Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Egg offers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Caranica wrote: »
    Ordered some for my niblings with my Tesco order. Unfortunately they substituted Cadbury eggs with Nestle eggs so they all went back. Roll on the next 5 for 5 offer.

Dunne Stores are doing four for €4 if that's of any help to you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Dunne Stores are doing four for €4 if that's of any help to you .

Thanks, self isolating at the moment (bronchitis not Covid but doctor told me I need to be two days symptom free before I go out) so relying on deliveries.

Thankfully there's a few weeks to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Interesting designs and flavours in ALDI as usual. Now getting those cheap would be worth a trip! I find it hard to pass up a bargain, but this year I am isolating so there's just me and the dog, and no kids to spoil, so I am going to polish my halo and spend what I've saved on hookers and cocaine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Caranica wrote: »
    Thanks, self isolating at the moment (bronchitis not Covid but doctor told me I need to be two days symptom free before I go out) so relying on deliveries.

Thankfully there's a few weeks to go.

Ah ok , hope you feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don’t want to egg you on but that was an eggcellent yolk.

To be honest it’s really shelldom that I get so cracked up!

That said I’m going to have to scramble for the eggsit soon or maybe I’ll go get myself an eggspresso.

Jesus that’s a lot of puns, I’ll need to record them all on my eggshell spreadsheet.

Haha 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Kokonut in Walkinstown doing 2 large eggs for €10, normally €8 for 1 in Dunnes.

They're 2 for 8 in Tesco or do you mean the XL ones (e.g. Large Daim egg with a full large bar )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have a 'guaranteed unbeatable prices' on large eggs range from 25/02
    nestle/mars/disney eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Super Valu

Large Easter Eggs for €6
    Extra Large Cadbury and Large Kinder Egg €9.84 each

Kinder eggs are always a rip off but couldn't help myself and needed a pick me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

"Large" Easter Eggs (approx. 250g) 3 for €9 in Tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32962526
    valid from tomorrow (25/2/2021) until 7/3/2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl have a 'guaranteed unbeatable prices' on large eggs range from 25/02
    nestle/mars/disney eggs
    I saw that in the leaflet so went by the Easter eggs and there was no deal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

pigtail33 wrote: »
    "Large" Easter Eggs (approx. 250g) 3 for €9 in Tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32962526
    valid from tomorrow (25/2/2021) until 7/3/2021

Dunnes have same deal, no idea end date though.

The medium eggs are the small of yesteryear

same with Large which were medium
    Ex Large which were large

I got a wispa gold Easter egg In dealz for €5, it’s like a medium size probably smaller just wondering has anyone seeing these cheeper?

I’m egger to hear your replies as I could hear eggciting news,...

Ha Sorry I’ll never be as good as murphyebass, but that’s my poor attempt...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

4 Lindt 200g bunny's on Amazon for €13.33 with free prime delivery. They are €5.50 each in Tesco.

Supervalu
    vW4i8Ej.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    I got a wispa gold Easter egg In dealz for €5, it’s like a medium size probably smaller just wondering has anyone seeing these cheeper?

I’m egger to hear your replies as I could hear eggciting news,...

Ha Sorry I’ll never be as good as murphyebass, but that’s my poor attempt...

You could possibly get them for €4 or as part of some offer 2 for €8 or something similar but there not overly common eggs as some.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

4 Lindt 200g bunny's on Amazon for €13.33 with free prime delivery. They are €5.50 each in Tesco.

Can’t find this have you a link please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Looks like £13.33 to me (€15.50)
    And then you have to sign up for prime!

And you have to buy 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone know when the dunnes 3 for €9 deal ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hococop wrote: »
    Anyone know when the dunnes 3 for €9 deal ends?

March 2nd as per today's Sindo ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnIdea

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Any idea when this deal starts or if it’s live already ?

I picked up 4 for €4 this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Has anyone seen a snickers egg in any of the shops ? I’ve tried most of the shops , can’t locate one .

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a snickers egg in any of the shops ? I’ve tried most of the shops , can’t locate one .

Thanks a lot.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-seasonal-snickers-large-easter-egg-274-grams-/p-1525091001

Not available in my local, but you might be lucky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cadbury's, Mars & Nestle medium Easter eggs 9 for €9

• Advertisement

Cadbury's, Mars & Nestle medium Easter eggs 9 for €9

Medium or the same smaller ones that are 4 for €4 (Supervalu) and 3 for €5 (Tesco)?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Medium or the same smaller ones that are 4 for €4 (Supervalu) and 3 for €5 (Tesco)?

Smaller ones- but for a quid each, who is arguing...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭d1980

Was in lidl this morning and 3 for 3 on small eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snow Crash

d1980 wrote: »
    Was in lidl this morning and 3 for 3 on small eggs.
    By small, do you mean like the modern medium sized ones on the 3 for €5 Easter egg offer currently in Tesco? https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32955201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Anyone know where one can find the mini eggs egg with the bits of mini eggs inside the shell? Tried Tesco & Supervalu but no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭d1980

Snow Crash wrote: »
    By small, do you mean like the modern medium sized ones on the 3 for €5 Easter egg offer currently in Tesco? https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32955201

I don’t think too many of the ones on the Tesco link but there were 4/5 of the eggs with a bar. The eggs were the ‘smaller medium’ ie rolo, Freddo type eggs....

Lidl
    cbMuuxk.png

Why would one buy one 238g for €4 when you could buy three 139g's for €3 :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Why would one buy one 238g for €4 when you could buy three 139g's for €3 :confused::confused:

They’re no fools. They know parents in the main will buy a large egg for their children. Also even partners for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The bars/varieties are also different e.g. you can only get toffee crisp, snickers, Yorkie, celebrations etc. in large format not medium/small

2 large Lindt eggs which i think are about €9-11 each, 2 for €15 at Circle K of all places.

12 creme eggs for 3.99 in Lidl....with the lidl plus app they come down to €3.09

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snow Crash

Lidl
    cbMuuxk.png
    They only had the Crunchie, CreamEgg, MiniEgg & Buttons eggs from the 3 for €3 offer in stock in my local Lidl's(Shankill) today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

12 creme eggs for 3.99 in Lidl....with the lidl plus app they come down to €3.09

Offer not on my app :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Kind of an Easter egg topic but in dealz they had a bar of mini egg chocolate with the bits inside, I regret only buying two bars.

Any offers on large eggs 2 for €10 and the likes ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any offers on large eggs 2 for €10 and the likes ??

2 for €8 in Tesco.

I actually saw the Lindt big Easter eggs are €10 in Duness, that’s eggcellent value. Unfortunately I was too egger and bought mine a few weeks ago at €12.

I actually saw the Lindt big Easter eggs are €10 in Duness, that’s eggcellent value. Unfortunately I was too egger and bought mine a few weeks ago at €12.

Get out get the hell out :p:D:D:D

They were 2 for €15 in Circle K last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Normally I'd be all over these deals but last year, I think I must have eaten around 30 medium (small) eggs before Easter even came around. So this year, I'm not buying til the day before Easter. I have no self control- if there's chocolate in the house, then I will eat it. I can't have it around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭POBox19

Isn't this the same marketing trick played out in November with the big tubs of chocolate sweets? Roses, Quality Street, Celebrations etc. for 3.99€ and then 3.50€ in the big retailers. Ended up buying 3 boxes of them and none left by Christmas Day!

I have no self control....

With small eggs at a euro (via the various multi deals) they're are cheaper than a chocolate bar.

I still think a cadbury chocolate egg chocolate is nicer than a normal bar of the stuff....am eating one most days at the moment :(

• Advertisement

I keep saying to myself 'don't buy a kinder egg there a rip off' but i did and have it away. Have a few smaller ones away to

i'll hopefully pick up a few more at a cheap price

Advertisement