Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

all non-turkish cards seem to be blocked now. I even got the revolut virtual credit card reactivated and no go. so unless you have already registered and use the netflix gift vouchers it is a non-runner

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

clevtrev wrote: »
    all non-turkish cards seem to be blocked now. I even got the revolut virtual credit card reactivated and no go. so unless you have already registered and use the netflix gift vouchers it is a non-runner

I managed to use Revolut via curve, 3 days ago, to start paying via turkey, for the first time. I got a curve card, as someone on here said to do, then added my Revolut card to the payment options on curve. Had the curve card number on Netflix Ireland and waited for that to expire. Turned on VPN to Turkey, renewed, prices in Turkish amounts, paid no problem, no ccv check etc. Happy days, around 5 euros a month.

I had issues trying to sign up the previous month, just using Revolut, but curve card seems to have worked perfectly instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

clevtrev wrote:

Can people stop posting this absolute tripe? It's been going on for years now, it still works. You're obviously doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

I had to use netflix vouchers this month. I forgot about the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

All my cards are failing now, had worked fine for months, purchased a gift card from g2a, Netflix accepts the code fine but when I am at the screen where it asks what account do I want to apply it to, it fails. Says "we were unable to complete your request, please try later"

Anyone else seen this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Streamregions.com is a very handy website. You can check which countries have your movies on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anyone else seen this?

Keep trying. I changed vpn & it worked after getting the same message. I loaded six months worth then

I had to use netflix vouchers this month. I forgot about the bank holiday.

What VPN did you use to load the vouchers on Netflix. Just tried loading more on & I'm getting error code

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What VPN did you use to load the vouchers on Netflix. Just tried loading more on & I'm getting error code

I loaded mine without VPN, simply logged in on my browser: http://netflix.com/redeem

AngelaRI wrote:
    I loaded mine without VPN, simply logged in on my browser:

Thanks. I'll try it again when home

• Advertisement

AngelaRI wrote:
    I loaded mine without VPN, simply logged in on my browser:

Thanks. I'll try it again when home

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Keep trying. I changed vpn & it worked after getting the same message. I loaded six months worth then
    Thanks mate, I tried again with Nord, and it worked straight away, nice one :-)

Thanks mate, I tried again with Nord, and it worked straight away, nice one :-)

I tried to load more vouchers the other day but got the error message. I was advised here that no vpn was required to load the vouchers. I successfully loaded my vouchers from Ireland without VPN

TL giftcards at a VERY good rate at the moment, €11.36:
    https://www.g2a.com/netflix-gift-card-100-tl-turkey-i10000006307013

At this rate I'm not paying by card for Netflix for over a year! Just bought 3 more, loaded up no isses (no VPN), happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I managed to change the card from old expiring virtual card to physical card just in time and first money taken last week ! Happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

AngelaRI wrote: »

At this rate I'm not paying by card for Netflix for over a year! Just bought 3 more, loaded up no isses (no VPN), happy days! :D

I buy this as normal and just add it to my Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Yeah I came across them a few days ago but was nervous as no-one had mentioned them, so decided to go with tried and tested g2a. Now when I bought they were at a great rate of €11.59 and now are up to 12.30 again, still a pretty good deal, I bought 500TL worth and they arrived within minutes and redeemed in netflix with no issue whatsover

i would say do not overdo it. I would be concerned with purchasing too many due to high inflation in Turkey and currency is falling. So there is a high chance that TL will again weaken against euro/dollar. This would lead to TL vouchers dropping further down in euro price and Netflix will increase subscription costs in Turkey in line with inflation and currency value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can I buy this and just apply it to my Irish account?

No as it is valued in TRY.

Got the gift card working, no joy adding curve card though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

How long sub do you get per card?

Around 2 months per 100 TRY card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Got the dreaded email this morning. Revolut decommissioned my older "Virtual" card (even though it didn't expire for a couple of years) and replaced it with a new one......... damn!

However, I tried the gift card option discussed in the thread. Worked like a charm.

Major thanks to whoever the original poster was who shared this knowledge. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Do you need to get the Europe version? I see there is a pop up when trying to add it to the Cart.

matzen wrote: »
    Do you need to get the Europe version? I see there is a pop up when trying to add it to the Cart.

If you have Turkish Netflix, buy the TL card, the message is just warning you that you're buying a giftcard that you can't redeem in the region you're in (unless you go on VPN and it thinks you're in Turkey). Won't stop you from buying it, and no issues redeeming against Netflix without VPN

Hococop wrote: »
    I buy this as normal and just add it to my Netflix?

Yep, it'll warn you at checkout that the TL isn't redeemable in Ireland (or wherever it thinks you are located) but won't stop you checking out.
    Apply to Netflix without VPN provided you are already signed up to Turkish sub

i would say do not overdo it. I would be concerned with purchasing too many due to high inflation in Turkey and currency is falling. So there is a high chance that TL will again weaken against euro/dollar. This would lead to TL vouchers dropping further down in euro price and Netflix will increase subscription costs in Turkey in line with inflation and currency value.

I'm good for just over a year, so unless the currency really crashes and prices go up 3-fold or more, still a massive saving on Irish prices.
    I was looking back over past payments and there was a time, not even all that long ago, just a few short years, I was paying €6.99 for Irish (think this was before the 4K but still full HD/multiscreen plan)

Gift card price gone up to over 12 euro now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

I got a notification yesterday stating that i needed to update my payment method. Tried to use my Revolut and Irish debit card to no luck using the VPN method for Turkey.

Any idea as to what i can do next? Or will i just keep trying with Revolut virtual cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Same issue as all here update payment method but no card i added was accepted so used the Vouchers that can be got here (https://www.g2a.com/netflix-gift-card-100-tl-turkey-i10000006307013) bought 2 and added to account and now says i'm paid up and in credit until October 7th 2021 obv currency fluctuations may change this but great work around to whoever suggested this

Advertisement