Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

SteveB09 wrote: »
    Hi Trond,

Thanks for your feedback on our price for the eLeaf iStick in purplebox vapours. Believe me I have no intention of taking the piss with the price I have had to set for the device in store.

Before I set a price I do extensive research in to what other sellers are pricing items at – some I can beat, some I can match and some I just can’t. The eLeaf fell into the latter category.

Overheads for a B&M store in the centre of town are very expensive and with one shop I don’t yet having a bulk buying stick to wave at suppliers. So buy the time I get the eLeaf on to the shelf €54 seemed a fair price for the kit with a free e-juice.

However, I take pride in the fact that at purplebox I do listen to customer feedback and try my best to react and admit where I may have gone wrong. So with that in mind, I’ll have a look at the price for the eLeaf and see if I can get it down a touch - and hey I can always go a few days without eating :)

So once again thanks for the feedback - and do call in to talk to me in person and share any thoughts on how we're doing.
    Regards
    Steve Barrett

Cheers for the reply Steve. Ive actually bought a few things in your shop and will continue to do so in future. My comment was based on seeing the exact same kit for €40 on another Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just ordered one from thebestshop for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Tbh, I was surprised by the price of the istick in purplebox.

However, I think Steve is absolutely lovely. I've only been in the shop 3 times. After the first time, it was about 3 months before I came back (with my sister), and after that one visit, he remembered us, and made sure to add loyalty points to our account.

Tbh, with service like that, where someone actually remembers you even when you're not a regular customer, I'd happily pay extra.

Genuinely, it's the most friendly vaping shop I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Generally staff in vaping shops are super friendly and are totally enthusiastic about vaping themselves, which is awesome. It makes going into the shop a kinda social thing and a bit of an experience.

I too am happy to pay a little over the odds for the service and convenience. Obviously you can try the various liquids and see various items in person. It's good.

Fair play to you for taking peoples' comments on-board so quickly.

• Advertisement

Anyone want to tell me if the istick takes ego threaded clearos?

Want to get one for my sister, but she won't use anything other than aspire ce5s :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Anyone want to tell me if the istick takes ego threaded clearos?

Want to get one for my sister, but she won't use anything other than aspire ce5s :pac:

It comes with an adapter that you can use.

Hi Trond,

No worries - I've managed to get it down to €45. I need to lose a few pounds so skipping a few meals is probably a good idea anyway :)

Talk soon
    Steve

Fair play for taking the criticism but the meal skipping stuff is unwarranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'm using a Nautilus, just ordered an istick kit from ESI, istick, mini Nautilus, 7mls sample juice & 5 bvc coils, with the boards discount came to €66.40 delivered, thought that was pretty good, had intended picking up a mini Nautilus anyway in the near future

J Mysterio wrote: »

I assumed he was joking, rather than being cheeky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I assumed he was joking, rather than being cheeky.
    Absolutely. You only have to talk to Steve and you'll see he's got that wry Scouse sense of humour!
    I feel for B&M stores in Dublin, especially Steve in Temple Bar, that must cost a fking fortune to lease that store. You'd want a sideline selling drugs to make ends meet.

Didihno wrote: »
    Absolutely. You only have to talk to Steve and you'll see he's got that wry Scouse sense of humour!
    I feel for B&M stores in Dublin, especially Steve in Temple Bar, that must cost a fking fortune to lease that store. You'd want a sideline selling drugs to make ends meet.

Aren't all vendors selling drugs already? :p

Aren't all vendors selling drugs already? :p
    Lol.

Although hmmm....must ask to see the under the counter selection in future.....

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

J Mysterio wrote: »

thats a really,really s*it comment to make tbh

The chap has come on here to defend himself,listened to feedback & thats what you say.

He's up against back room dropship merchants ,provides a great service and wore a very snazzy purple suit at Vapefest Ireland.

as pointed out he's smack bang in the middle of Temple Bar so he does have over heads which he has to meet so the price is a bit higher.......live with it.

I've spent the past hour looking to get a MVP2 or another iStick and have decided to go with the iStick from Purple Box even though i could gt one cheaper elsewhere but service and buying locally counts for something.

Especially when we are all supposed to be fighting "the good fight" .

Look at his website its not just buy my stuff it's a genuine site for vaping.

So wind your neck in before making a keyboard warrior comment.

Edit: he's also a cyclist so that's a another thumbs up

I can say what I want buddy. I'm aware that he has overheads and I sympathise with that. That's why I said:

"I too am happy to pay a little over the odds for the service and convenience. Obviously you can try the various liquids and see various items in person. It's good."

I took umbrage with what seemed like him trying to illicit sympathy. He is running a business which is oriented to turn profit. He is not doing it solely out of the goodness of his heart though he may be a great guy and may be furthering the interests of vapers. Someone has since pointed out he has an offbeat sense of humour and I accepted that.

So, feck off.

I have also recommended to various posters here that they check out his shop to aid their journey into vaping. Your ire is misplaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

I'm not your buddy.

Brilliant that.

[scouse accent]Calm down calm down eh eh eh! [/scouse accent]
    Come on lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thought I was on UKV for a second there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Here is my review, got it on Friday, charged it fully & started using it at 9.45am Saturday morning, I'd consider myself a medium / high user & I got until 8.30pm on Sunday evening, it wasn't fully discharged, down to about 1 bar so stuck it on charge. So pretty much two days, I was happy with that,

Main advantages, long lasting, no more carrying around spare batteries, can charge it with my phone charger, my Nautilus will not roll of the table :)

Heavier than I thought it would be (don't know why) but it's a nice design, display is clear

It's only been a couple of days but I'd give it 10/10 very happy, might make a nice stocking filler for the vaper you love*

*It's ok if the vaper you love is yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

The first one I got I had to return after a week as the threads disintegrated. It is far from the perfect device.

Pros:
    1 Size
    2 Battery Life
    3 Variable Voltage and Wattage

Cons:
    1 I've yet to see a rebuild-able tank atty that looks well on it
    2 It's definitely overpowered
    3 The fire button. It rattles, it's similar to a battery rattle
    4 The 510 connection is too far to one side
    5 The pin and threading in the 510 are not great quality.
    6 It misfires every now and again

I really like it. I now own 2 and I am just being very careful when I screw my atty's on/off.

I view it as a disposable product, like a rechargeable battery. Battery life will decrease over time until it stops, but that is reflected int the price.

It compliments my provari and microstick perfectly. Now to find a good looking atty for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Lads - hectic December so missed the earlier comments from end of November and the ensuing debate from J.M and Euro Fred - sorry I caused a bit of a 'heated debate' there but lads do chill out - we're all mates here.
    *puts down popcorn flavour* well... ok that ended quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I will go with the ileaf nautilus mini starter kit. I might wait for a few days and see if there is a sale, if not 10% for boards is still great!

I know the juices are personal taste, but in general are there any 'better' brands or some brands to avoid?

Also are there nicotine free options?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

My iSticks charger port just broke :/

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I found a cure for the iStick's tendency to overpower. I was unable to go over 6.5w without getting a burning taste or dry hit no matter what set up I had on top.

Taken from another forum:

With atomizer attached - Power up to highest Wattage for tank and fire, down to lowest and fire. Same again for voltage- all the way up fire, all the way down and fire.

Obviously only the briefest of fires at the top end of the watt/volt scale to prevent burning out your cotton wick.

I doubt it's a permanent fix, but it worked a charm for me. Some people claim it resets the device in some way, I have my doubts, but it did work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I bought one on monday from emsoker in Palmerstown. Im in love. What a difference from my generic 3.7 ego batt. Great hit. I've no real cons on it except I'm burning through liquid. Bought it on monday charged and still have half a battery. Saying that I'm not the heaviest at vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I found a cure for the iStick's tendency to overpower. I was unable to go over 6.5w without getting a burning taste or dry hit no matter what set up I had on top.

Taken from another forum:

With atomizer attached - Power up to highest Wattage for tank and fire, down to lowest and fire. Same again for voltage- all the way up fire, all the way down and fire.

Obviously only the briefest of fires at the top end of the watt/volt scale to prevent burning out your cotton wick.

I doubt it's a permanent fix, but it worked a charm for me. Some people claim it resets the device in some way, I have my doubts, but it did work for me.

There's no way that this could.... oh... it worked! Nice one, thanks a million that does seem to have helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've just ordered a cloupor mini 30w. Pretty much the same size as an istick but has a removable 18650 battery but also a micro usb charge port bonus ! From what I've been reading, what is outputted on the display is far more accurate than the iStick 20w, which I'm currently using.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

TinCool wrote: »
    I've just ordered a cloupor mini 30w. Pretty much the same size as an istick but has a removable 18650 battery but also a micro usb charge port bonus ! From what I've been reading, what is outputted on the display is far more accurate than the iStick 20w, which I'm currently using.

Where did you order it from ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Seen this from their site:

iStick 30W can support sub ohm coil

That'll be handy for the Kanger SubTank

Edit: Oops, misread TinCool's post.

Advertisement