Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Options

Comments

sue97 wrote: »
    I went ahead and cancelled as they would not match the offer. Going to get my daughter to reorder online. Hope there is no gap in service.

There could be a problem getting a new customer deal on the same property. As far as I remember you can't do it online until one year after cancelling. Might be possible over the phone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

2 questions I can't find answers to on sky website...I'm looking at getting sky TV plus Netflix for 30 euro deal

How much extra is HD pack over standard pack? Can't believe in this day and age HD is still an extra but there you go

On sky go, can you get Irish channels such as rte? I think its actually sky go extra I need to use on ps4 when I'm banished to other room to watch 5 gaa and rugby matches back to back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

2 questions I can't find answers to on sky website...I'm looking at getting sky TV plus Netflix for 30 euro deal

How much extra is HD pack over standard pack? Can't believe in this day and age HD is still an extra but there you go

On sky go, can you get Irish channels such as rte? I think its actually sky go extra I need to use on ps4 when I'm banished to other room to watch 5 gaa and rugby matches back to back
    HD 8euro
    Sky go extra 6pm
    No TG4 on skygo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

SachaJ wrote: »
    Are Sky actually installing though? In the current climate I can't see installer paying house visits

Yes they are,

They had strict guidelines such as windows in room to be open and well ventilated, installer wears ppe, work area clear for installer. Room free for installer to do job etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Are Sky actually installing though? In the current climate I can't see installer paying house visits

I think installers are probably busier than they ever have been.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    HD 8euro
    Sky go extra 6pm
    No TG4 on skygo

Thanks. Are the other Irish channels on it?
    They've managed to turn a headline grabbing figure of 30 euro into 44 euro by adding 2 tiny upgrades - 50% increase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Probably a stupid question but I currently have SIRO broadband and TV package with Vodafone.. will Sky TV box work off internet too or do they still need to put a satellite on your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Thanks. Are the other Irish channels on it?
    They've managed to turn a headline grabbing figure of 30 euro into 44 euro by adding 2 tiny upgrades - 50% increase

Yes, rte 1&2 are there. As is vm 1,2 and 3.
    I suggest holding off on hd sub until you see streams on your ps4 and/or xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Sky online cant tell me if my house can get Broadband but Eir says i can get their fastest. Am i correct in assuming Sky should be fine as a result? I just have to call them as the website 'needs a bit more detail'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Was meant to get a phone call from sky this evening after being onto them yesterday for ages. No phonecall and I couldn't bring myself to ring again and hold hold hold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

givecredit wrote:
    HD 8euro Sky go extra 6pm No TG4 on skygo

No BBC on sky go either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chipschips

HD 8euro
    Sky go extra 6pm
    No TG4 on skygo

I think sky go extra may be free at the minute, no idea how long that will last though.

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Ok, I bit the bullet and signed up. Immediate access to TV content through the Windows app and installation in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ok, I bit the bullet and signed up. Immediate access to TV content through the Windows app and installation in a couple of weeks.

Me too; presume TV and internet contract don’t start until installation day though?

They emailed me saying they were activating the internet today which doesn’t make sense if they haven’t come to install etc?

Do you actually have wait the till existing service is over before ordering a new package under a new name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

In my case they are sending out a new router I think and they'll enable the broadband on Friday.

Hoping I actually have to do very little as I'm using a 3rd party router with Vodafone (Asus 68U or something). I might just need to change the username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ISn't Sky go Extra which is normally €6 per month free as part of VIP Rewards that everyone gets anyway? Each of the siblings have it free as part of their own VIP rewards packages here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    ISn't Sky go Extra which is normally €6 per month free as part of VIP Rewards that everyone gets anyway? Each of the siblings have it free as part of their own VIP rewards packages here.

It is, at the moment anyway. This is my first year with Sky so I'm on the silver tier and have Sky Go Extra for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Anyone know how the different broadband speeds are determined?

The black Friday deal covers speeds up to 500MB but its seems only 75 MB is available in my area.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

SKy installers in my house the past week. They're getting lots of cancellations though as people say they are isolating, and they are wearing masks, cleaning hands.

They ask to have the area sanitised, windows open and stay in another room.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bkrangle wrote: »
    Anyone know how the different broadband speeds are determined?

The black Friday deal covers speeds up to 500MB but its seems only 75 MB is available in my area.

Thanks

Depends on your own broadband connection to the network

Whether it's ADSL, VDSL/FTTC, FTTH etc

The agent on phone warned me that my address would not count as a new customer for a year after cancelling and that if i signed up again it may go through sales but it would not get to installation and i would lose any money paid for setup.

Anyone know how true this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The agent on phone warned me that my address would not count as a new customer for a year after cancelling and that if i signed up again it may go through sales but it would not get to installation and i would lose any money paid for setup.

I know they do say you cannot reconnect for a year as a new customer but they should not take your money in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SonOfSligo

Thanks OP for sharing this.

Just had Sky installed in the last 14 days, so hoping to ring and get this applied. Saving having to cancel and re-order.

Yes, rte 1&2 are there. As is vm 1,2 and 3.
    I suggest holding off on hd sub until you see streams on your ps4 and/or xbox.

But I will have a skybox too so I'd want HD on the main sitting room TV, I know the sky go stream won't be up to same standard as HD sky feed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I cancelled Sky last week it was costing me €184 a month and the broadband was going up by €24 next month so my total bill would be nearly €210 a month!,this deal they are offerening now i would get my package for around €80 :eek:

I was considering changing names on the account like you said but no point now if it wont get installed at the same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I cancelled Sky last week it was costing me €184 a month and the broadband was going up by €24 next month so my total bill would be nearly €210 a month!,this deal they are offerening now i would get my package for around €80 :eek:

I was considering changing names on the account like you said but no point now if it wont get installed at the same address.

Do they really think that the person that signs up for a black friday deal is really going to hang around long enough with them to end up paying over 200 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Signed up yesterday, plan to use for a year then switch to Saorview/Freesat or some combo of both. Installation due in two weeks. Does anyone know if I'll be billed immediately if I start using Sky Go before the installation date? Thanks

• Advertisement

Me too; presume TV and internet contract don’t start until installation day though?

They emailed me saying they were activating the internet today which doesn’t make sense if they haven’t come to install etc?

They send a router (skyhub) in the post and you connect it yourself on the activation date.

As An Post are working at capacity there may be delays. My switch over is tomorrow but the router wont arrive until tomorrow at the earliest.

I wonder if they switch over before I change routers will I lose Internet?

Did it go smoothly for you, Trimm Trabb?

Advertisement