Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100 to spend on build

Options
  • 26-04-2015 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im new to Vaping

I was wondering if you could guide me on where to get the best kit like this for about 100

I would like the best i could get for the money

http://irishvape.com/product/vamo-v5-kit/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Personally, I'd go with an eleaf iStick 30w/50w and something like a Subtank Mini. Very good setup and gives you options later on when you get more advanced. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

An iStick and a mini nautilus is usually the first and best recommendation for beginners on here . I find the sub tank more suited to direct lung inhales which for me came a bit later on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'd go with an istick 30 and a Kanger aerotank mega. You'll have plenty of change for juice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, much as I loved all 4 Vamos that I've owned they're old hat now.

I'd go with an iStick 30w [a little future proofing] and an Eleaf GS air. They're cheaper than the Nautilus, just as good, and designed specifically to go with the isticks. I know that iVape will have them in soon, but thebestshop have them now, for €10.

The iStick 30w is €45. I think that's much better bang for buck than a Vamo kit. Easier use, and neater too.

You'll have plenty over to get a few extra coils and stock up on some juice :)

Another thing to consider is if you happen to want to sell on. You'll find it hard to shift a Vamo, whereas you'll sell on the iStick in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Thanks for the suggestions

Is the iStick bulky?

• Advertisement

Nope, it's one of the neatest devices out there. If you go a little more on the device, you could get the iStick 50w. It's tiny, more powerful and will cover you down the road if you decide to try sub ohm tanks. It's €60 though. The 30w would be just fine for now and leave you some juice funds

Should add that with the isticks you don't need to buy any extra batteries or separate chargers. With the likes of the Vamo you'd need at least a couple of spare batteries at about €10 a pop, and a decent charger, around €25. With the iSticks you just charge them like a phone, they last for ages on full charge, and you can charge them using a laptop and use it while it's charging.

OK so I will get an IStick 50W

What else which is of high standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

I'd go with an istick 30 and a Kanger aerotank mega. You'll have plenty of change for juice as well.

+1 on the Aerotank Mega,great air flow control,great flavour,large selection of replaceable coils from 0.8 up to 1.8 so you can experiment before committing to anything else,€25 for the tank and coils are €2 each from thebestshop,plus 10% discount with 'irishvape' code.

IS it ok to use the iStick 50w with the Aerotank Mega?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    IS it ok to use the iStick 50w with the Aerotank Mega?

It is safe,thing about the 50w is that it gives you a vast range of options as to how you vape,battery life is massive with it and its's regulated for safety. You may not need a 50w just yet,a 30w would probably do until you get accustomed to the whole vaping scene.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

50w is fairly big too. It's small to us who have been vaping a while because we compare the specs against things that are double the size but when comparing it to the average new vapers device it is large.

50w is fairly big too. It's small to us who have been vaping a while because we compare the specs against things that are double the size but when comparing it to the average new vapers device it is large.

Yeah I saw it on youtube, but looks fine

I've been vaping for a good while now and whilst I think the istick is great, unless you are looking for an abnormally long battery life, I'd stick with the 30w.

I use a kanger sub tank and never go over about 22w, so I've no idea what a 50watt device is needed for. With an aerotank you won't need more than 12w at which level the battery will last a day at least.

Are you buying on line or going in to a shop? You pay a bit more in a store, but get the chance to try everything out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

iStick 30w is all you need for right now, in fact its more than you need for right now.
    ELeaf GS air is a great little tank so far, Aspire Nautilus Mini is a more expensive option but also good.
    I'd buy 30w iStick, 2xGS Airs and some nice eliquid, its pretty important you go and try the flavours yourself though. There are so many and you won't know until you try them.

Some people like the tobacco flavours, I hated them and went straight to nice fruits and deserty flavours.

Yup, safest bet is the 30w + Gs Air, even x2 as they are so cheap.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the iStick 50 is big?? towards a Vamo it's teensy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Sorry going off topic for a minute.i got a new cleartomizer and battery and 5he cleartomizer is fine for the first day or 2 then I have to change it cause there's no pull any one know a fix??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

keavebm wrote: »
    Sorry going off topic for a minute.i got a new cleartomizer and battery and 5he cleartomizer is fine for the first day or 2 then I have to change it cause there's no pull any one know a fix??

What one do you have? Post a pic or link if you don't know the name.

It's an aspire cleartomizer and a vision battery it's driving me mental I had a 1.8 filter now I'm on 2.1 ands it's doing the same

I've been vaping for a good while now and whilst I think the istick is great, unless you are looking for an abnormally long battery life, I'd stick with the 30w.

I use a kanger sub tank and never go over about 22w, so I've no idea what a 50watt device is needed for. With an aerotank you won't need more than 12w at which level the battery will last a day at least.

Are you buying on line or going in to a shop? You pay a bit more in a store, but get the chance to try everything out first.

I want to go to the Shop. Any suggestions out near or around City west or Naas?

It's an aspire cleartomizer and a vision battery it's driving me mental I had a 1.8 filter now I'm on 2.1 ands it's doing the same

What kind of liquid are you using? I use those coils sometimes and they last a week at the very least for me.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote:
    What kind of liquid are you using? I use those coils sometimes and they last a week at the very least for me.

It's pg Bah 24mg I've been using it from day one nearly 3 years now

It's pg Bah 24mg I've been using it from day one nearly 3 years now

I don't know tbh, could be a bad pack of coils. When you say no pull do you mean its blocked or you're just getting no vapor?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I want to go to the Shop. Any suggestions out near or around City west or Naas?

Palmerstown any good for you?

E-smokeireland are upstairs in the shopping centre there, they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

As Egriff says,is there any vapor at all.
    It can't be making a connection,the pin of the Clearo is not touching the positive pin on the Vision.
    Usually the restriction of air will stop you from vaping but an Aspire has it's own air control,unless the air holes are blocked or not even there,maybe a fake clearo.

Silly question....is the Vision turned on.

Palmerstown any good for you?

E-smokeireland are upstairs in the shopping centre there, they are very good.

I will be going to E-smokeireland tomorrow

Is there any way of contacting Esmoke Ireland?

The Phone Number is switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Email them and they'll get back to you quickly. They're active on FB too. Have you tried intermittently on the phone? Maybe they're on a call.

Email them and they'll get back to you quickly. They're active on FB too. Have you tried intermittently on the phone? Maybe they're on a call.

Phone is turned off and I dont have Facebook :(

I mailed them

• Advertisement

Off to Esmoke Ireland after work :)

Advertisement