Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have to jump to SteveB09 defence. Got my Istick at vapefest, About a week of use the microusb port came loose and Steve replaced it straight away.

I think its worth paying the little bit extra for the B&M shops where you can pick and choose your flavours and see what suits you and what does.

I bet everone here has bought juice from an online shop and just didnt like it. how often does that happen with B&M shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Have to jump to SteveB09 defence. Got my Istick at vapefest, About a week of use the microusb port came loose and Steve replaced it straight away.

I think its worth paying the little bit extra for the B&M shops where you can pick and choose your flavours and see what suits you and what does.

I bet everone here has bought juice from an online shop and just didnt like it. how often does that happen with B&M shops?

Happens to me all the time tbh.

That may, however, be because I don't bother trying samples, and just buy whatever peaks my interest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I have gone to B&M shops , tried a liquid , bought it , vaped it for half an hour at home and then decided I didn't like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I got the 2000w eleaf in a place in Dun Laoghaire - biggest waste of 45e - worked fine for the first day.... then started getting the awful burning taste, and what pee'd me off, I got the clearomiser the day I got the battery. I got another clearomiser a few days after, ruined that, and the next one! and I haven't gone higher than 3v (lowest).
    but, here's the weird thing, the burning taste doesn't happen when I put the clearomiser on my ego battery... :-(
    anyone know what is happening??

SMJSF wrote: »
    I got the 2000w eleaf in a place in Dun Laoghaire - biggest waste of 45e - worked fine for the first day.... then started getting the awful burning taste, and what pee'd me off, I got the clearomiser the day I got the battery. I got another clearomiser a few days after, ruined that, and the next one! and I haven't gone higher than 3v (lowest).
    but, here's the weird thing, the burning taste doesn't happen when I put the clearomiser on my ego battery... :-(
    anyone know what is happening??

It's not a 2000w, it's probably 20w :p

What kind of clearo are you using on it? A ce4 (bog standard disposable one that costs about afiver)? They don't work well at all with the istick.

If you want a good, working kit, get yourself a nautilus mini to go with the istick

What kind of clearo are you using on it? A ce4 (bog standard disposable one that costs about afiver)? They don't work well at all with the istick.

If you want a good, working kit, get yourself a nautilus mini to go with the istick

thank you for your response (:
    yes it's the ce4 I use with it.... and where would I get the nautilus? (possibly in Dublin City centre?)

thank you for your response (:
    yes it's the ce4 I use with it.... and where would I get the nautilus? (possibly in Dublin City centre?)

Yeah, they really don't work with a ce4. Ego batteries work with ce4s because they're not very powerful!

The nautilus mini is about 25 quid, and you just replace coils in it, so it works out cheaper than using ce4s, with better flavour from the liquid.

If you're specifically looking for a place in the CC you can get them in ecirette on Talbot street, smoke different on capel street and purplebox in temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I thought I didn't like my istick, for most of the reasons that have been mentioned, but I really want the 30watt. And the tiny little 10watt one. And when the fifty comes out...I could sell my 20watt maybe to justify trading up but I want to keep it for some reason.

It's very strange, there's a million reasons why other devices should be better to get, but there's something about these little devices for me.

30watt seems to have sorted most issues by the looks of it - flatter output, rms, spring-loaded 510 and better threads. I like the overhanging top cap as well, looks like its good to grip. Dammit, it's on the list.

• Advertisement

Just had both my Isticks Give a "Atomizer short" message

This makes me a sad panda

Just had both my Isticks Give a "Atomizer short" message

This makes me a sad panda

If you gently push up the centre pin a bit, it should sort it :)

nope :(

nope :(

Ah crap :/ what tanks are you using? Seems to be an issue for almost every tank bar the nauty. Guess I'm lucky that mine works fine :pac:

Jappened using a nautilus, and an Aspire BDC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just received the "No Atomizer" found message with my Nautilus mini attached. Any suggestions??:(

Fixed, loose connection piece... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Glebee wrote: »

Fixed, loose connection piece... :)

With the nautilus or istick?

Minis have never given me a problem on this with their pin but anything on the ego adapter is a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Glebee

accaguest wrote: »
    With the nautilus or istick?

Minis have never given me a problem on this with their pin but anything on the ego adapter is a bit of a lottery.

The adopter piece between the two was not fixed tight. Silly mistake in my part.

question, (sorry again!)
    I got the eleaf clearomizer yesterday, got home, put liquid in, and it won't open now :-( any tips? I've tired rubber gloves, no luck :-(

and, I got a little pin with the battery, to connect a ce4 clearomizer to the battery, I used it when I got the battery with the ce4 clearomizer, and that's stuck too!!! no luck with this bloody eleaf :-(

if I get on a pc, I'll add a photo of what I mean if it helps.

question, (sorry again!)
    I got the eleaf clearomizer yesterday, got home, put liquid in, and it won't open now :-( any tips? I've tired rubber gloves, no luck :-(

and, I got a little pin with the battery, to connect a ce4 clearomizer to the battery, I used it when I got the battery with the ce4 clearomizer, and that's stuck too!!! no luck with this bloody eleaf :-(

if I get on a pc, I'll add a photo of what I mean if it helps.

Wow, you're having problems! :pac:

Sounds like you're screwing your clearos and adaptor too tight.

If rubber gloves aren't working, try wrapping tissue around the base and unscrewing.

If that doesn't work, you can gently unscrew it with a pliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Try wrapping a cloth around the base that you want to remove and use a nut cracker to gently unscrew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

When my Nautilus mini is being stubborn and wont open i wrap some insulating tape around the grip then it opens very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

how do I reset it?

I remember reading it somewhere but can't seem to find it. it is not performing like it used to.

As for opening a stubborn nautilus mini, I used a washing up sponge dry. Provides great grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moleyv wrote: »
    how do I reset it?

I remember reading it somewhere but can't seem to find it. it is not performing like it used to.

As for opening a stubborn nautilus mini, I used a washing up sponge dry. Provides great grip.

I believe it was go to highest wattage and fire, lowest wattage and fire.

Change to voltage mode and do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The threading on my iStick just gave out! I was going to unscrew the kayfun and it just kinda popped out!

Shocked and appalled really. Its not as if i've been hammering it about. Tried another Kayfun and even an adaptor on it but no joy :(

I only got it at Vapefest.

Have a bit of a wait before my FT iStick lands so will have to get another device....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Try putting a sliver of Kanthal on one or both sides as you screw it in,that should give it enough to grip.

Good idea, ill try that. Wonder if this wold be the job as well (iStick bending adaptor): http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/528-eleaf-istick-bending-adaptor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

My eleaf iStick won't charge anymore?? Still vapes when plugged in but I don't get the charging icon on screen and when I press a button and get the wattage/voltage/ohm display the empty battery icon flashes.

Is it toast? Known issue? Any fixes? or is this a return to bestshop jobbie?

[EDIT] Turns out the iStick is fine. It was all the USB ports on my computer that I charge from stopped working. Copped it when my mouse needed a charge and plugged it into the mini usb that I also use to charge the iStick. No charging lights came on. Penny dropped. Googled my motherboard and its a known issue. USB just glitching out on occasion. Reboot fixed it.

Try putting a sliver of Kanthal on one or both sides as you screw it in,that should give it enough to grip.

This worked btw - cheers!

• Advertisement

I dealt with my iStick panic yesterday by... buying another iStick.

One now .on route by FT and one by TBS. End result... 1 iStick pet Kayfun. I also ordered the 'bendy' iStick adaptor and will let you all know if that helps a thread ****ed iStick!

Advertisement