Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sort of Boat do you paddle???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Myself I paddle a Pyranha Everest and hoping to get a Jackson Mon-Star soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭roryq69

Hey paddle a wavesport X. Its a pretty old boat but its real good fun to paddle. pretty good on the river and not too hard to paddle on flatwater either. thinking of upgrading thoughany suggestions on what would be good. Paddle rivers(nothin too mad), Flat water, and surf. I'm about 175Lbs and just over 6ft. Strong build so need plenty of room(wavesport is a bit of a squeeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭christramp

What about a jackson super hero - I have a classic for sale @ € 550
    What makes this a Super Hero? For Medium to Large boaters to paddle rivers upright and in control, drop through their favorite creeks, surf those hard to catch waves, or handle big water on the surface

What do you get with the Super Hero? Speed, strength, lasting power, comfort, stability, ease of rolling, and great looks are just the start.

Run anything, pack some gear, and enjoy the confidence this river running/creek boat offers. While the Fun is your best combination of river running/play this boat is your best combination of river running/creeking. Designed to handle the largest diversity of water possible it will not let you down anywhere you decide to go. Low draft, long lines means it handles shallow water without bottoming out and stays fast. Volume is designed to keep you on the surface and upright in big water or at the bottom of drops. This boat has no match in speed at 8' in length either, so whether you are doing a big ferry, a long flat-water paddle out of your favorite river or trying to beat your paddling buddy to the takeout, you'll have an ace in the hole!

SUPER%20HERO%201.JPG
    roryq69 wrote: »
    Hey paddle a wavesport X. Its a pretty

old boat but its real good fun to paddle. pretty good on the river and not too hard to paddle on flatwater either. thinking of upgrading thoughany suggestions on what would be good. Paddle rivers(nothin too mad), Flat water, and surf. I'm about 175Lbs and just over 6ft. Strong build so need plenty of room(wavesport is a bit of a squeeze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I wouldn't really recommend the hero if you're only doing grade three or less, and it wouldn't be much use for surf. That said for bigger water it's an absolutely savage boat, I paddle a sidekick myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Bought myself a Pyranha Burn yesterday.... Can't wait to get it out on the water!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭decdev

Robson waikiki small touring boat thinking about P&H Scorpio to buy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smorley

Truley wrote: »
    I wouldn't really recommend the hero if you're only doing grade three or less, and it wouldn't be much use for surf. That said for bigger water it's an absolutely savage boat, I paddle a sidekick myself :)

Hi,

I am trying to decide between a Jackson Sidekick and Little Hero, upsizing from an InaZone 212. I am 5' and 50Kg so I am within the weight range for both. How do you find the sidekick in grade 4 water?

I had a sit in a little hero in iCanoe and thought it was a bit big in front of the cockpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

You are the exact same height and weight as me. I would definitely go for a sidekick. Finding one in Ireland would be the problem. Maybe ask ICanoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Has anyone paddled a jackson Zen??? Haven spoken to anyone who yet and am looking for opinions on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Mamba 8.1. Can't wait.

Advertisement