Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring floodlight cam... 20% off on Amazon uk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irish TuneR

Are you being deliberately pedantic?

The installer is a qualified RECI electrician, who has branched off into supplying and installing ring products. He tested the wifi as part of the installation process and was very detailed in telling me everything he was doing.

The "simple DIY installation" you mentioned may apply to battery powered cams but mine is wired, so this involved drilling through a solid outside wall, installing a new power point, and climbing up and down a ladder to do so.
    I'm out.
    Jesus wept, people were only trying to help you but you seem like the bane of retail staff and technical support everywhere. Also climbing a ladder isn't technical unless the person holding it is a Elevation Support Technician.

Out of curiosity what did the RECI electrician say when you advised him it wasn't working right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Did anyone actually know she was woman until the mansplaining comment? Ridiculous person.

I have floodlight cam and I'm very happy with it, 2 way communication is good, spiders and cobwebs can set it off if it's not cleaned off, I am however going to get 24/7 CCTV to go with it as it can mis the odd notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Etnies wrote: »
    Did anyone actually know she was woman until the mansplaining comment? Ridiculous person.

This is spot on. She directed it to me and I had no idea the poster was a women.

She must have serious issues with men.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can we leave out the personal comments please.

If anyone is interested in this light, check a range of views. Don't basis it on just one positive or negative review here. Amazon has over 1200 reviews so take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Not sure their was many personal comments apart from the OP whom was overly aggressive in tone

• Advertisement
Advertisement