Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton v Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

Interesting that Kelleher is starting at hooker again in a fairly strong side. Think he's going to move up the order very quickly, looks like an excellent player.

I think at most he's second to Cronin but given Cronin's age he may well be first choice this season.

He looks the part anyway, been impressed with all aspects of his play and keen to see how he fares away against a top table team and in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think at most he's second to Cronin but given Cronin's age he may well be first choice this season.

He looks the part anyway, been impressed with all aspects of his play and keen to see how he fares away against a top table team and in Europe.

With Cronin's injury we're about to see what the pecking order at hooker is. For me, Kelleher already looks the match of Byrne and Tracy whlst being significantly younger that both. I'd have no problem with him starting in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

No rain expected, should advantage Connacht a bit, less impact for 2nd row, better impact for backs

connachta wrote: »
    No rain expected, should advantage Connacht a bit, less impact for 2nd row, better impact for backs

A dry surface would also be of huge benefit to mobile forwards Which Leinster have in abundance

I see Tiernan didn't make the Connacht 23 so with Kearney on the bench Leinster comfortably win battle of the dreamboats.

Not sure how much the match really matters at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,075 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bookies have leinster -5 , which i think is about right.

connachts backs wont get much room for profit if their tight five cant get parity.... or their set piece is under pressure.

however its in the sportsground, connacht have always been game raisers against us, and id imagine their conference will be tighter than ours so points are more valuable to them.... so id also have it at 50 / 50 and it come come down to a ref decision or a harsh card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

I see Tiernan didn't make the Connacht 23 so with Kearney on the bench Leinster comfortably win battle of the dreamboats.

Hard to make the 23 when you're out injured. He really has learned from the best:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It would have been quite the recovery from his recent surgery if he had lined out against Sunbed Rob.

Timed his surgery so he didn't have to face embarrassment by Lowe again.

Clegg wrote: »
    A dry surface would also be of huge benefit to mobile forwards Which Leinster have in abundance

I can agree Healy and Fardy for example are on the paper above Buckley and Gallagher overall. But clearly not about mobility
    With the possible exception of Macksymiw, every Connacht forward are not powerful and very mobile

-Buckley is reputed for turnovers, Bealham is versatile TH as Porter, so runs a lot, McCartney was absolutely amazing vs Dragons
    -SOB and Gallagher are 5/6 locks, so not static

- Butler Masterson and Boyle are everywhere since 5 games
    - Fainga'a runs faster than some centres

• Advertisement

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Hard to make the 23 when you're out injured. He really has learned from the best:D
    Robbo wrote: »
    It would have been quite the recovery from his recent surgery if he had lined out against Sunbed Rob.

I'm sorry lads but the state of the pair of ye bringing facts into a build up thread.

Tiernan is out injured because he is having surgery to make him look more like Rob.

First post surgical images leaked and he seems to be about half way there:

?width=630&version=4755486

I'm sorry lads but the state of the pair of ye bringing facts into a build up thread.

Tiernan is out injured because he is having surgery to make him look more like Rob.

First post surgical images leaked and he seems to be about half way there:

?width=630&version=4755486

Oh, no, he lost just about half of his speed, when he should have lost 2/3...

Oh, no, he lost just about half of his speed, when he should have lost 2/3...

Sorry Connachta but once again you have entirely missed the point.

We aren't talking about speed, this is purely a conversation around dreamboatedness.

And please don't try and bring Muldoon into this again, it got genuinely weird last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

With Cronin's injury we're about to see what the pecking order at hooker is. For me, Kelleher already looks the match of Byrne and Tracy whlst being significantly younger that both. I'd have no problem with him starting in Europe.

In before "he's not ready".

How long is Cronin out for? Thought he was going to miss some games in Europe?

Sorry Connachta but once again you have entirely missed the point.

We aren't talking about speed, this is purely a conversation around dreamboatedness.

And please don't try and bring Muldoon into this again, it got genuinely weird last time.

john-muldoon.jpg

God Leinster fans really are the worst

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We're Number 1! We're Number 1!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Living up to the reputation Venjur. Ladyboys... only reason ye signed Kelleher back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

God Leinster fans really are the worst

tumblr_inline_pqkdscoXkh1thl4qg_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Tight five for Connacht really need to be perfect for this game. Delighted Gallagher will be tested at this level, he was there or there about a with James Ryan at u20 level but has been plagued with injuries since. Don’t expect him to go as far as Ryan but he can become a brilliant player in his own right if fit.

Hope Connacht pack can give some platform to the backs because I think carty - Robb- Farrell could really do some real damage to a Leinster back line that I don’t think have defended too much together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Interesting selections. Love the Leinster back row. Should be a fantastic match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Heard a rumour that due to the ongoing second row injury crisis there's one well groomed man doing lineout drills in Eyre Square, waiting for the call...

Robbo wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that due to the ongoing second row injury crisis there's one well groomed man doing lineout drills in Eyre Square, waiting for the call...

Is that Andrew Conway guiding him to the try line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I can agree Healy and Fardy for example are on the paper above Buckley and Gallagher overall. But clearly not about mobility
    With the possible exception of Macksymiw, every Connacht forward are not powerful and very mobile

-Buckley is reputed for turnovers, Bealham is versatile TH as Porter, so runs a lot, McCartney was absolutely amazing vs Dragons
    -SOB and Gallagher are 5/6 locks, so not static

- Butler Masterson and Boyle are everywhere since 5 games
    - Fainga'a runs faster than some centres

:P:P

but really

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Absolutely amazing v Dragons just says it all!!!

Member when Ringrose embarrassed the entire province of Connacht?

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1192537455108534273?s=19

Tom Farrell will do worse to Leinster tomorrow night, just you wait for the true heir to the Irish 13 jersey emerges to the world

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Tom Farrell will do worse to Leinster tomorrow night, just you wait for the true heir to the Irish 13 jersey emerges to the world

We've been listening to connachta repeat the same line for nearly 3 years now yet the closest he's come to an Ireland place is holding tackle bags for Ringrose in a training session ;)

I doubted the sincerity of your post so I called my Uncle who lives in Claremorris and asked if he remembered feeling embarrassed sometime around October last year.

He specifically referenced Ringrose's try and suggested that it was a province wide humiliation from which quite a few have not yet recovered.

So apologies - I was wrong, Ringrose really did embarrass all of Connacht. Massive.

We've been listening to connachta repeat the same line for nearly 3 years now yet the closest he's come to an Ireland place is holding tackle bags for Ringrose in a training session ;)

Yes but now his long lost uncle Andy is in charge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wegians89 wrote: »

Hopefully, any player no matter what provinces who is better than Ringrose would be a huge addition to Ireland

Advertisement