my mind up so much. Just blew me away that a child could go through all that and grow up as quickly as he had to ... Just the comparison to my life and my 'struggles'. It's always stayed with me.

Read cry freedom then. And then my mam had the transcripts of Steve Bikos trial and I tried to read them but I was just too young and I couldn't follow it so I gave up.

What was the nicest thing you saw today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Autobiography about a boy growing up in the slums during apartheid in South Africa. Read it when I was 11/12. Opened my mind up so much. Just blew me away that a child could go through all that and grow up as quickly as he had to ... Just the comparison to my life and my 'struggles'. It's always stayed with me.

Read cry freedom then. And then my mam had the transcripts of Steve Bikos trial and I tried to read them but I was just too young and I couldn't follow it so I gave up.

Hungry hill with the sun beaming down on it before the rain.

Have you ever heard of a nixer being called a foxer?

Hungry hill with the sun beaming down on it before the rain.

Have you ever heard of a nixer being called a foxer?

Nope, never!

Do you believe in Dinosaurs? Blows my mind that some people don't.

• Advertisement

Well now, I actually brought my daughters to see Barney in the RDS many years ago so yeah, I believe in dinosaurs. (Have the pics to prove it too!)

Are you on Twitter and if so, who do you recommend I follow for the laughs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well now, I actually brought my daughters to see Barney in the RDS many years ago so yeah, I believe in dinosaurs. (Have the pics to prove it too!)

Are you on Twitter and if so, who do you recommend I follow for the laughs?

No and stay well away from it pwincess , it's toxic !

A black and white cat 🐱

Does that surprise you ?

You liking cats? No way! Mind blown:p

Have you any cats at home?

I dont ☹️

Would you let me cat sit for you sometime?

I dont ☹️

Would you let me cat sit for you sometime?

Swear to you seph I've already decided when I have the money I'm setting up the most AMAZING Cat Hotel! It's gonna be so damn fancy and I'm hiring you as my manager. I'm a bit of a distance from you but the job and the wage will be totally worth it! All the Kitty's in the land will come to us for their holidays. We'll be doing bigger business than the Hilton!

Warning; may be a pipe dream!

Oh a question...

Will you join the team?

Damn straight I will 🐱😃

What time are you going to bed tonight?

Damn straight I will ðŸ±ðŸ˜႒

What time are you going to bed tonight?

:D:D

Dunno. Whenever I think I'll actually fall asleep.

Best job you ever had?

As a student, did 3 weeks placement where we took ridiculously long breaks (with permission to do so) and sat around chatting all day and got paid for doing so, brilliant craic!

Would you follow the same career path again if you could turn back time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Not s chance.

Are you a good dancer?

RMAOK wrote: »
    Not s chance.

Are you a good dancer?

No, I was born without rhythm. It's a horrible birth defect.

Favourite breakfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Don't eat breakfast. In my smoking days it was coffee and a fag - bliss.

One place in the world you'd love to see?

There are a few holy sites in India I'd like to visit, top would be The Golden Temple of Amritsar.

Do you ever have one of those days where you constantly seem to be saying the wrong thing?

Candie wrote: »
    There are a few holy sites in India I'd like to visit, top would be The Golden Temple of Amritsar.

Do you ever have one of those days where you constantly seem to be saying the wrong thing?

That sounds amazing.

Yes I have those days. My entire life has been one long episode of foot in mouth.

Ever made a blatant faux pas that was a transparent 'tell' to someone you fancied? And if so, what was it?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That sounds amazing.

Yes I have those days. My entire life has been one long episode of foot in mouth.

Ever made a blatant faux pas that was a transparent 'tell' to someone you fancied? And if so, what was it?

Yes. I'd known him a little bit for a while and one day when I unexpectedly saw him, I stopped dead and stood like twelve o'clock half struck, not aware I was staring at him. He did the very same the first time he saw me so we are even.

What about you?

Yes. I'd known him a little bit for a while and one day when I unexpectedly saw him, I stopped dead and stood like twelve o'clock half struck, not aware I was staring at him. He did the very same the first time he saw me so we are even.

What about you?

As yours is really sweet and romantic and not at all embarrassing (as all of my many examples are) I'm not prepared to humiliate myself in public further. Let's just say it's always really obvious if I fancy someone, and not 8n a sweet or romantic way either.ðŸ˜

Most unlikely person you ever had a crush on (IRL)

They probably seem sweet to the person, who I'm sure is flattered by the reason.

My ex boyfriend...he was, on paper, not the type many would go for but to me he was special...some people have something about them that makes them much more than the sum of their parts.

Apparently I still think about the fecker at times :D

Did you ever receive a handmade gift?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That sounds amazing.

A good few years ago a guy I'd a big, blushing, embarrassing crush on asked me if I would go out and get coffees for people at the office. I meant to say "I will do!". Instead, I said "I love you".

So, yes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yes, and sometimes a handmade gift can mean much more than a bought one on account of the thought that went in to it.

Has your weekend started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Yes, and sometimes a handmade gift can mean much more than a bought one on account of the thought that went in to it.

Has your weekend started yet?

Yep finish at 1ish on Fridays

Do you listen to the radio or stream music?

• Advertisement

Radio on at home, radio on when I'm driving, ipod when walking.

Ever been interviewed on the radio?

I don't think so. Not in a studio at least.

After eating, how long do you wait before washing the dishes, or do you wash them immediately?

I leave them in the sink for the little magical people to do them .

While fancying someone in a bid to let them know you like them, have you ever grabbed your crush and started kissing them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

After eating, how long do you wait before washing the dishes, or do you wash them immediately?

Depends how hungry I am.. some things are better left soaking!
    Whats your favourite snack food?

I leave them in the sink for the little magical people to do them .

While fancying someone in a bid to let them know you like them, have you ever grabbed your crush and started kissing them ?
    Depends how hungry I am.. ?

I thought this was an answer to Seph's question :)
    I don't really have a taste for snacks.
    Do you have many shared interests with your other half, if you're not single?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I'm single
    Have you watched love is blind?

• Advertisement

:D:D so did I!

Yeah plenty and we have shared outlook on life as well which is even better.

Have you given up anything? Not for Lent but for life. Smoking, drinking, eating meat, kissing strangers .. anything at all?!

I quit smoking in 08 and haven't touched them since, I'm trying to give up procrastination and ruminating

Does that count?

I quit smoking in 08 and haven't touched them since, I'm trying to give up procrastination and ruminating

Does that count?

Absolutely!

If you find a good way to quit the procrastinating will you share it with me??

Absolutely!

If you find a good way to quit the procrastinating will you share it with me??

I hereby declare the support group for procrastinators and ruminators open.

What's would be first on your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Reading the apologies.

What is the biggest regret of your life?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement